• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Tapering off clozaril

reb38

Bluelighter
Anyone have experiences with clozaril? Is it possible to taper off without mania or being super miserable?

Aha. By reducing your anti-psychotics you risk an eventual return to the full severity of psychosis, episodes in one word, so the table will be somewhere between 50-50. ***Mod edit - don't advise anyone to start or stop a medication***

In the end I think you will be prescribed to some diazepam

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd start with asking why you want to come off of it. It's a very versatile and effective drug...not even for just psychotic illness.

Its great your trying to learn about your medication. But, id be careful. Dont f*ck around with it. This is the type of drug you really need a doctor to manage. The good is it may be more effective especially in severe illness that is treatment resistant. However, it can have serious side effects and if your illness is serious enough to warrant this you really might be unable to determine due to psychosis delusions ect. If its good or bad. Therefore, id recommend seeing a therapist too. So you can have someone to talk to about what your thinking and why

Its great your trying to learn about your medication. But, id be careful. Dont f*ck around with it. This is the type of drug you really need a doctor to manage. The good is it may be more effective especially in severe illness that is treatment resistant. However, it can have serious side effects and if your illness is serious enough to warrant this you really might be unable to determine due to psychosis delusions ect. If its good or bad. Therefore, id recommend seeing a therapist too. So you can have someone to talk to about what your thinking and why
Will I be in risk for diabetes?

I actually found it to be pleasurable, unlike high doses of other antipsychotics. It's super valuable to have in the doctor's arsenal.

I mean it might increase your risk of diabetes. I really dont know. But, so does this lemonade im drinking right now and it has no medical benefit. I take alot of drugs with potentially serious side effects. However, you have to look at the risk benefit ratios. For example I believe i would of likely successfully killed myself by now if i wasnt stabilized on meds. I get regular blood work and check up with my doctor.