• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Tapentadol

Yes there are others but most are low potency. Tapentadol has a strange feeling then other opioids, like feeling off balance when standing up like you took a benzo plus mild Salvia like feeling, maybe kappa opioid.

Tapentadol is strange feeling I think one of its metabolites may be an nmda receptor antagonist simular to 2-MDP in structure or have notable affinity for the kappa opioid receptor as an agonist like salvia. I don't like it I took doses as high as 450mg. Not very enjoyable why such a high schedule on the Dea list schedule 2. Should be 3 or a 4.

I think o-desmethyltramadol sounds why nicer or its counterpart norm ethyl phenethyltramadol which is 10x stronger then tramadol and is more selective as a mu opioid receptor agonist, I found a patent and a research paper on it, someone on this forum made the claim that open chained opioid do not show an increase in potency if a n-phenylethylamine group is place at the tertiary nitrogen, but the patent and research paper shows otherwise. The potency was equal-potent to M1 the metabolite of tramadol
, as it would be neat to ad a beta methyl group to the cyclohexane ring structure parallel to the tertiary amine group this modification causes a 50X increase in potency in morphine when the 6 hydroxyl group is replaced by a methyl group and the congruent double bonds are hydrogenated, the methyl group in the beta position is 50X stronger, look up methyldesorphine and read the short two paragraph article on it. Well that's all I got hope someone found this interesting, maybe to technical and chemical for some but hopefully there are some some smart people on this forum that like chemistry and pharmacology.