• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Taking the new opana with alcohol to increase its bioavailability

served00

Bluelighter
Would this increase bioavailability? I was reading that mixing oxymorphone with alcohol (not alot, as we all know the risks of mixing opiates and alcohol) has a "70 per cent bioavailability boost". Seeing as the new ones are basically impossible to deter, which makes them alot less effective for us who are opiate tolerant, would taking the pill with a shot or two of liquor make it worthwhile?

Was just wondering if anyone had any knowledge about this and/or experience that you can share.

ya it definitely will. but oxymorphone and alcohol effects can range: anywhere from a DECREASE of 30% in some patients, up to i believe around 270% increase. so the range is quite great, i believe the avg is a 70% boost.

BE CAREFUL! I have a feeling we're gonna start seeing a lot of people munching down a couple old opanas thinking theyre wicked week and gonna drink a nunch and presto: they did way more than they should have. I used to take a shot when i did some and it made it much, much stronger. watch out.

You're playing with fire. Just eat a fatty meal before hand, or wait until someone comes up with an extraction method and use something else in the mean time

To oh roxxianne I am on 20mg opana er why did u tell him to eat a fatty meal when eating opana

fatty meals can raise the serum levels of oxymorphone up to 50%.

Alcohol w/ opana is a big no-no. Way too variable, from -30% to +270%, that's a 300% variability. Fuck that.

Exactly, I don't get why people are always trying to potentiate super potent opiates in dangerous ways with benzos, alcohol, whatnot. Why not just dose more of your DOC? Is price really that much of an object that people don't care about mixing dangerous CNS depressants due to it being more cost effective, using less opiate?

I digress. It's one thing to eat a high fat meal for a 50% boost, and completely another to throw in some xanax bars and a few shots/beers on top of something like opana.

for people without a script it likely is too costly, though that's just my experience with it.

imo, this is the kind of question that really shouldn't be asked. No decent, intelligent person will ever tell you that mixing opiates, alcohol or benzos is a good idea. If you're going to do it, then that's a decision you need to make on your own, but don't try to get people on the internet to tell you that it's okay.

bottom line, it's semi-suicidal.

exactly, it's totally contrary to HR to give that kind of advice.

Is it ok to drink alcohol (5 to 6) drinks 12 hours after taking Opana ER 20mg? I don’t want to increase the effects of the opioid and I believe the drug only lasts 12 hours. I have a low opioid tolerance. Usually 15mg of norco hasn’t me set

Ron, I assume Norco means “Hydrocodone??”

If so, they are much much weaker then Opana (Oxymorphone) please do not even consider mixing them with anything, nor taking that dose if your tolerance is at 15mg Norco.

Hi Ron & Welcome to BL :- )

If 15mg of Norco-hydrocodone has you set, then 20 mg of Opana-oxymorphone is going to be quite heavy. I don't think it will kill you or anything, but most likely it will be very unpleasant. You might be vomiting for a few of those 12 hours and zombified the rest of the time. Don't sleep on your back as vomiting on your back can be lethal if you can't wake up fast enough or have enough breath too expel it from your lungs.

So the EtOH part.. the Opana 20mg ER will last 12 hours. BUT, will still be in your blood stream and active for a good 18 hours, if not longer. I would see how you feel after the experience, but if any drowsiness remains, hold off or forget the drinking.
It will just bring back the sickness & sedation, on top of increasing the danger if you get to drinking at a good pace.

Stay Safe and maybe consider chopping that Opana in half. Even though you might speed up some of the release, it won't dose dump since the ER mechanism is polyethylene oxide based. 10 mg is a safer dose anyways.

Honestly, I feel the 15 mg is heavier for me than the Opana ER which I take orally. I’ve take. It several times and haven’t felt any really heavy effects from it. Today I’m trying it with a high fat meal before because yesterday I just took it on an empty stomach. I appreciate the advice and definitely won’t drink on it

Since the ER mechanism is polyethylene oxide based I don't think setting it in a shot glass of EtOH, eating a high fat meal, trying to grind the damn thing down, none of it.

Even when ground down, the gel just conglomerates again in your stomach. After the TIMERX system cost millions and failed, they made the stuff bulletproof. Maybe if you had DiChloromethane, Toluene and a magnetic stirrer.

It's literally futile these days after they frankensteined it.

Thanks for the reply bro. I had these G73’s laying around for a couple years, maybe why no harsh effect. I had a friend who did crush them and recoMended I only snort a quarter but I never did. I think I’ll stick to prob the purest raw opium with tea Tomm as my hydro codone withdrawals are almost gone now. I was just trying to taper off.