• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Tapering off xanax

floatingaround

Bluelighter
Ive got a decent history of heavy benzo use, have withdrawn heavy from xanax half a dozen times.. i feel like each time i wd much easier with less dose less consecutive days in a row. For example my last wd i used 2 mg a day for 4 days straight by the 5th night i wad feeling off but manageable.

Its been around 18 days straight ive been eating 1 mg each night. I woke this morning felt abit off, considerably getting worse and worse as the day goes on. Im in a really tough situation. My partner gives birth the next week. I go back to work in 6 days. I need to taper, i know truely im fucked and need to sort things out asap but i need to know what you guys think my smoothest transition will be. I have 8 mg of xanax left i picked up more this morning but i rekon theyre fakes as i took 1 mg and feel no different.

Should i see a dr for valium or lorazepam?

Sorry im abit lost at the moment any help from experienced bluelighters appreciated.. god the nxiety just knowing what im in for ?

Good news, 18 consecutive days at those doses wont result in significant withdrawal. Tapering from this already low dose might even drag it on unnecessarily.

That said, perhaps a very short taper with diazepam using 16 2mg diazepam tablets. Because of the importance of your upcoming events, a smooth touchdown might be helpful. I have been through bzd withdrawal many times so i am also sensitive to withdrawal now, and i would certainly not be feeling well after 21 days of xanax use (even at 1mg)

This should give you a smooth landing (remember, get the 2mg pills, 16 total in this case, without prolonging it unnecessarily)

Day 1: 10mg diazepam
Day 2: 8mg
Day 3: 6mg
Day 4: 4mg
Day 5: 2mg
Day 6: 1mg (half of a 2mg pill)
Day 7: .5mg (quarter of pill)
Day8: remaining quarter pill, .5mg

Thanks heaps for your reply mate.

I took your advice and picked up 35 mg of valium this morning, could only get 5 mg pills. I took 1 mg xanax 2 hours ago at 12pm. Ill wait untill tonight till i start feeling abit off to dose the valium, more so i get to sleep ok.