• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Taking high recreational doses benzodiazepines

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this is a guy that would actually have the bad sense to take 28mgs of Klonopin and you are telling him he should try barbiturates??

Somehow I don't think that's EXACTLY the kind of HR message this place is looking for lol...

Yes. If he tried barbiturates, he would not require such excessive amounts to get high as he apparently does for clonazepam.

It would be harmful advice if I had suggested he combine barbiturates and benzodiazepines (because they affect ion channels such that one drastically increases their likelihood of overdose—one drug protracts the interval of time the channel remains open (barbiturates) and the other strengthens the effect and increases the frequency the channel opens (benzodiazepines), insofar as I understand it).

However, barbiturates alone aren't exceeding difficult to use rationally, judiciously, and with temperance.

Everybody seems to advise against barbiturates and some go so far as to remove comments that may be construed as endorsing their use.

Meanwhile, we are allowed to freely discuss IVing combinations of heroin and methamphetamine, as if the risks and potential for harm is less, when it is most likely substantially higher.

Not even wrong.

Clonazepam's LD50 in mice is 4,000 mg/kg and 2,000 mg/kg for rabbits. And while humans are not mice nor rabbits, I would be skeptical of any substantial deviation in LD50 for humans.

Using the LD50 of rabbits, we can easily calculate the lethal dose for a 140 lb man (like me) thusly:

(140 lb/2.204 kg) × 2000 mg
= 63.503 × 2,000 mg
= 127,006 mg clonazepam.

Now, would you agree that 28 of something is substantially fewer than 127,006 or are you both ill-informed and bad at preschool arithmetic?

Yeah you're probably right. I probably left out all of the zombies in the world who don't even know the definition of the word retarded.

75 mg Clonazepam? Wow. Yesterday after i took 30mg Clonazepam i felt an euphoric feeling but later i wanted to sleep. Now i'm still feeling the 30 mg Clonazepam from yesterday.

How did you feel when you took the 75mg clonazepam?

I was talking about CLONOZOLAM. A different chemical, 2-3x STRONGER than Klonopin. My tolerance is just so absurdly high I don't know what to do at this point. Yesterday I must have taken over 100mg of DICLAZEPAM (not DIAZEPAM - VALIUM) which is about 10x as strong as valium.

I am so fucked, but I just keep stacking bottles, trying to reduce as ssslowly as I can, but that is seemingly becoming more unrealistic as the days go by :(

"recreational doses of benzodiazepines"? Seems like an oxymoron.

Ain't nothing recreational or smart about abusing benzodiazepines trying to get a high out of them they simply do not provide, so people get so KO'd that they don't even realize that they're getting nothing in return for their idiocy.

Benzodiazepines are tools, not toys.

$0.02

Agreed with tricomb, they are tools.

Some use them because they cannot leave their house from fear.

Some use them to potentiate their drug of choice.

Some use them to come down from other stimulant drugs.

Don't abuse them, use them!

Damn, i took 24 mg on my way to jail many years ago. I was the fucking jailhouse clown for a day or so, slept for another three, then proceeded to hallucinate the walls breathing and growing hair, witnessed phantom lights and had all manner of auditory corruption. If i slept 2 hours a night felt healthy. It was pretty terrible, but i had been warned that i would be put in isolation if They knew i was detoxing, so i kept my mouth shut. Once i woke up from the three day nap a dude detoxing from hydromorphone approached me and we looked out for each others health, had me on seizure watch lol. At that point i had been taking clonnies for 5ish years and had been prescribed 6mg a day for nearly two. It was a fucking i mess. Of course the day i got released i promptly got fucking loaded and totalled my truck on the way home. That whole summer was a hell of a learning experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.