• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Taking Lope to avoid Bupe Nausea

mike.vick

Bluelighter
Bupe causes huge nausea. Lope binds stronger than bupe in the gut I would guess.

Theoretically, if you take a lopermide would it kick the bupe off your gut opiate receptors and bind to them. Theoretically, causing the gut opiate action to be exclusively from lope, which doesn't cause nausea, instead of bupe makes you wanna puke.

Counterintuitive but conceptualizable. Thoughts?

Iirc nausea is created in your brain, not in your gut, so kicking off the bupe in your gut by lope won't do much if anything imo.

Maybe you are taking too much bupe?
How much heroin (iirc?) were you using and how much bupe are you currently taking?

I took a ton of bupe, I could do 0.5-2mg but Ive been snorting 8mg+ per day the llast couple days and was only snorting 40-50mg heroin per day

Well, 8mg is quite a hefty dose for a 40-50mg heroin habit, so I guess you feel nauseous because you take way to much bupe

Well, 8mg is quite a hefty dose for a 40-50mg heroin habit, so I guess you feel nauseous because you take way to much bupe

This. Are you using the Buprenorphine recreationally or something? I would honestly think that taking loperamide on top of Bupe would make GI issues and nausea worse if anything.

Heroin is around 2.5 times more potent than morphine, so if you're used to 50mg a day of pure heroin this would be around 125mg morphine.
Buprenorphine is around 30 times more potent than morphine, so 8mg bupe is around 240mg morphine.

Those potency numbers depend on our few variables, like ROA etc, but what I'm trying to say is that you use way too much bupe

OKAY, thanks guys, makes since. I always feel like I end up doing too much bupe.

I'm not using recreationally but I tried to on the first day and snorted 8mg and that was good for a few hours but after a couple days of ~8mg per day, I feel not euphoric at all.
I guess that is why it is for detox, it's not recreational if you chase it. (unless maybe in certain people via i.v.)
I've been nodding like hell though when I take my klonopin with it - ZERO euphoria, complete nod. Via opiate receptors, BUPE works your body a hell-of-a-lot but not your brain - which makes a large dose not seem like a lil heroin, and makes you chase it.
Does a lil kratom make you a lil high on a bupe-regimin? What about coke?- I am getting some in a few days.

One of the worst parts of bupe is not being able to get regular high from heroin after ~3days cause of the half-life - Also one of the best parts about it if you have no opiates.

Thanks guys!

At low dosages Buprenorphine doesn't seem to block kratom, IME (I'm talking about 2-3mg), I've heard some people say that it doesn't block kratom for them even at 8mg a day, though I find that hard to believe. 7-hydroxymitryganine, one of the alkaloids responsible for Kratoms' opiate effects has a very high affinity for opiate receptors as well, so I think at a high enough dosage, it can compete.

You're lucky the Bupe even makes you nod. Shit, you're lucky you can get that euphoria out of heroin as well as nodding. After ten years, the best I can do is get one of those 'cold' nods. Sucks. You can take coke on Bupe but then it kind of sucks when you crash, though if the Bupe is making you nod, I suppose you could use it to counter the comedown. However, be warned that after a couple days of sniffing 8mg of Subutext, the effects will begin to get weaker and weaker and within a week or two, you won't hardly feel shit from it.

^^^^Thanks man, yeah the heroin euphoria stopped thats why i am going off of it for a few weeks, But yeah, the bupe makes me nod any time I sit down and just dream, not euphoric tho, but I was doubling my kolonopin and taking a dramamine. Funny thing is, whenever I want to do something, I could hop up and at 'em and a go full speed t as soon as I sat down- nod city again.

It definitly doesnt give you pleasure though like heroin, just nodding nausuea and half-highs. It is SOOOO much better than not doing any opiates tho. I am getting a few tapendol and see how that helps the high. I am,as expected, excited when I get a few dollars and get half a gram of coke tho. mmmmm. Makes me actually feel something semi-nice the first few days off of heroin.

Thanks again guys!!!
Can't wait to quit benzos - been 9.5 months on the suckers.

Well 8mg sounds like quite a bit. The ceiling effect of the GOOD effects of bupe, as it were, occurs at or around 8mg.....so anything above that isn't going to make you feel any better. More fucked up? Sure, you can take bupe till the cows come home, and you'll probably get really fucked up too, I mean, you can take 32 mgs but it probably won't feel any better than 4-8mg, IME. Unless you just want to be completely fucked up and out of it, which i'm sure Suboxone could sure do....sounds like you're already somewhat fucked up on it.
IME though I can take 2-3 mg and be feeling, actually really good, but if I take 6-8mg I only notice more "side effects" I guess, and less of the positive effects...more dizziness, hypotension, sedation, and those weird nods you described...not entirely pleasurable IMO, not like opiates.

I don't think Imodium would help the nausea AT ALL. Idk for sure, but I'd say it could likely make it worse.

Theoretical isn't usually ever Practical necessarily.
I see a lot of people on BL that talk about things in theory, which just don't, wouldn't, or couldn't work out in practice.

When it comes to bupe, in my experience, as well as many others here on BL, less is more.
You can TRY to get high on bupe, but that's about all you can do!

I digress, the last time I had nausea on bupe, my tolerance was LOW, this was many years ago, but the only time I ever puked from bupe was one Halloween when i'd had (1.5mg nasal bupe) too many Starbursts (or now&laters...gotta find some of those) and was gonna do some light social-drinking and chill....but man just like ONE SHOT of whiskey....and I had to sprint for the bathroom...didn't make the toilet, but a wicker waste basket...the mix of candy, liquor, and Dr. Pepper was actually one of the most pleasant vomiting's' I've ever had, to this day.
I felt a lot better afterwards too.

But honestly, since acquiring a tolerance, Bupe causes me less nausea than even normal doses of tramadol...which on an empty stomach, on the right day...will seriously induce some vomiting. The GREAT thing about tramadol nausea IME, is that it usually doesn't happen until like 2 hours after dosing, so the active ingredient is already absorbed. A good meal always takes care of it though (but the beginning of the meal can be tricky...too fast or something and it will come RIGHT BACK UP, just as soon as you swallow).

Bupe & Tram both notorious for inducing nausea, oddly though, they mix quite well, and I think the nausea may be tolerance-related...now that I mention it though, I really don't think this combo has ever given me nausea, at least not like tramadol by itself....how about that?

Wellp, good luck Micheal, stay on the drugs, and out of the dog-fighting game...lol.

P.S. with bupe, even coming off full agonists, on the FIRST DAY I take it, I feel really good, usually. But the second day, third day...I literally feel NOTHING from it....diminishing returns apply 1000% to Subs Vs. Short acting Opioids...at least with short acting I get consistent effects practically every day.

^^^ Do you thiink adding any other drugs will do you any favors? I got kratom and tianeptine(not using this blahh) and benzos for dependence and phenibut, WEED (great mmj blunt after blunt) and I also have mdma which im not gonna do cause I hate and I just took a dose last week.

SIDE NOTe: Bragging- I live in CO and mmj centers here do "member sign-up" deals, where you sign a paper that says they can grow weed for you and that is all - I just got an ounce of some of the firest weed for $50 on member sign up special at a dispensary that also has a gas station called "nativve roots Gas & Grass" hahaha
BLunt after BLunt

f you're nodding or especially getting any euphoria from bupe you're using WAY too much. it is not meant to get you a buzz, it is only meant to get you well, if you're taking enough to "feel" something off of it then you are not using it as intended and simply switching from one addiction to another.

^ This too.

But shit dude, honestly if you live in Colorada, and you respond well to weed (i.e. mostly positive effects, no anxiety or paranoia or the like), I'd say toke up.
If I lived there I would; Take minimum amount of what i'm dependent on to get through the day (so think Minimum effective dose of each Subs, and whichever Benzo you depend on), and I'd score a good amount of that bomb-ass kush dirt cheap like ya'll get it.
I would try to get about 2 oz of at least 4 diff strains, and shit, i'd be tokin' like I did back in high school forreal.

We don't have legal weed here, so keeping a steady supply for cheap is difficult to impossible....

AHHH the bupe nauseua- went away when I stopped dosing so high. the difference b/w 1-2mg and 12mg of bupe is negligible in terms of opiation