• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids taper plan advice

xivixive

Bluelighter
sorry for the little rant here, 10mgs of amphetamine and 2700mg of gabapentin has me typing like crazy...

i used opiates almost everyday for almost 10 years. ecp heroin, oxycodone, oxymorphone, dilaudid, hydrocodone, strong poppy seed tea.... finally wanted help getting off so i went to a dr. for suboxone program. it was about 30 hours since i made my last heavy batch of poppy seed tea - 3lbs worth, so strong it still showed up in my piss about 90 hours later (though i didnt feel high from it at all - which is why i want off this merri-go-round).... anyway, by the time the doc gave me the 8mg sub i was sweating & shaking, not full blown agony but bad enough. i take the 8mg sub and 2 hours later feel normal - no sweating, no shitting, no vomitting, no shakes.... but also NO buzz at all. none. i was just amazed i wasn't sick. that in itself i found amazing. but kinda bummed there was no buzz at all. that leaves me restless, and thinking... so i thought "maybe i'll feel better then just ok if i take 12mg's of sub" - but again no high at all, and to my surprise no noticable difference from 8mg. took 4mg the next day. no noticable difference from the 12mg. still not sick. still no high. took the prescribed dosage of 8mg a day for about a week. so now i am trying to taper of the suboxone. i dont want to be physically dependant on anything and i think i can do this. after 10 years ive learned my lesson - i dont ever want to be taking opiates everyday and feeling no buzz. addiction sucks... which includes suboxone. i think i have been on it for a short enough period where it acted like an aid to get through the withdrawal from the huge amount of opiates i was taking. doe that sound logical? i am going to try to get off the subs as soon as possible. i didn't take any sub yet today and feel fine. last dose was 4mg over 30 hours ago. i am going to wait until i feel shitty then take 2mg. i plan on taking no more then 2mg and only when i need it. part of me wants to take no opiates or suboxone at all. mentally i feel like since i havent been high or sick in 2 weeks i am thinking i can finally get off all this shit once and for all. i hope this is not a mental illusion.

anyone think that this plan is just prolonging the inevitable - horrendously ill in w/d for days - or is there any advice for helping me get off opiates totally using what meds i have in a taper plan? i have about 32mgs of suboxone left, a ton of clonidine, immodium, hydroxyzine, gabapentin. is taking the suboxone only when i need it a bad plan? or should i take it everyday in incremently smaller doses at the same time every day? or am i ok just taking small pieces when i need it and eventually - hopefully -wont need it at all one day?

If you aren't feeling sick, don't take any suboxone... What was your tolerance like? How much were you taking daily?

Suboxone has a long half-life (about 24-48 hours) so a dose will carry over into the next day or two. It sounds like you started at way too high a suboxone dose, and you REALLY shouldn't be chasing a high on it. Use it as it is meant to be used, as having any opiate tolerance takes most all of the recreational value out of suboxone.

I would wait until you start feeling early stage withdrawals and then take a small dose. I have no idea what your tolerance is like so I have no way to say what a small dose should be for you. Start at 1-2mg and if that doesn't get rid of the withdrawals after a couple hours, take a little more.

If you can tell me what your daily opiate intake was I can provide better suggestions, such as dosage and a timeline for your taper.

Also, taking adderall while going through withdrawals is a bad idea - the comedown and stimulation make withdrawals much more uncomfortable. This is especially true while you are using suboxone to withdrawal as the comedown from the adderall can easily be mistaken for withdrawal symptoms and prompt you to take more sub when you don't actually need it.

Last edited:
hi will...

i agree the starting sub dose shouldve been 4mgs. i wouldve felt pertty shitty but i think the 8mg was unnecessary since i can take 4mg and it feels the same to me. im not chasing any high from the subs, i experimented once and found it to be a waste. 16mgs felt the same as 4mgs... weird...

the reason for the amphetamine is i have been totally fatigued since i started the sub. today it was unbearable. i had to get up and function... thankfully i didnt feel any come down off it cause i drank several beers throughout the day.

as for my daily opiate intake... i would make a batch of poppy seed tea every morning with a lil over 1lb of seeds. sometimes 2 or 3 batches a day. i equate a batch to about 30mgs oxycodone. when i had dope id do 10 bags a day. if i have oxycodone 40mgs will get me well but if i have em i take em - over 100mgs and i'll barely feel it. dillys ill sniff up 20mgs...maybe 30...i prefer to do 60mg's of oxymorphone it is just so expensive.