• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Taking Speed/Amphetmine for ADHD

Daytripperz

Greenlighter
For most of my life I have suffered badly from ADHD. It affects me severely academically and socially. I've had to put up with it all my life and even now at age of 26 it still affects me. However after taking a pill of ritalin from a friend I found most of the symptoms disappear. He gave me a couple of doses during my exams in it was incredible, I could actually concentrate and not get constantly distracted during stuying. I got by far the best marks I've ever gotten in university because of ritalin. As a result I went to the Doctor who turned out to be one of those annoying people who clearly doesn't believe that this condition exists and wouldn't diagnose me with it. Therefore I can't get the meds I need to do well in life.

However I have been told that ritalin is basically pretty much amphetamine so would street speed/amphetamines improve my symptoms. If I was to take speed in small 5mg twice a day would there be any danger from this? Would it achieve the same effects as the ritalin.

Any help from someone knowledgeable on this subject would be appreciated :)

Edit - I live the uk so unfortunately I can't request medication as people on this thread has recommended.

Last edited:
Google is definitely your friend on this topic.

In short, it's imperative to be aware that the magical effects from amphetamine and other stimulant like methylphenidate (ritalin) will not last especially with repeated/consecutive days of using them. In theory, street amphetamine would be effective in managing the symptoms of ADHD, but obviously you have to take into account the quality of the street amphetamine which will make it hard to gauge how much you want to dose.

Also, I know this wasn't exactly what you asked, but Bluelight is not going to give you advice on how to talk to doctors, however you can always seek out a doctor who has a different outlook than the one you just saw.

For most of my life I have suffered badly from ADHD. It affects me severely academically and socially. I've had to put up with it all my life and even now at age of 26 it still affects me. However after taking a pill of ritalin from a friend I found most of the symptoms disappear. He gave me a couple of doses during my exams in it was incredible, I could actually concreate and not get constantly distracted during stuying. I got by far the best marks I've ever gotten in univesity because of ritalin. As a result I went to the Doctor who turned out to be one of those annoying people who clearly doesn't believe that this condition exists and wouldn't diagnose me with it. Therefore I can't get the meds I need to do well in life.

However I have been told that ritalin is basically pretty much amphetamine so would street speed/ampthemines improve my symptoms. If I was to take speed in small 5mg twice a day would there be any danger from this? Would it achieve the same effects as the ritalin.

Any help from someone knowledgeable on this subject would be appreciated :)

Sounds good. It's my dosage for ADHD except I use pure dextroamphetamine 5mg 3x per day every 4 hours. I built no tolerance to it after 8 years so whatever people tell you that your body will get adjusted to the effects and so on it's bullshit. They say that because they inject 100mg at a time to masturbate under a bridge, so their bodies get adjusted to THAT.

Ritalin is not the same thing as amphetamine. Amphetamine is a stronger stimulant than methylphenidate both in effects and duration.

It's also worth remembering that street "speed" is usually of variable purity and sometimes can be other chemicals than amphetamine. So it's not wise to take street amphetamine without doing quality control on it first (GC testing, melting point, etc).

Sounds good. It's my dosage for ADHD except I use pure dextroamphetamine 5mg 3x per day every 4 hours. I built no tolerance to it after 8 years so whatever people tell you that your body will get adjusted to the effects and so on it's bullshit. They say that because they inject 100mg at a time to masturbate under a bridge, so their bodies get adjusted to THAT.

Becoming tolerant to effects of amphetamines/stimulants in general is bullshit? Yeah, certain therapeutic benefits are still present with continued dosing, but to say that you don't get tolerant is not my (and many others) experience.

Becoming tolerant to effects of amphetamines/stimulants in general is bullshit? Yeah, certain therapeutic benefits are still present with continued dosing, but to say that you don't get tolerant is not my (and many others) experience.

If you dose 15mg IR of amphetamines every 4 hours forever, after skipping 3-4 nights you will become very tolerant and be able to sleep through a 15mg dose. We're talking about normal people who take a 5mg dose at 8am and another at 12pm and get quality sleep from 11:30pm to 6:30am, giving them the time to crash the previous doses close to nothing.

Ritalin is not amphetamine. If you have ADHD, and want to take medication for it talk to your doctor, and do not take speed, or meth that you get via a drug dealer.

dude, ADD meds are overprescribed. Chances are only <1% of school kids have a low dopamine problem that they need to address. With that said, the medication for this illness is very likely to change in the emerging years with better science to a less addictive drug.

Consider all this and consult your doctor, He will give you pharmaceutical grade speed, but be prepared for an addiction and becoming strung out on something that causes psychomimetic effects. It effectively causes a phenocopy of mental illness in normal people.

For god's sake, don't take street speed unless you are in a ditch and it's either that or sniffing glue.

Ritalin is not amphetamine. If you have ADHD, and want to take medication for it talk to your doctor, and do not take speed, or meth that you get via a drug dealer.

I'm on about speed not meth. I wouldn't touch meth in a million years. I have seen my doctor. He won't prescribe me anything. Unfortunately I live in the uk so the doctors here tell me what meds I need not vice versa.

Anyone who tells their doctor what to give them and has the request granted does not have a good doctor. Doctors know what's best, not patients. That's why they spent almost a decade in higher education.

Try some alternative methods. Mucuna pruiens extract with a green tea extract, with some caffeine, and some citicoline or Alpha-GPC. Maybe throw in some racetams. try alternatives before moving onto the stronger stuff. Write a journal on the condition of how your cognition was at the moment.

Warning you KSA, enough with the outbursts.

I'd definitely try alternative methods before resorting to amphetamines for ADHD. If you're still suffering, amphetamines are given out like candy these days. Be careful not to use more than you need, regardless of how much a doctor is willing to RX you, or you will have bigger problems than attention deficit, mark my words.

Warning you KSA, enough with the outbursts.

I'd definitely try alternative methods before resorting to amphetamines for ADHD. If you're still suffering, amphetamines are given out like candy these days. Be careful not to use more than you need, regardless of how much a doctor is willing to RX you, or you will have bigger problems than attention deficit, mark my words.

Honestly, I don't care if I'm banned from this forum. The valuable/knowledgeable users, I can count them on my fingers, it's you, Sekio etc. and your knowledge of drug use is somewhat similar to mine so I gain fuckall by being here. Rest of the people here are idiots who don't appreciate valuable input. I got this served to me times and times again. It's hopeless, so heck...

These two are very different things. I would say no way. getting addicted to a street drug is not the way to go. Go visit another doctor maybe he can help.

street speed, and adderall are a lot different imo. and Ritalin is alot different than adderall.

Id ask a doctor to prescribe you Ritalin, see how it goes, if it doesn't go well, try adderall.

I like adderall better but i think its more neurotoxic than Ritalin.

I know this is an old thread but someone might stumble (like I did) on it looking for the same info like OP.

No one who answered had a clue... In the UK (I live in the UK) and Europe in general ADD has to be diagnosed as a child for you to be able to get a prescription for it as an adult.
A GP isn't gonna give any adult anything as a newly diagnosed person. An adult won't get a diagnosis for it. It's just the rule.

Adderall isn't even licensed in the UK. Methylphenidate is what's generally used over here in Europe.

Best bet is to see a private doctor. On the NHS no chance to be diagnosed as an adult and be given stimulants for the condition.

Last edited: