• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Tapentadol.

Phoenix_rising

Bluelighter
As everyone knows who reads my posts i love opioids,they are my DOC,and as a user and those who use themselves know that it`s a double edged sword,you love it if you know you can get it and not worry about not ever having it again.
I believe,if you can function using it,not hurt anyone,not hurt yourself and not commit crime then there dose not seem to be a problem,i say its less offensive and problematic than alcohol if used properly and not stigmatised,yes im a lobbyist of the legalisation department,where it can be given and used correctly to the best effect.
I`m now on Methadone as i wanted to get off of Buprenorphine,that shit was like having a key that did not fit the lock properly,if anything it teased me,it gave me a type of feeling of being on an opioid that was not a true opioid,it felt fake,i understand why it was made,the reason too,but for a lifer of opiates like me this wasn`t the answer.
I prefer Methadone over Buprenorphine,yes.But and it`s a big but,i have been reading about Tapentadol and to me this sounds like an opioid that fits the bill,this should be giver to opiate addicts,not Methadone or Bupe,this shit sounds like the real deal.I want to function and be part of society,do all the things society wants us to do,but with the aid of a drug like Tapentadol to help me along the way,i dont want the NHS to prop me up,i will pay my way and contribute to society,i`m no freeloader.
I`ve never had the chance to try Tapentadol,but loved Tramadol,so i believe that Tapentadol will give me that and much more.If only,if only they would prescribe me i would be their guinea pig and run trials for life,showing the establishment that it would satiate my needs and my desires,to lead a good life,with the aid of a drug that,helps in all the ways i need.

I feel ya man.
I'm also a big tapentadol fan, thought it was great.
It is a polarizing drug, but if you loved tramadol you'll love this one. It isn't and doesn't feel like a classic opiate, very much it's own flavour. An interesting opioid nonetheless.

Not sure about the laws in your country but the raw powder can be purchased online.
Can't help you find it but it is there for those who care to look.

Good luck.

im trying to talk my wife into getting her doctor into letting her try the stuff instead of or in addition to morphine and oxycodone, because it sounds like a better compromise in a lot of ways......we both hate tramadol, but it sounds like a more.....activating opioid than buprenorphine, but less so than oxy or morphine. its something im very interested in.

Last edited:
My PM doc asked me if I had tried this one which I have not and I didn't ask for it cos I don't know anything about it, I'm currently prescribed oxycodone/contin, which apart from the usual down side with opiates like tolerance, it is an excellent stimulating painkiller for me.

So how does Tapentadol compare? Is anyone here currently using this drug? Would love to read some feedback on this.

I HATED Tapentadol!! 100mg tablets roughly equivalent to 10mg oxy. I think 150mgs is as high as they come. They're mixed with nasty Noradrenalin though, marketed for neuropathic pain.

Perhaps If you're on a very low dose of a maintenance med you could switch, but the scary disassociation qualities when abused null & void any opiate feeling.

I trialled it until I was vomiting blood for a week & my doctors, with my health & wishes in mind said enough.

Even if I was in opi withdrawl I'd never touch that nasty stuff again.

Unless you're on 10mg oxy twice a day, with nerve pain, I see no place for this med .

Rtp

^Thanks RTP, thats enough for me, i wont even bother exploring the drug. Thanks again chicky you've saved me from a horrible experience, i hope you have a good pain day!