• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Taking Benzos During A Prolonged Benzo Withdrawal?

Zapgunn

Bluelighter
So I have been going through benzo withdrawal for the last 3 weeks. I was institutionalized and taken off a high dose of xanax and valium cold turkey. Ever since then I have been miserable, not sleeping, and having all sorts of other symptoms. It doesnt seem to be getting much better.

Im going to go to treatment in 2 days, and I have to be around friends and family these next 2 days. I found a few xanax and was thinking about taking some, so I can pretend to be normal and not feel so wretched. I know that telling someone to take benzos who has had addiction problems would be frowned upon, but in my case it would only be for 2 days, after that i will be in rehab for a while, so there is no way I would be able to use more benzos. So restarting the addiction process is not a huge concern rn.

My question is, how bad would it be for my withdrawal process to take a SMALL DOSE of xanax for 1 or 2 days? I know it might prolong it a little bit, but Would I be back to day 1 if I do it? Would I feel worse after I stop? Would it start my withdrawal process over again? Is this just another in a long series of terrible ideas ive had recently?

Im not going to lie, odds are I will probably end up doing it. But im going to wait until I get some feedback here. Benzo withdrawal is still a new, mysterious, and frightening thing for me. I guess I want to know what sort of consequences to expect...

I'm going through the same thing. I highly doubt that after 3 weeks a couple doses will start everything over. I'm pretty confident about that. I was taking up to 15 mgs a day of Xanax and everything went away after about a month except for some soreness in my muscles. Ask a pro though...Benzo withdrawl at high doses can be just as bad as opiate withdrawl. I myself am going to try taking them again, except this time I will leave a couple days in between doses. Maybe you should consider that. Later.