Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Tasmanian ecstasy bust

on_the_rise_5

Bluelighter
Hey, i have been trying to find the artical relating to this but i have been unable, i saw in the the mercury yesterday, but read it in a rush, hence, just wondering if anyone had access to the artical. It involved two Tasmanian men (originally Queenslanders) who were bringin down a VERY substantial number of pills, they were found in possession of 2,000 (he was apprehended as he hopped of a plane) and then the house was searched also and they found some ice in there.

So yeh, any info would be greatly appreciated =D

I just don't understand how Melbourne seems to have so many pills and Tasmania doens't. Wierd. I'm sure the demand is there.

I think when considering the risks and benefits, moving heaps of pills to Tasmania isn't as beneficial as keeping the majority in melbourne when demand defenitely outstrips supply. Why take risks moving them when they can sell them all here?:\

Immortal Teknique said:
Why take risks moving them when they can sell them all here?:\

Because Tasmanians need pills t...-

Hang on. Good point. Fuck Tasmania.

Its much easier to move pills between suburbs in Melbourne, or even drive them from Sydney to Melbourne or vice versa, then it is to smuggle them over the strait.

Planes, boats = not good

Just a stab in the dark, but I'd say people in Tasmania pay a lot more for their pills then us mainland folk. So why not try to flog off 2,000 for twice, maybe even three times the price of selling 5,000 in Melbourne or Sydney.

i think it's around $xx down there, whats the deal with goin by boat? sniffer dogs?

[Edit: Price discussion removed. Please read the posting guidelines. BigTrancer]

Last edited by a moderator:
goa said:
whats the deal with goin by boat? sniffer dogs?

When you funnel people into a state in only a few places, its much easier to control what comes in. All they need is sniffers at the docks, and they'll catch a shitload more then their mainland counterparts.

Yeah security is actually quite tight for the little state, whether coming by plane or boat you will always get sniffed by a sniffer dog. Not sure what the dog is trained to sniff, but I have a feeling the dog is actually from the Department of Agriculture - Tasmania's lack of certain diseases is a big economic advantage.

Drugs are quite expensive in Tassie, but when buying in bulk the price isn't that different from the mainland, but still 2000 pills could have a decent impact...can just imagine the staff at * "whats wrong tonight? people actually look sober".

[Edit: Venue discussion removed. Please read the posting guidelines. BigTrancer]

Last edited by a moderator:
chemical freak said:
Just a stab in the dark, but I'd say people in Tasmania pay a lot more for their pills then us mainland folk. So why not try to flog off 2,000 for twice, maybe even three times the price of selling 5,000 in Melbourne or Sydney.

Although it may be beneficial financially, its not much help to them if there 2000 pills that would fetch "x" amount of dollars gets busted leaving them alot worse than they could have been had they kept them on the mainland.

Main reason i would think is that Tasmanians like anyone else want pills and as many as they can get!!!
Sniffer dogs at an airport up north only smell for fruit veg ect, not sure about south, and the dogs on boat smell for drugs, however they do not work often.
And it does not really bother the supplier, person pays the dollars on mainland sells here goes back up, easy business for mainland person,more sales...

Ewok said:
I just don't understand how Melbourne seems to have so many pills and Tasmania doens't. Wierd. I'm sure the demand is there.

Trust me the scene down here (i'm in the south of the state) is as mainstream as anywhere else in Aus. Of the main 5 clubs in hobart, 3 of them basicall cater for us pill poppers. 2000 pills is still not really that much. Would only really impact the guys who bought of that particular DD. I cant see there being any shortage coming up.

Singles do seem to fetch more than our mainland counterparts would be willing to pay, however bulk prices are pretty much the same. Knew of a person who came down on holidays and could not believe how much people were willling to pay for a single at a club down here.

Just a side note, wonder if he'll get the death penalty!

fuck in heaven

I think that you will probibly find that the people who try to smuggle pills into Tasmania are actually Tasmanians that want pills and know the high demand for them. So they probibly go to the mainland to stock up and try to run the gauntlet back to tassie. Cant blame them for trying. ;)

^^ I agree.

I'm not really into the pill scene down here but most of the pills I know about come by post. I have heard of a few coming by boat/plane but most of these are once offs. I think that tasmania is small enough that most pills can be imported by friends and a few small time dealers. This would support the fact that most people I have spoken to find it hard to find a reliable supplier down here.