• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs Tapering off Mephedrone

Thompson_549

Greenlighter
Hello all,

so, I did a big mistake. From using Mephedrone only on the weekends, I've started it using on the weekdays. Right now I mainly used it for around 4 days, around 750mg - 1g each day, then taking a break of around 4-7 days. This has been around a month or 1.5

Now after my latest binge, the first day after it, I still felt fine pretty much, just tired. It's the day after that, where I feel like complete shit (well, I should, tbh). Vision completely distorted, black dots everywhere, 100% exhausted, can't focus or do anything for that matter.

Now - before I fry my brain completely - should I taper off, switch to a different drug for the time being, or try to withdraw with the aid of Benzos?
I also have a variety of supps, 5HTP, NALT, Magnesium, etc.

What would be my best bet while still staying functional for work? We have a big project at work so I have to stay functional for atleast 4 more weeks before I can take some time to recover.

Thank you,

There shouldn't be any dependency from 4mmc. It's just a come down, possibly a LTC (long term comedown). Take benzos for a week at most, take your supplements, get some exercise, and pray to your God that it doesn't take 3 years to get better like it did for me.

There shouldn't be any dependency from 4mmc. It's just a come down, possibly a LTC (long term comedown). Take benzos for a week at most, take your supplements, get some exercise, and pray to your God that it doesn't take 3 years to get better like it did for me.
Yeah, there is no dependency (thank god). But a really brutal come down.
So would you suggest continue to use it for around 4 weeks, then start with benzos?

And, you did Mephedrone for 3 years straight? With small breaks or? What was your heaviest binge like? Like how many days in a row and do you have any long-term damage that you can notice? I'm genuinely curious.

But, I can totally understand how one gets into this stuff for so long. It's crazy.

Yeah, there is no dependency (thank god). But a really brutal come down.
So would you suggest continue to use it for around 4 weeks, then start with benzos?

And, you did Mephedrone for 3 years straight? With small breaks or? What was your heaviest binge like? Like how many days in a row and do you have any long-term damage that you can notice? I'm genuinely curious.

But, I can totally understand how one gets into this stuff for so long. It's crazy.
No, I absolutely recommend stopping using it immediately, at least on a daily basis. My binges were very heavy, going through an oz in a week with friends (often bombing 500-800mg compulsively for days on end)

I may have some long term issues from it now a decade later, but its hard to say as my drug abuse didn't end with mephedrone and there's a lot more compounding my situation. Id say not, because I had many many more years of normalcy before I fucked my self up that bad again.

No, I did not do it for 3 years straight. I spent a few years using it sometimes every other day, or a week in a row and then a break, on and off, often weeks in between sessions. Never daily, except for long binges.

It did take 3 years for my final come down to go away and start to feel normal. I remember suffering hardcore many many months after stopping.

If you really cant function sober, yeah, id find a safer drug.

Just to chime in here, can we not belittle psychological addiction? Mephedrone causes dependency, just not physiologically speaking.
Methamphetamine has no physically addictive properties but i think anyone would agree the psychological withdrawals can be both mentally and physically intense

Speaking as an ex IV mephedrone addict for multiple years, take advantage of the fact that the withdrawals are mainly going to be psychological in nature (anxiety, depression, shakes, insomnia etc). These can be tackled fairly easily with some light benzo use. Get into a regular sleep pattern, make sure you are eating correctly.

Again as above you are not physiologically dependent so tapering is not likely to do you much good. Stop taking it, get through the comedown and then manage the psychological symptoms for the first week or so while they are at their most severe. After that its just a case of saying no and keeping busy dude

Just to chime in here, can we not belittle psychological addiction? Mephedrone causes dependency, just not physiologically speaking.
Methamphetamine has no physically addictive properties but i think anyone would agree the psychological withdrawals can be both mentally and physically intense

Speaking as an ex IV mephedrone addict for multiple years, take advantage of the fact that the withdrawals are mainly going to be psychological in nature (anxiety, depression, shakes, insomnia etc). These can be tackled fairly easily with some light benzo use. Get into a regular sleep pattern, make sure you are eating correctly.

Again as above you are not physiologically dependent so tapering is not likely to do you much good. Stop taking it, get through the comedown and then manage the psychological symptoms for the first week or so while they are at their most severe. After that its just a case of saying no and keeping busy dude
Sorry to be pedantic here, but does addiction with no physical component qualify as dependency?

People are still making meph? I'd think this guy got 3mmc or something else but I havdnt looked for it in forever.

Sorry to be pedantic here, but does addiction with no physical component qualify as dependency?
Tbh maybe my technical understanding is lacking here but I would classify psychological dependency to the extent where you are experiencing real withdrawal symptoms as dependency. Even if you're not technically sitting ina pile of your own vomit. Especially as some of these symptoms are caused by neurological downregulation of certain receptors.

People are still making meph? I'd think this guy got 3mmc or something else but I havdnt looked for it in forever.
Much of my own addiction was actually facilitated by a pretty active black market of mephedrone so would say its not out of the question

At least here in the UK it was popular enough to "graduate" to becoming a street drug

Yeah, im a little hazy myself, I dont know if its very well defined. Like, ive never had a physical dependency on anything, or been a daily user longer than a few weeks, but after 15 years of abusing all kinds of different drugs cyclically I seem to be having WD symptoms that have gotten a little better but also sort of PAWS

Yeah, im a little hazy myself, I dont know if its very well defined. Like, ive never had a physical dependency on anything, or been a daily user longer than a few weeks, but after 15 years of abusing all kinds of different drugs cyclically I seem to be having WD symptoms that have gotten a little better but also sort of PAWS
PAWS? haha sorry am not great with acronyms

I've been through pretty bad physical withdrawal from alcohol. I was drinking literally from the moment I woke up right through till I fell asleep every day for a couple of years. WD were bloody horrible. Thankfully never got to the DT/seizure stage but was still tough af.

Have withdrawn from a pretty regular codeine habit too which was unpleasant but not too bad (wasnt really doing it all day every day type of thing)

Have kicked both IV mephedrone and IV amphetamine sulphate habits which were probably the hardest despite the lack of real physical "dependency"

Thank you so much for your information.
My plan right now is probably to stop using 4MMC / Meph and switch for the first week to Diazepam + Amphetamine / Speed. Then, when the busy phase is over, stop with the Amphetamine.
I actually considered using it every day for a few weeks, that's a terrible idea. Thankfully you guys changed my mind.

Even though in some other threads here I read some guys used it for a YEAR straight every day and they said they just had a brutal comedown and nothing else. Hard to believe.

And yeah, you can get your hands on Mephedrone these days. I can't compare quality to pre-ban, but it's snow-white and flakey, under light it shimmers like crystals. However there is also a green/grey batch going around that stinks to HELL - effects were also there, but yeah, something had to be wrong about it. The white stuff doesn't smell nearly as bad as that.

PAWS? haha sorry am not great with acronyms

I've been through pretty bad physical withdrawal from alcohol. I was drinking literally from the moment I woke up right through till I fell asleep every day for a couple of years. WD were bloody horrible. Thankfully never got to the DT/seizure stage but was still tough af.

Have withdrawn from a pretty regular codeine habit too which was unpleasant but not too bad (wasnt really doing it all day every day type of thing)

Have kicked both IV mephedrone and IV amphetamine sulphate habits which were probably the hardest despite the lack of real physical "dependency"
PAWS stands for post acute withdrawal symptoms, so when the main phase of acute withdrawals are over, a longer phase of, let's say "chronic", withdrawals kick in. Can be really really bad to deal with them.

PAWS stands for post acute withdrawal symptoms, so when the main phase of acute withdrawals are over, a longer phase of, let's say "chronic", withdrawals kick in. Can be really really bad to deal with them.
Ah ok thank you for clarifying
Please do not replace with amphetamine sulphate, do not change for a similar (ish) crutch. I find treating symptoms (ie using benzos for anxiety or insomnia) useful. But replacing one stim with another is a bad idea when you're trying to learn to live without a stimulant

Additionally can vouch for some good post ban meph being at least 90% as good as pre ban