• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Tapering Off Opiates With Lopermide

Roachmon95

Bluelighter
So I screwed up bad and went on a two week binge. Up unto this point I've been clean from pain pills (Besides Kratom use maybe once or twice a month) for 9 months. Before I tell you my current situation I'll give you a little background info:

I started using opiates in early 2014. Most of my use involved Tramadol, Kratom, and Hydrocodone. But I would take any opiate I could get my hands on. I toyed around for a whole year before showing any significant signs of physical addiction. I dealt withdrawals in one form or another after this point, but they were never agonizing per se. I was miserable but I still went to work, school etc. In June of 2015 I decided to get clean and check myself into rehab. At that point I was but on 16mg of Suboxone per day. looking back, this was unnecessary and I think the treatment center I went to was making money off of it because they were handing the stuff out like candy. I stayed on the Subs for a month and half followed by another month of tapering and a withdrawal that was worse than those I was abusing. I eventually got myself together and managed to stay out of trouble for the most part.

Fast forward to today. I've been on a two week bender consisting of mostly kratom and oxycodone (a drug I never messed around with in the past). My use has gone from 25-30 mg a dose to 50mg a dose and I've used up to 80mg in a day on top of kratom. In other words, My tolerance has skyrocketed in an extremely short amount of time. It almost amazes me. It wasn't this high when I went into rehab.

So i'm hoping I can taper off using Lopermide. Has anyone here successfully come off a serious habit this way? If so what did your schedule look like? I also have Benzos (though I have a slight tolerance because i'm prescribed them everyday), DXM, Diphenhydramine, Phenibut, and Naproxen. Are there any other medication I could take that would help? How should I use them?

I'm Honestly just really scared because I don't want to do this all over again. I've never gone through the Horrendous withdrawal I've read about and I feel like its headed my way based on my usage. I've done something extremely irresponsible at a point in my life when I have a lot of responsibilities. All guidance on what to do and support would be appreciated. Due to my circumstances, I can't confide my relapse in anyone. Thanks in advance.

Honestly just use Kratom to taper or cold turkey.... The first three to five days will be worst, but more likely three while a week or two will feel like a cold or flu. Lope is very likely to make things worse... Just use it at recommended doses for the runs at worst. If you are planning on lope you might as well do a methadone or suboxone taper, which would likely make things worse.

I just took 2.5 hydrocodone/ apap 5/100 mg like 40 minutes ago and I'm not feeling anything what's up?