• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

taking adderall with marijuana

CamHighLow

Greenlighter
I have six 15mg adderalls and I plan on snorting one as well as smoke my daily joint before school. I want the focus and motivation effect of the adderall but I don't know if the weed would mess up the desired effects. Any suggestions? Also I have never taken adderall let alone snort it, would it be a dumb idea??

I personally wouldn't mix a stimulant with weed especially a stimulant that I've never even tried before. Adderall increases the HR and weed too, you may experience paranoia and anxiety however it also varies from person to person.

Plus Adderall is taken to stay alert and focused, I don't really understand why you would want to mix it with marijuana.

If you want to be alert and focused, marijuana will just take that effect away.
Any experience I have with that combo (and I'm a very experienced user of both) is that the marijuana just amplifies my anxiety
Not a good combo imo

Thanks for the advice guys, I ended up taking one 30mg capsule orally and snorting about half of another to avoid falling asleep. I realize this was not a very bright move but the level of energy and focus was very nice, and also much needed at the time (barely functioning on an hour of sleep at the time). It has been around 16 hours since I took the caps and I'm having some second thoughts about the dosage. HR is slightly elevated and has remained constant, I am not new to this type of comedown but it is miserable. I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight and if I do it'd only be a wink, I guess that's the price I'll have to pay. If I'm feeling like a zombie in the morning, would snorting 5mg's be a safe and effective way to deal with it? I'm hoping it'd get me through school and work as well as allow me to get sleep. I'm a 120 pound male, and as I mentioned before, not experienced with adderall. I'm still feeling a slight tingling around my arms and head :/

i find some adderall with a benzo like klonopin or xanax is a very nice state of focus an relaxation no nasty come down neither

Man I wish I could take a day to rest, unfortunately I have work. Thank The Lord it's a short day for me. It's been 22 hours since I last had some sleep. Yesterday was my first time using aderall for focus and Im pretty sure I started off with much too high a dose. I'm starting to feel a bit concerned, my vision and thought process are both feeling the effects of not sleeping. Not to worry, I don't operate any dangerous equipment so nobody is in any danger if I nod off. I got a solid eight hours in the night before, but tonight I simply couldnt sleep thanks to stims. Would snorting 5mg's be a safe amount to get me through a six hour work day? I'm really hoping It is. Most importantly, will using 5mg's allow me to sleep later on tonight? Then again I could always just tough it out.

Man I wish I could take a day to rest, unfortunately I have work. Thank The Lord it's a short day for me. It's been 22 hours since I last had some sleep. Yesterday was my first time using aderall for focus and Im pretty sure I started off with much too high a dose. I'm starting to feel a bit concerned, my vision and thought process are both feeling the effects of not sleeping. Not to worry, I don't operate any dangerous equipment so nobody is in any danger if I nod off. I got a solid eight hours in the night before, but tonight I simply couldnt sleep thanks to stims. Would snorting 5mg's be a safe amount to get me through a six hour work day? I'm really hoping It is. Most importantly, will using 5mg's allow me to sleep later on tonight? Then again I could always just tough it out.

So you've never used adderall before and decided to take 120mg in one day? Not smart, I wouldn't exceed 45mgs in a day in the future.

At this point you should really just tough it out. I've been extremely dependent on adderall before and if you continue this cycle there is no way to feel like you don't need to take a little more to stay awake. Since you never have used this much before sleep is going to be next to impossible if you continue to dose to get through the work day. I wouldn't recommend coffee because it will make your HR rise. I'm not sure if you're using IR or XR but next time you use it take it extremely early in the day if you are planning to sleep. I would not take any at least 6-8 hours before I plan on sleeping.

Lesson Learned!!

Thanks so much for the info and advice! I'm definitely going to strictly limit my use of aderall, take into account the time of day, and of course keep the dosage low. Looking back on it, I count myself very lucky to be functioning normally. The comedown took forever and had me feeling miserable. 30 hours of being awake absolutely taught me a lesson!

Last edited:
some ppl like it but i think its a really small percentage, I think the general consensus is that its not a good combo, never done it personally.

Even trevor from gta V didnt like it haha.

id recommend never doing a stimulant without a benzo on hand, even stimulants like adderall. Staying awake all night blows nuts. you could also maybe use weed to go to bed instead of a benzo.

melatonin works wonders

lol i dislike coffee, i only like caffeine in small doses like 25mg and only occasionally.

but even coffee could keep you up all night if you took it to late at night and a big dose

Quick question, how long do you think it will take for me to feel normal again?? Taking into account the large dose, no tolerance, light weight, and 30 hours of being awake. I really have no idea if I even came down yet.

Just to give you a heads up, mixing pot with adderall causes extreme paranoia in some people, including me. Then, I do get paranoid on weed alone, but regardless of that be careful cause mixing addy and weed can cause some real bad experiences.

once you go to bed and sleep a full nights rest you should feel normal when you wake up, your suffering from sleep deprivation and adderall come-down, as well as you probably not eating all that well.

take some melatonin tonight and sleep a full 8 hours and get a good meal in before you sleep and you should feel pretty normal when you wake up

I don't really get that anxious or paranoid when I smoke, the environment you're in at the time plays a large role in my opinion. The sense of well being I felt on aderall just might lessen the paranoia of weed if taken together. I don't know that for a fact but it seems pretty likely.

I went ahead and got melatonin sleep aid and some carb rich food. I feel my appetite coming back which is a good sign. Really looking forward to sleeping at the moment.

i doubt your seretonin receptors are super worn out but if you got some 5-htp on hand using that for a few days couldn’t hurt, as well as tuna omega 3 oil (tuna oil helps your brain heal amongst other things)