• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Taking L-DOPA and Amphetamines??

Phase0)))

Bluelighter
Hello,

I am wondering if there is any info or people with knowledge about taking L-DOPA whilst under the influence of amphetamines or methamphetamine?

I am taking specifically Adderall XR.

I would try to make a guess that there would be more dopamine in a short time so you could redose on it with almost or at least much more noticaebably effects. So basically my pseudo-chemist smart aleck but probably wrong guess would be that more dopamine = you can bring back your high, esepcially if you redose with like 5 ot 6 hours, or make the existing one stronger. Also relieve the comedown.

But I haven't found anything about taking together as opposed for the comedown. I used the search don't worry. Anyone know? Much appreciated.

Also I wish to include if any of it applies to methamphetamine also.

Thank you.

very very bad idea. if you're taking adderall on the same day that you take an l-dopa supplement you're going to cause excess dopamine to be produced, and you're going to suffer a whole host and variety of horrible side effects that you really don't want. l-dopa / l-tyrosine is a great supplement to use on days off of amphetamines as it helps replenish lost dopamine stores, however when you're using amphetamines it's a real bad idea.

God fucking dammit. I spent almost 40 minutes writing an article and waiting for a response here, and only seconds ago took one of the L DOPA pills because I assumed it had a good effect.

Like what specifically is bad? Bad enough to make me puke it out? Should I? Only took 1 cap with 120mg of L DOPA in it

EDIT: Okay well I need to make a decision quick so I guess I'll be puking this out. Fuuuck. I hate puking on uppers :(

Last edited:
very very bad idea. if you're taking adderall on the same day that you take an l-dopa supplement you're going to cause excess dopamine to be produced, and you're going to suffer a whole host and variety of horrible side effects that you really don't want. l-dopa / l-tyrosine is a great supplement to use on days off of amphetamines as it helps replenish lost dopamine stores, however when you're using amphetamines it's a real bad idea.

It's really more about sensitization and desensitization of the DA receptors. The replenishment is theoretically sound but never plays out in real life.

Well I only took one, but am too high to make myself puke. And I haven't eaten anything for a good while; my stomache is def empty.

Can I expect to start getting depressed or something?
Is it okay to do more adderall?

Or is it more of a physical danger?

It's probably already dissolved honestly so no turning back.

Only took 120mg though <-- 120mg of L DOPA, that is

Don't talk yourself into unnecessary anxiety.
What's done is done, just be glad it was only 120mg.

So that is one positive thing you got out of this, you don't have to be posting a "I just took 750mg of L Dopa with my Adderall" thread in the future.

Yeah it's only a low dose of the stuff, you're fine. It won't make it more unpleasant as there's not much going through. Enjoy your high and learn from this to not take it with it.

OP you should take this as a warning for the future as pharmacology isnt really a laymans disipline. excess dopamine can cause a number of nasty side effects including uncoordinated muscle movement , lowing of inhibition leading to risk taking behaviour including redosing, heart issues such as arrythmias and tachycardia and in extreme case psychosis. In future it might be safer not to mess around with parkinsons drugs as potentiators. Still, whats done is done so good luck. :-D

I have taken, L-dopa in combination with Adderall, hoping to enhance the effects of my Adderall. However I felt no difference.

Both L-DOPA and amphetamines are neurotoxic by themselves. L-DOPA is probably worse. The insane amount of dopamine released from amphetamines is neurotoxic as the excessive catecholamine is metabolized into quinones (I'm almost certain about this, may be slightly off). In Parkinson's patients, L-DOPA eventually leads to dyskinesia, it doesn't at all help the disease, it only treats symptoms. Just stick to Adderall, and take L-Tyrosine or DL-Phenylalanine. Look up potentiators of amphetamines. You'll find antacids to help absorption.

Sorry if any of this may be incorrect, I'm really tired and rusty on this subject. Please, please, please don't take my post for fact, research L-DOPA on PubMed. Anyways, good luck and stay safe OP.

Revive and Bump
(If it makes any difference)

I have depleted my dopamine. When I take my prescription, either as written for in high doses (150-200mg), I feel nothing but the crappy levoamphetamine and increased concentration, maybe. But without it, I am practically catatonic. This leaves me in a strange position, a catch-22: Stop the amphetamine usage (with the help of Phenibut) and possibly lose my job due to lack of all energy, interest and motivation. Or continue with the amphetamine usage as an anti-depressant, but this will backfire, for with my tolerance, I'm getting to psychosis levels. This is why I am on this particular post:

Aside from nutrition and sleep, L-DOPA seems like something that can help me return to a somewhat normal state quicker than the months long amph withdrawals. Along with nootropics like Phenibut (I'm not going to bother with Rx nootropics; my doctor is set on our regiment) to help heal the brain quicker than a cold-turkey w/d.

That being said, it seems from the posts above, L-DOPA should be taken on its own, and not with Adderall. So I have to get off, first. But does anyone know how well it works for Neurotransmitter recovery? Aside from this, Phenibut is the second option. I can avoid the tolerance, I hope, but being a recovering heroin addict (1+years clean), the w/ds of Phenibut don't really worry me too much (as long as it isn't the same as a benzo, where death can be a terrible side-effect)

Back on topic: Is L-DOPA something I should consider, after I stop taking all amphs, to help heal the depletion of dopamine? Or am I using wishful thinking that there is a way aside from the month(s)+ long healing process of pure lethargy.