• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Taoism?

Zopiclone bandit

Bluelighter
I came across a guy yesterday called Lao Tzu & I've seen his name around in books since being a early teenager but never really looked into the guy sadly (I love Sun Tzu though)
I began to look into this guy & came upon the Chinese concept of Taoism, over the last few days I've been really learning upon Zen & NOT this "Soccer Mom, do Yoga but have NO idea about Kundalini yoga types) but Dainin Katagiri style Zen & this blew my mind, I read it's linked back to Taoism, to me it seems such a simple way to live but also to practise it one of the most hard things you can do, which in MY experience is always the case with any path of faith (If bloody Christians took note of a preacher I've spoken about several times called Leonard Ravenhill they would put their Bible down right away, go sell everything they had & go live in a cave, wearing rags, eating scraps of food & help the poor INSTEAD of feeding their own bloated ego)

Leonard Ravenhill - "God pity us that after years of writing, using mountains of paper and rivers of ink exhausting flashy terminology about the biggest revival meetings in history, we are still faced with gross corruption in every nation, as well as with the most prayerless church-age since Pentecost."

Anyone on here practise this Taoism stuff?
What brought you onto that path?
How do you practise it in daily life?
Suggest other people to check out etc........

Lao Tzu - "Manifest plainness, embrace simplicity, reduce selfishness, have few desires." <3

I'm familiar with Daoism because I practice Chinese medicine, the foundation of which is partly informed by Daoism.

I wouldn't say I'm a "practitioner" so much as the knowledge is integrated into my life and my way of seeing the world now.

The main applications are through yin/yang theory and reconciliation of duality via Wu Wei. At the end of the day, Daoism is basically saying the same thing as most other faiths.

Ah chi gong, yes. At at a lower level its nice to relax. At an upper level it can focus power (or will). I do like 30 minutes when I wake up. At night if I cannot sleep.

I feel like more people should do ''Music meditation''. Lay further back with your headphones on, a quality label and you're good to go.

Anyone is able to choose their own road with thorns and for me it was being awake in a sleepy boring world, with art school as my saviour.

Well this thread is about eastern shit man. Happy art school saved you and you like music mediation. All good things. But you have derailed the thread into yourself.

Have you checked out chi gong shady fox? Check it out for a week or two and come back and tell what you think of it,

Taoism is magic.

I had the opportunity to meet and study under a Tao master in my early 20s or something like that.

Taoism is like meditation on life put into words. It's great. Simple yet unyielding in its nature.

I feel like Taoist principles and keeping a cool head after taking 50 hits of acid go hand in hand. Relax. Surrender. Allow. The way. You can't fight it. Go with the flow. The way.

“All energy flows according to the whims of the great Magnet. What a fool I was to defy him.”
-H.S.T.

Sums up Taoism perfectly. Magnets have two poles and are a great representation of duality.

Have you checked out chi gong shady fox? Check it out for a week or two and come back and tell what you think of it,

First saw people doing it in the city while passing out info on how the Chinese state are doing really bad stuff to the people who practise it.
I personally find it really charges me up, one time I did it my eyeballs began to vibrate from all the "Chi" energy inside me, I'm quite sure if you did enough Qigong for several hours your head would explode.

First saw people doing it in the city while passing out info on how the Chinese state are doing really bad stuff to the people who practise it.
I personally find it really charges me up, one time I did it my eyeballs began to vibrate from all the "Chi" energy inside me, I'm quite sure if you did enough Qigong for several hours your head would explode.
Maybe Falun Gong

How do you practise it in daily life?
I am "familiar" with the way and it's virtue from way back... even tai-chi is not completely unknown to me (or a past me)
my contribution is to be all and nothing
to laugh while crying
lay in wait

I looked at Tai Chi but it's too complicated for me. I like stillness and cultivating energy

So the Tao is more than the laws of physics.. but the very alignment of the self integrated with nature..

If you obey the law (of nature/physics) than you follow the Tao..

Therefore I call myself a Taoist...

I began to look into this guy & came upon the Chinese concept of Taoism, over the last few days I've been really learning upon Zen & NOT this "Soccer Mom, do Yoga but have NO idea about Kundalini yoga types) but Dainin Katagiri style Zen & this blew my mind, I read it's linked back to Taoism, to me it seems such a simple way to live but also to practise it one of the most hard things you can do, which in MY experience is always the case with any path of faith (If bloody Christians took note of a preacher I've spoken about several times called Leonard Ravenhill they would put their Bible down right away, go sell everything they had & go live in a cave, wearing rags, eating scraps of food & help the poor INSTEAD of feeding their own bloated ego)
Buddhism and Taoism are really very different from each other although there has been an interfaith dialogue for some millenia.

One of my favorite quotes of all time from the Tao Te Ching:
The Master gives himself up
to whatever the moment brings. He knows that he is going to die, and he has nothing left to hold on to: no illusions in his mind,
no resistances in his body.
He doesn't think about his actions;
they flow from the core of his being.
He holds nothing back from life; therefore he is ready for death, as a man is ready for sleep after a good day's work.