• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Tagamet rebound metabolizing drugs faster?

tippin666

Bluelighter
I'm not 100% sure my post itself qualifies as an advanced discussion but I know you guys are the best people to talk to in this regards. I had been taking suboxone with tagamet and It has been the only opiod type drug that this method has worked for me. I was doing this for about a week with tagamet, taking 1 tablet twice a day. After running out at the end of the week, I took suboxone like at a slightly higer dose than my normal 2mg ( I took 4 mg). This dose always keeps me well for a good 2 1/2 days before I start feeling weird. But this time, after taking it that morning I was getting sick the next day at around 11am. At first it was just mild mailase, fatigue, and foggy mind. Once 5 pm rolled around I had already puked. So I know tagamet inhibits many enzymes in the cytochrome P450 enzyme system, but don't remember off the top of my head which specific enzymes make suboxone break down slower. My question is, is there a known rebound effect of these enzymes in which they would be in overdrive after stopping the tagamet, which would explain why the bupe seemed to leave my system so quickly?

Unlikely. The enzymes don't know that they've been slowed down, it's not like they know they need to play catch-up.

I'm not aware of any up or down regulation of liver enzymes in response to an "enzyme antagonist" and from a practical standpoint, I don't see how such a thing would work exactly