• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Tapentadol sr 100mg

Jtmgee

Greenlighter
Anyone any experience with tapentadol ? Potaniaton etc . I take for chronic pain alongside codine apap and Ami ..

I've no experience with Tapentadol, only tramadol. I'm going to move this over to Other Drugs and you may get some responses. Welcome to Bluelight. :) Also, when you say Ami, do you mean ami-hydro or something different?

Dont try and potentate with dxm like you would a traditional morphine based opiate.

There are potential nasty interactions

Ami -Amitriptyline 50mg at night. 240 mg of Codeine throughout the day along with tapentadol 100mg sr morning and night. Just doesn’t keep me going all day I find the tapentadol wears off at around 6 hours which leave me another 6 sometimes the codeine do the job although not as much as it used to . The trouble of tolerance I suspect ...

Is the same doctor prescribing amitriptyline and tapentadol?

That sounds like a nasty combo because the both act on noreprinephrine transport or reuptake. I am on amitriptyline also and I used to like tapentadol but decided I would not take it anymore after I started amitryptiline because of this pharmacology

Yes it’s the same doctor . I’ve found like Brain zaps happening every now an agiain esp when stressed/tired + RLS I wonder is it related. Do you think taking them together is dangerous? :\

While the NE reuptake inhibition seems like the larger complication vs serotonin syndrome, a call to your doctor and/or pharmacist would def be prudent.

amitriptyline oral and tapentadol oral both increase affecting serotonin levels in the blood. Too much serotonin is a potentially life-threatening situation. Severe signs and symptoms include high blood pressure and increased heart rate that lead to shock.
www.rxlist.com/drug-interactions/amitriptyline-oral-and-tapentadol-oral-interaction.htm

Combination with SSRIs/SNRIs (amitriptylene), SRAs, serotonin receptor agonists may lead to potentially lethal serotonin syndrome.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tapentadol

If you take tapentadol or tramadol with a tricyclic compound (amitriptyline), you may be at risk of developing a potentially life-threatening condition called serotonin syndrome and your risk of suicide may increase.

Let your healthcare professionals (e.g. doctor or pharmacist) know that you are taking these medicines together. Contact your doctor right away if you experience easy excitability, agitation, loss of coordination, fast heartbeat, sweating, muscle spasms or seizures, or if you have any thoughts of suicide.Your healthcare professionals may already be aware of this interaction and may be monitoring you for it. Do not start, stop, or change the dosage of any medicine before checking with them first.
https://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-...rbamazepine-tapentadol-tramadol/intrtype-drug

I think it's a rather stupid combo to prescribe on your doctors part when a normal opioid would serve the same purpose. Doctor probably just wants that nucynta kickback $ or for the cute sales rep to keep coming into the office.

What is your CP condition is it IC?

Does your doc prescribe the codeine?

Last edited:
It’s few different problems had a accident and damaged my knee probably about 2 years ago ,ruptured ligaments and torn cartilage. Which in turn has had effects on my lower back Siatic nerve mainly.Have trouble sleeping etc with it also. Yes same doc precribes codeine .

I?ve taken a lot of tapentadol. One of the hardest drugs to come off of if you start to abuse it. Taper is very tough.