• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Tapentadol - New Experience - My report on a new opioid

^I tried it once and it was terrible. It did have an quasi-opioid feel to it, yet with a high level of delirium. I think the dose I took was 200mg.

^That delirium/dissociation adds an interesting edge to the high, although I've never done a deliriant or a dissociative.

Some of my most glowing opioid experiences had been taking 75mg Nucynta with a 75mg redose 2-3 hours in, with a mild tolerance, with a couple hits of weed every hour and a half. Pure bliss, apathy, gentle stimulation, and euphoria.

I still like Tramadol better, though, since I produce enough O-Des (basically Tapentadol) with my liver enzymes, and Tramadol is more stimulating and serotonin based, and lasts about twice as long.

Cool report. I've read the potency is somewhere between Oxycodone and Tramadol, with some reports suggesting it's as potent as Oxycodone. Thanks for the report, very nice.

^That delirium/dissociation adds an interesting edge to the high, although I've never done a deliriant or a dissociative.

Some of my most glowing opioid experiences had been taking 75mg Nucynta with a 75mg redose 2-3 hours in, with a mild tolerance, with a couple hits of weed every hour and a half. Pure bliss, apathy, gentle stimulation, and euphoria.

I still like Tramadol better, though, since I produce enough O-Des (basically Tapentadol) with my liver enzymes, and Tramadol is more stimulating and serotonin based, and lasts about twice as long.

Weird, I never got any effects from Tramadol except slight stimulation. It lacked any nod, and gave no fatigue or opioid like buzz.

I take 330mg of methadone so that could have something to do with it. My tolerance is massive, I don't even get a buzz from 24mg of Dilaudid, orally. I feel nothing. It's weird.

Sorry I wrote so much I'm feeling messed up, I mixed amphetamines, gabapentin (over 180grams of it) , clonazepam (2mg), lorazepam (4mg) methadone (330mg), and I'm pretty messed up lol.

Wish I had some Nucynta lol

Your more blessed than you know my friend - partly because its so easy to get tramadol. I have more tramadol than I know what to do with and it does shit for me :/.

I don't understand how anybody gets any pain relief or euphoria from tramadol. It has almost no mu agonist activity and it has weak SSRI properties. I would like to know from those of you that use and enjoy tramadol what dose you take. I had a headache a few months ago and had nothing else in the house so I took 16 50mg tablets. Got nothing. No relief, no buzz, nothing. I am seriously thinking about asking my pain doctor for a script for tapentadol but don't want it if it only works for those of you get that relief from tramadol. I'm currently on 300mg gabapentin 3x a day, 10-20mg percocet 3-4x a day, 100mg amantadine 1x a day, 7.5mg meloxicam 1x a day, 1mg clonazepam 2x a day.There also is some misinformation about this drug. Tapentadol is NOT an SSRI. It has norepinephrine uptake properties and is a mu agonist. Elsewhere I read opiods have seratonin and norepinephrine properties. They have neither. They operate on one or more of the opiod receptors and some (like buprinorphine) act as agonists and antagonists. These types of opiods have ceilings and are generally useless on severe pain but ok for slight to moderate pain.
So, anyone with severe pain that has been getting relief from tapentadol please post what previous opiod you were using and dose of tapentadol that helps.
thanks

Cool report. I've read the potency is somewhere between Oxycodone and Tramadol, with some reports suggesting it's as potent as Oxycodone. Thanks for the report, very nice.

Weird, I never got any effects from Tramadol except slight stimulation. It lacked any nod, and gave no fatigue or opioid like buzz.

I take 330mg of methadone so that could have something to do with it. My tolerance is massive, I don't even get a buzz from 24mg of Dilaudid, orally. I feel nothing. It's weird.

Sorry I wrote so much I'm feeling messed up, I mixed amphetamines, gabapentin (over 180grams of it) , clonazepam (2mg), lorazepam (4mg) methadone (330mg), and I'm pretty messed up lol.

yeah, on that dose you wont feel ANY opiate/opioid, i am on 110 and NO amount of good heroin does anything but provide a rush...its been a long time and actually i was on 150mgs the last time i did dope but methadone pretty much negates any opioid use. oh and tramadol has never done anything to me and i had a friend who actually could get well on it off of a small heroin habbit...weird.

To me 100mg tapentadol feels very similar to 50mg oral meperidine (Demerol), which is also slightly deleriant when compared with oxy. Very decent stuff for non hard-core users. It's a real deal opioid, nothing 'atypical' like Tramadol. Still uncontrolled in Canada where it is available as an RC

I slammed some Nucynta aka tapentadol before. I had been rx'd it in the past and did not really care for it. It kinda fucked with my head in an SSRI kinda way and I don't tolerate SSRIs or any anti-depressant very well.

So fast forward a year and I am really really dope sick. I had been given about 6 or so of the 100 mgs. I decided to mainline them things.

After a bit of research I realized I could just crush em and drop a cotton and water and pull up.

So I shoot this stuff. It kinda burned/tingled as I shot it but it went away after literally one second. I got a really euphoric feeling from it. It also knocked the dope sick right out of me. It was a kinda upper euphoric buzz that lasted a bit longer than oxy. I went ahead and did a few more as my opiate tolerance was sky high and well I was really dope sick.

Now I cannot stress enough how dangerous my behavior was. IV drug use is dangerous and to just pick up a large dose of a drug and start slamming it is downright stupid. So do not try this at home

But anyways I couldn't get shit from taking this drug orally, but when I injected it I felt my pain and dope sickness go away with a bit of speedy euphoria.

It was a lifesaver in the situation I was in, but I obviously shouldn't have put myself there. I know the drug has serotonin properties from what I read about it and it kinda reminded me of MDMA on a much weaker scale.

So there you have my experience with nucynta.

Its an analog of tramadol and well tramadol wouldn't have touched my dope-sickness or pain as I have tried very hard with tramadol to get relief and well I don't think it would be proper to post in a HR forum just how many I have taken at a time.

The trouble with Tramadol is it requires 0-demethylation in the liver via cytochrome p450 2D6 producing M1 (o-desmethyltramadol), which is reputed to be 6x the potency of tramadol at the mu receptor. There are numerous phenotypic expressions of the CYP 2D6 from non existent to ultra fast metabolisers which translates into a wide variation in effects for different people. I wonder what those of you that get no effect from tramadol would make of M1?

Tapentadol avoids the need for activation in the liver so in this regard is more predictable in it's effects. I'm not big fan of Oxy really and personally I enjoy the warmth/slight energy/visual distortions and find it better both as a pain killer and as a high compared to tramadol.

Can anyone advise if its safe taking these with modafinil, I've have about 400mg modafinil throughout the day.

Thanks

What reports have said it's as potent as oxy? There's no way. This comes in 50, 75 and 100mg instant release forms. This is probably 10x weaker than oxycodone.

Also, your gabapentin dose has to be wrong, 180 grams is almost 6.5oz. 18 grams maybe? That's still a ridiculous dose, but I've taken 6 grams before so 18 is not impossible. Although at that dose you're just going to shit most of it out. It has to be transported by a specific amino acid transporter and it's saturated at doses much lower.

Last edited:
Wow!!!!!! I've had some Tapentadol sitting in my cupboard for months, I was hesitant in taking it as it said.
it could kill you, on reading these reports I'll try one in the next few days.

I usually take 15-30 mg. oxycodone daily but am out. Found a tapentadol 50 mg. ER. Crushed it and snorted it. Burns a bit and nasty taste (recommend saline nose spray).
15 minutes later ears rang a little (tinnitus). My abdominal pain went from a 5 to a 1. I'd consider tapentadol a last resort but it helps a bit.
If you want a good "high" stick with traditional opoids. Some days something is better than nothing.

Oxy only lasts about 3-4 hours for me, but then again I have been taking opiates in one form or another for 8 years.

I've tried 100mg and 75mg Nucynta 100 mg worked well and leaves you feeling just as well as oxycodone 30mg. 75mg are okay but not enough for me.. It also let withdraw under control. I'm wondering if I may be able to wean myself from opioids by taking Nucynta without becoming addicted to Nucynta. I'm tired of the ups and downs from DEA and doctors threatening to not me on other meds which is why I'm on Nucynta now. But overall if your looking for that same good feeling of oxy 30mg Nucynta will get you there.

I love me some Nucynta!!! I've been on and off opiates (mainly hydrocodone) for 15 years due to RA, in addition to unremitting pain after a serious back injury and subsequent surgery to return function to my right leg.

Anyhoo, hydrocodone wasn't working for me any more. I was taking 10x10/325 Norco per day for 2 weeks of every month (supposed to take 5 per day, but 5 was worthless and mindedness insulin the whole month's supply in 2 weeks) followed by 2 weeks of kratom (10g, 2 or 3 times per day mixed in hot cocoa) until I got the next script. My rheumatologist sent me to pain management, as she couldn't prescribe anything higher than what she'd been giving me.

Pain management doc totally understood about the Norco not working any more, talked about opioid-induced hyperalgesia, and newer drugs that I could try. I'd had great success in the past with buprenorphine (BuTrans patch) but insurance decided they'd no longer cover it. He also talked about tapentadol/Nucynta. I liked the fact that it had SNRI activity in addition to mu opioid agonism. He said that tolerwnce, if it occurs in this drug, is very slow.

So, off I went with a Nucynta script in my hand for 120 Nucynta 50mg, to be taken 4 times per day as needed. He said I might have to bump that up to 5 or 6 per day, and to wait a few days in between dose changes. It was difficult finding a pharmacy that had it in stock, though! I took the first pill in the car before we even left the Walgreens parking lot. 30 minutes later I was feeling a bit nauseous and dizzy, but that was it. No pain relief. So I took another one about 3 hours later. The nausea and dizziness returned, still just very mild, and I actually started noticing the absence of pain! I also caught a good buzz. It wasn't as "fun" or as long-lasting as hydrocodone, hydromorphone, or kratom, but it was there. To make a long story short, I ended up taking 6 50mg tablets per day, and so I asked if I could do 2x100mg extended release Nucynta and two immediate release Nucynta 50mg (for breakthrough pain) per day.

6 months on Nucynta now, and it's made a world of difference. I no longer cry due to pain when I first wake up in the morning, and I no longer cry in my car on my way home after work due to pain. I'm a brewer/QC guru at a very small nanobrewery and it's a very labor intensive job. Lots of lifting, stirring (think porridge in an 80 gallon pot, with a heavy 4-foot paddle!!),mconstantly running (not walking!!!) up and down stairs, and a whole lot of general mayhem. With Nucynta, I'm able to brew, bottle, clean up, etc better amd quicker than the 20something big hulking guys who help out occasionally (I pay em in beer). I'm a tiny 47 year old girl and I have more stamina then they do now! And i no longer spend my days off in bed due to pain, passively watching the world go by. It's given me my life back.

Oh, and one more thing... 6 months after starting tapentadol, I can still catch a buzz if I take my two 50mg immediate release tablets along with naproxen, curcurmin and black pepper (they help slow down the phase 2 xenobiotic breakdown pathways in the gut and liver). I know I'm not nearly as dedicated to exploring the limits of my tolerance like some of you kids here (LOL I know, I sound like an old crone!) but it's still remarkable to !e that I am able to feel it after 6 months on the same dose.

I know it's not the right drug for everyone, but if you are suffering Fromm severe chronic pain, maybe give Nucynta or buprenorphine a try. Talk it over with your doc and pharmacist. Better living through chemistry!

I often have mild hallucinations when I take it "for fun." Some days I don't need all of my daily allotment of Nucynta, so I build up a small surplus. If I want to totally chillax, I take a larger dose than usual, along with some gluconuridation inhibitors, and just let my brain and body chill for a while. My husband finds me quietly talking amongst myself in the bedroom. I know I'm hallucinating when I'm hallucinating, so I just let it flow. I know the people I see in the shadows aren't really there, but they're still fun to chat with.

Oops, that was supposed to be in response to someone several posts up. No worries, I'll eventually figure it 9ut!