• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs Tapering off phenibut is ridiculous.

Joey24x18

Bluelighter
I've been trying to do this slowly. I've tapered down from 2.8g to 1.05g over the course of a month. I have to go out of town next weekend for some family shit, so I'm staying at my current dose until after I get back.

But what's weird, is I feel worst after I take my phenibut than I do when It's wearing off. I only dose once a day. And around 3 hours after taking it I'll start experiencing anxiety, weird head sensations, pressure behind my eyes. Then twelve hours later I'll feel fine. Shouldn't I feel better when I'm on the phenibut than when it wears off?

My sleep is so fucked from this shit too. I think I've got maybe 4 hours of sleep in the last 72 hours. My plan is to drop down to 1g today, then stay at it until i get back from my trip in ten days. Then drop 250mg every 7 days until im at 0.

Does this sound reasonable? This whole experience is something i never want to repeat.

After using phenibut long enough to have physical withdrawal issues, it's gonna be better off for you if you do your taper with an intermediate to long acting benzodiazepine if it's available to you( diazepam, clonazepam, clorazepate, chlordiazepoxide . You can do a slow downward titration with phenibut only but you are gonna feel like shit a *lot* longer if you don't substitute IMO. Be careful, phenibut withdrawal can induce seizures making it bit dangerous. See a doctor

Man I've seen two doctors and went to the ER. Lol. None of them take it seriously and/or have no idea what phenibut is. The ER prescribed me "vistaril" which is relatively useless for me.

I have a pound of kava, 5 2mg klonopin, and 2 Xanax bars for when I'm in full withdrawal. I have yet to see any reports of an actual seizure caused by phenibut cessation. I never went over 3 grams a day, and Im tapering so I think I'll be fine, or at least I won't die lol

I wish there was an easy way to do this. I don't think getting on a benzo while I'm still tapering off phenibut would be a good idea. It'd be like jumping out of the frying pan into the fire.

Phenibut just isn't my forte. Having said that...is it possible to take your current dose (no more) and split it in half twice daily.

I've had to do this with bupe, methadone, etc. because by the time I'm active, eat and drink all day, my metabolism burns the dose off. Dosing twice a day keeps withdrawals at bay.

Of course, everyone is different...

I think I might try that. I just don't know if it'll work the same as taking it all at once.

Gabapentin!! You are at the prime doseage IMO for a hop on the gabapentin train. I tapered down to somewhere in the 1.5 - 2g range from 5g daily. When I got that low, I started taking gabapentin(not a controlled substance, can be found easily) probably 1200-1500mg first day. Maybe 900-1200 next day. Stayed on it for a few days, maybe 4 or 5. I still felt off but I was no where near what I would have been if I stopped phenibut cold turkey.

Good luck man just remember the mind fuck phenibut WD gives you will pass.

You might consider taking 525mg twice a day (morning and night) or even 350mg three times a day (morning, late afternoon, night) if you haven't tried that already. I've never followed a strict tapering regimen when getting off Phenibut, but I typically found smaller doses broken up throughout the day to be a lot better than a large dose once a day. Unfortunately, I think you're going to face some unpleasantness no matter how you take it, but hopefully you can find a reasonable way to taper to mitigate the worst of it.

I went off Phenibut cold turkey in March after about a month and a half of daily use, taking 1.5-2.5g/day, and the withdrawals from that were hellish and I would not in my wildest dreams recommend doing a CT at all. I'd started to taper down slowly but at some point figured that I wouldn't be able to stop altogether unless I didn't have any more Phenibut in the house so I dumped it all. In retrospect, it was a dangerous and ill-conceived plan, but I'm just glad to be off that stuff.

I did go through 12.5mg Alprazolam in the first 3-4 days after I got rid of the Phenibut, but it's hard to say how much that really helped. It kept my anxiety at bay during the day, but it didn't really help with sleep or the hot/cold sweats at all. I've never tried Gabapentin or Pregabalin I've heard those can help immensely where benzos sort of just prolong the withdrawal (in my experience).

Phenibut can be wonderful, but like everyone who's gone through them will mention, the withdrawals are no joke. Take a look at pinpoint's thread on Phenibut if you haven't already. It offered me some solace when I was in withdrawal, so perhaps it'd help you too. Good luck and keep it up!

I just took 550mg right now, I'm going to wait about 5 hours and take the other 500mg. Maybe that'll help me sleep tonight. But yeah I know I'm in for a rough time, I've been on this shit for like 8 months. I practically begged the doctors for gabapentin. Like I said, they gave me fucking vistaril lol I know I can order it online but idk, I've already spent so much money stocking up on kava and benzos lol. This whole situation is really fucking my mind up. Sometimes I want to jump off cold turkey but I know it'd be complete hell.

Ya, not my forte either, got it as a benzo replacement, and it worked for anxiety then just made me tired/foggy headed after a couple weeks...I ran outta benzo's went into rebound anxiety and ordered a 100 gram tub of it, I only took 1-1500mg for about two weeks, sometimes I would take two grams, the positive effects went away VERY quickly(the long duration of it I suppose.) Now after having benzo's since the 6th of this month(35 1mg xanax, 5 2mg xanax, and 50 something 1mg klonopin) I'm down to 10 klonopin. Would take phenibut to help with rebound but read about the lowering the siezure threshold. I haven't even been 'craving' benzo's for a buzz or anything, past few days I've just been taking 1.5mg before work thats it. Before that, like 6-10mg a day, then add the xanax. Wasn't gonna take any tonight besides the 1.5mg I had before work, but read the benzo's and munchie thread and crushed up 4mg and held under tounge, and put 4mg of Sub up my bum. (been trying to stick to 4mg of Sub a day, which is super easy and taking more doesn't add to a high or anything but does add more of a feeling I guese...trying to get down to 2mg of Sub, so I really need to start sticking with my 4mg a day. My goal is by June to be at 3mg plugged a day, maybe just go fast and go ahead and get to 2.5/3mg a day plugged...It gets to be a pain though(lol) so I have been thinking about doing the alchol solution, as it has the most bioavailbity after IV.

Edit: I do think Phenibut is fun on special occasions, like once or twice a week as the bottle/tub says. I despise alchohol and it makes a great social lubribcant with euphoria if used sparingly, like twice a week at most...

What I did to kick my 2000mg 3xday for 1yr habit was buy 100mg of etizolam and take 1-2mg 2xday and 3mg at night for a week w/ no phenibut taken for that week then simply stopped dosing etizolam; except for a half dozen times in the next week when I had difficulty getting to sleep. I also got the doctor to prescribe me kapfe (clonidine) which was given without even hesitating even though I have no medical history of add. Havent touched phenibut since and there was no physical dependancy associated with the etizolam dosing.

I have 5 2mg kpins and 3 2mg Xanax bars on hand. I've been wondering if I should just jump off and take the benzos like you're describing. I don't know if my stash is enough to make it a week though. I also have a half pound of kava.

I would continue the tapering with Phenibut and use the benzos to help with sleep. Phenibut binds to the GABA-B and possibly GABA-A at higher doses. Xanax, kpins, and to a lesser degree Kava, bind to the GABA-A receptor. I doubt very much that Kava will be of any help though. Baclofen would definitely help if you can get a hold of it. I've gone through the Phenibut withdraw and tapper process twice in my life so I know what your going through. A long and slow taper will be the most comfortable solution.

I'm surprised I only saw one recommendation for it, considering how freaking helpful it was for me... gabapentin. Take it for a week, then you're done. You'll sleep, maybe transient anxiety, and the blah feeling remains, but no long taper feeling like shit every day... 2g a day is easily controlled by gaba. Ask your doc, he'll have between zero and no problem prescribing.

I'm surprised I only saw one recommendation for it, considering how freaking helpful it was for me... gabapentin. Take it for a week, then you're done. You'll sleep, maybe transient anxiety, and the blah feeling remains, but no long taper feeling like shit every day... 2g a day is easily controlled by gaba. Ask your doc, he'll have between zero and no problem prescribing.
How much gabapentin should you take to help with sleep during phenibut withdrawals?

I Agree that is the better option compared to benzo use strategy; that or Lyrica which is stronger both dice wise as well as the psychoactive effects. All I could get were rc benzos so that what I used and it worked too. My doctor gave me baclofen when i told him my doctor which just acts like suboxone in which it keepswithdrawal awat but is harder to quit when your sick of that. so I never took it bc Wanted off these gaba-b's.

How much gabapentin should you take to help with sleep during phenibut withdrawals?

Well id start with 1800-2400mg my buddy's were 600mg and at that dose it help my stimulant anxiety pretty well. Now for wd idk

Honestly, and im not exactly sure why this is, but 300 mg in the morning and 300 at like 4 is all you really need. If you have more, use it, but this is enough to stop pretty much all the shitty feelings. I got a ton and popped one every time i felt anxiety. This is by far the best solution, it's like gaba was made for it. Best way to use it is as outlined above, 5-6 days later you're done and barely felt it. Transient anxiety and mild depression may still be present. Best of luck friend.

Gabapentin!! You are at the prime doseage IMO for a hop on the gabapentin train. I tapered down to somewhere in the 1.5 - 2g range from 5g daily. When I got that low, I started taking gabapentin(not a controlled substance, can be found easily) probably 1200-1500mg first day. Maybe 900-1200 next day. Stayed on it for a few days, maybe 4 or 5. I still felt off but I was no where near what I would have been if I stopped phenibut cold turkey.

Good luck man just remember the mind fuck phenibut WD gives you will pass.

Wait...it's not controlled? Wish I knew that several weeks ago. Maybe I could use it when I finish tapering off of etizolam . on .25mg daily atm but it's a little rough.