• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Taking 1 Roxycodone 30mg a night, will my tolerance stay low for awhile?

DylanS4C

Greenlighter
I have been taking 1 oxy 30mg a night at around 10pm for about 2 weeks now. I have pain issues but I mainly use it for the high. I just take it orally with a benadryl once a night. My tolerance seems to have stay the same, how long before I'm gonna need 2 a night? And is taking one pill a day really that bad? I know its going down the road towards addiction bit I can control it fine and at night time a nice Roxy 30 is fun and relaxing. Any advice or opinions are welcome, thanks!

How quickly tolerance develops depends on a persons individual chemistry. Usually it takes anywhere from a few weeks to a couple of months for tolerance to start building if using opiates daily, but as for the time it takes to become physically dependent.. It all varies greatly. Have you used any opiates on a regular basis before this? It takes longer to build tolerance/become dependent if you are opiate naive obviously. If this is the case then you might want to lay off the roxis for a while because addiction is not something you want to have to deal with and it will sneak up on you before you even realize your usage is out of control. Be careful!

Everyone is different. Eventually, your just going to be completely used to it. If that ends up happening to you, then you will be taking that dosage to feel normal. That's one of the risks. IMO, your mindset has a lot to do with it. Some things that help me are adding variations. I switch times of dosing. Occasionally, I take a lower dose, I take days off, etc. Also, if you continue to use the Dramamine, you will need it every time you dose. There are other factors that hopefully someone else can elaborate on.