• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Tapentadol Insufflated

supersonic89

Bluelighter
I am taking Tapentadol extended release and I was wondering if insufflated would work faster and better. As many know, oral Tapentadol has a low bioavailability.

Anyway, so far using the grinding => microwaving => freezing method has somewhat worked well but I still fell it lacks something compared to an IR opioid.

Is tapentadol the same as the vet drug butorphanol? if so I never got much effect from it, probably because it was a vet formula and I had an opiate tolerance.

Is tapentadol the same as the vet drug butorphanol? if so I never got much effect from it, probably because it was a vet formula and I had an opiate tolerance.

First time I hear about Butorphanol but they are not the same. Tapentadol is a kind of Tramadol big brother (about 3x its strenght) and similar to its metabolite O-DSMT.

I think if you tolerance is high you will not feel much Tapentadol anyway, since its strenght is between Tramadol - Morphine range.

Many people hate Tapentadol for its NRI action but doesn't bother me much. I will appreaciate a little stimulation and a mild Oxy high.

I am taking Tapentadol extended release and I was wondering if insufflated would work faster and better. As many know, oral Tapentadol has a low bioavailability.

Anyway, so far using the grinding => microwaving => freezing method has somewhat worked well but I still fell it lacks something compared to an IR opioid.
What is the grinding and freezing method? What does is do ?

I haven't done it, but I'd probably avoid snorting it. The psychonaut wiki had this to say:

Tapentadol often sold under the brand name Nucynta is a synthetic opioid analgesic similar in structure to tramadol. Tapentadol has a duel mechanism of action, working on both the μ-opioid receptor and also acting as a norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor. Tapentadol is used in the management of moderate to severe pain. The subjective effects of tapentadol are similar to those of tramadol. Many users report extreme pain when trying to insuffilate tapentadol.

Would tapendadol be better than the Norspan patch does anyone know? I used to get prescribed Palexia a few years ago which is the same thing.

What is the grinding and freezing method? What does is do ?

I don't know if I can talk about it here on Bluelight. In any case, google will give you results on how to do it (the original method was for oxycodone extended release). I don't know if it's placebo but in my experience it did feel different. Any doubt write me a PM.

I haven't done it, but I'd probably avoid snorting it. The psychonaut wiki had this to say:

Tapentadol often sold under the brand name Nucynta is a synthetic opioid analgesic similar in structure to tramadol. Tapentadol has a duel mechanism of action, working on both the μ-opioid receptor and also acting as a norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor. Tapentadol is used in the management of moderate to severe pain. The subjective effects of tapentadol are similar to those of tramadol. Many users report extreme pain when trying to insuffilate tapentadol.

Excellent info. I didn't do it but I don't think it's worth it. When I was younger, I have snorted pills and the pain surpasses any high you may feel. Not to mention the annoying runny nose.

Would tapendadol be better than the Norspan patch does anyone know? I used to get prescribed Palexia a few years ago which is the same thing.

But Norspan is not buprenorphine? or I'm wrong? However, those patches are not very useful for recreational use. Although they are excellent for wd.

But Norspan is not buprenorphine? or I'm wrong? However, those patches are not very useful for recreational use. Although they are excellent for wd.
Yes it's Buprenorphine. It's all I was prescribed for a while and I still was dependent on it and had a withdrawal when I went without. I would do dodgy things like peel the plastic part off an old patch and put it in my mouth against my cheek to get a better buzz. The weird thing is also I could also have a different effect each time and it sometimes made me feel very uptight and annoyed for some reason. But still I was addicted to that feeling.

Yes it's Buprenorphine. It's all I was prescribed for a while and I still was dependent on it and had a withdrawal when I went without. I would do dodgy things like peel the plastic part off an old patch and put it in my mouth against my cheek to get a better buzz. The weird thing is also I could also have a different effect each time and it sometimes made me feel very uptight and annoyed for some reason. But still I was addicted to that feeling.

I have also chewed similar Bupe patches (called Transtec). It was a while ago and I remember my mouth was too dry, but I did not find it very euphoric, but it had a tremendous anxiolytic effect. I cut the patch into small patches/doses. One day I chewed too much and threw up like I never had before. I used it for my tramadol withdrawal and it worked great.

Apparently there is a method to extract the drug from the patch. I think you have to leave the patch in a glass of lemon juice for one night or something like that. I don't remember much but I am very curious to try this method.

Last edited:
I have also chewed similar Bupe patches (called Transtec). It was a while ago and I remember my mouth was too dry, but I did not find it very euphoric, but it had a tremendous anxiolytic effect. I cut the patch into small patches/doses. One day I chewed too much and threw up like I never had before. I used it for my tramadol withdrawal and it worked great.

Apparently there is a method to extract the drug from the patch. I think you have to leave the patch in a glass of lemon juice for one night or something like that. I don't remember much but I am very curious to try this method.
That's interesting you do that too. I wouldn't try to extract the drug and swallow it in case I take too much that way and it makes me too sick. With it in the mouth I can take it straight out if I get too nauseous. As it is though I have been off all opiates since my last dose which was Monday and no alcohol in 24 hours so it's a start at least. Just have to keep going with it.

Insulated is harsh on the nose I hear, veryyyy harsh. Did u try ?

Insulated is harsh on the nose I hear, veryyyy harsh. Did u try ?

Yeah I finally tried it and it hurts almost nothing. Maybe it's a brand thing or I don't know. The ones I tried with were Grunenthal's Tapentadol. Not only does it hit faster but I also feel that the BA must be higher since it feels much stronger than chewing it for example.