• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Taking suboxone after high dose tramadol

agarttha

Greenlighter
I've been trying to kick my heroin habit. About a quarter to half gram daily, IV'd, for about 7 months, preceded by something like 100 mg oxy. I've gone about 48 hours without shooting up, but I've been using large doses of tramadol to cut down on withdrawal. Around 800 mg a day. This is obviously unsafe, tho I've also been taking klonopin alongside it which hopefully minimizes the risk of seizure somewhat.

My question is, can I switch immediately to suboxone to start my taper, or will I experience precipitated withdrawal if I don't wait for the tramadol to clear out of my system and send me into H withdrawal first? Or should I try just using the tram to get past the acute H withdrawal and then use the sub to ease the transition from tram to being completely clean?

Any advice or stories of personal experience would be greatly appreciated. Opiates have basically ruined my life and I am desperate to get off of them, but I find cold turkey to just be too difficult and I always end up picking up. I'm ready to be done and possibly become a normal human beings with hopes, ambitions, relationships not built on lies, natural contentment or even happiness with the circumstances of my life, etc.

Thanks.

You need to wait for the tramadol (or better said its active metabolite) to not end up in PWD. Essentially use the COWS (clinical opiate withdrawal scale) to make sure your in withdrawals or wait until you're near puking and then use the sub starting small waiting an hour at least to see if PWD develop before dosing more.

Good luck!