• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Tapentadol withdrawal symptoms

Dead But Smiling

Bluelighter
I’ve been using Tapentadol pretty frequently lately and I’m most likely going to experience opioid withdrawal symptoms at some point. Are there people out there who have used and subsequently withdrew from Tapentadol who can describe what it was like?

I have used it but not long enough to develop a big tolerance so I didn't go in the bad withdrawal. but that is just because of dosages and a short period of using it every 2nd day or so. Still, when I was cut off (they were prescribed for pain) I had mild symptoms like insomnia, no motivation, tiredness, piloerection, sneezing, headache, slight depression that went away quickly. I know that there are people here who take tapentadol daily for chronic pain. I was told that it is easy to taper off of tapentadol with codeine if you are able to get codeine and to do a proper taper.

Can you tell more about the dosages you were using, and how long are you taking tapentadol? I ask so the people who have greater experience can give you some answers without questioning this very same thing.

In my experience with tapentadol adrenergic effects (and lack of them when one stops) were more of a problem than opioid ones. But that is just me with lower doses and a short period of usage. Give more info and I believe that you will get some good response(s) about your query.

I’ve been taking 400-500mg Tap daily for the last two or three weeks alongside a prescribed SNRI (Pristiq 50mg) daily, 75 mg Pregabalin twice daily, 5-6 grams of kratom six out of seven days of the week, and 1mg clonazepam every 2 or 3 days. I know those combos have the potential to be gnarly so that makes me even more curious as to how they can play into the severity of WD.

Are you quitting all of the substances you mentioned at the same time? Were you previously physically dependent on opioids?

500mg is within the therapeutic range. Not a small dose but it isn't through the roof. If you were at some point in the past dependent on opioids, and you are just stopping tapentadol, I see a case of a mild withdrawal. Mild in the grand scheme of opioids and withdrawal. I believe you could experience withdrawal similar to mine. If you are stopping all the substances then it will be messy and nobody can tell what you are going to experience.

No, I don’t plan on quitting them all at the same thing. I’ll probably have to get off the Tapentadol before the rest of them considering they’re not exactly prescribed to me and I only have a certain amount unless I order more.

Afor previous opiate tolerance, no. Just moderate (10-12 gpd) kratom use.

If you will be on all other meds/plants you mentioned then I wouldn't worry too much. If things become bad up the dose of kratom to a level where you find it comfortable for few days and then taper it down. Nobody can guarantee but with your history and the medications you have, I don't see stopping tapentadol as a big problem. Kratom will take away lots of withdrawal and you could do this pretty comfortably. Just taper, if you decide to compensate with it for tapentadol) down kratom as soon as possible to the dosages you are taking at the moment.

Yeah that’s what I was kind of thinking too. Thanks for your input. Man the day I turn 26 and lose my parent’s health insurance and get put on a generic healthcare plan where half my meds aren’t included it’s gonna be a baaaad day. 😅

I’ve been using Tapentadol pretty frequently lately and I’m most likely going to experience opioid withdrawal symptoms at some point. Are there people out there who have used and subsequently withdrew from Tapentadol who can describe what it was like?
I've just gone through 4 days of tapentadol withdrawal.
Worst was the bloody restless legs and stomach issues and body aches.
Couldn't go to work.
In the end I found a heroin baggy I had forgotten about as I prefer pharmaceuticals and I ended up injecting that to feel better as I was desperate. I would have never wanted to IV but I had no choice. I don't like smoking it and it's heroin base so the only other alternative is IV.
The relief was immediate and now I got more tapentadol so don't need to IV anything again.
I was using a mix of ketamine, amitriptyline and xanax to be able to sleep. Wasn't really helping that much but I survived long enough to get another supply of tapentadol.