• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Tagamet/Grapefruit Juice -> Dihydrocodeine?

^ What are you asking? How DHC goes with tagamet? Should be fine, prolonged opioid effects if you get those off the combo usually.

I've done the grapefruit thing and the tagament thing and have noticed no "potentiation". No increase in duration or intensity. That might just be me though as I've heard it works thousands of times...

How do you measure % "highness". Like as in "I'm 20% higher than I was before?" I never really got that.

EDIT: Ive done it with oxycodone not dihydrocodeine.

Last edited:
Does anyone really enjoy dihydrocodiene? Must be a constipation thing.:)

I like it. To me it feels just about how everyone says: right between codeine and hydrocodone.

I actually really love it because of its long duration. When I'm normally done feeling the hydrocodone effects, the dihydrocodeine is still ramping up, its good for all day

I'm prescribed 100's of 30mg dihydrocodeine whenever i run out, but unfortunatly i don't get a buzz from it. I do feel it slightly, especially in the morning when my my body is screaming out for its dose because of the aches and cement head feeling but no real buzz, even at high doses, which i've tried. It seems people's bodies are so different from one another. Some people can get a buzz so easily while others struggle to feel anything. I really want to try hydrocodone but its been so hard to get any living in the UK n all.
I'm waiting on my first possible delivery soon , unless i've been scammed. (prays to god)

I hope my metabolism does what it needs to to create the buzz from it.

Grapefruit juice wont potentiate DHC , it doesnt matter if its the instant 'df118' or the dhc continuos . best potentiators are benzos & especially hot tea on an empty stomach

Actually, you almost got it completely right...except, you want to take your cimetidine with your tums (or a half tsp. of baking soda in a quarter cup water- it has more acid neutralizing power than most stuff out there), as the cimetidine is better absorbed in a less acidic environment....
...then take your hydrocodone about 45 minutes later for maximum effect from this "inhibitory cocktail"...Cheers, PhorIndicator...;)

p.s. Then about 7-10 mins. after the hydrocodone, throw down another of the same dosage of baking soda water, as hydrocodone is also better absorbed in a less acidic environment- then you've taken this cocktail to the limit, as far as altering the pH of the stomach for better absorption of both drugs, and inhibition of the CYP 2D6 enzyme to delay the metabolism of hydrocodone...have fun!

I agree i have an anti acid baka soda mix thing called ENO with my 2 tagamet. With a few phenergan then take some codeine at same time then 45-1hour later i take the rikodeine 200ml DHC think thats like 400mg of Dihydrocodeine. With a few clonazepam, temazepam and some diazepam and i find it a good nod. Cause the codeine binds the bowels and then turns into morphine and tagamet keeps it as morphine nad stops more being converted then it makes DHC much stronger and al the benzos just add to the effect and phenergan help to potentate all the opiates and tagemet also helps the benzos be stronger and longer lasting.

this thread was started 5 years ago...and this shit has been talked to death

everyone on here KNOWS that benedyrl, tagamet, grapefruit, xanax, etc., all increase the buzz a lil bit

I love DHC and i know peple woh were addicted to H and morphine and now thats all they take.
they love the stuff like daily users of it.

Was gonna get some DHC....Got Oxy instead. Is DHC really worth it? I know it would be $ wise lol

quercetin is also a potent inhibitor of said enzymes- an isolate from grapefruit juice. Think its in the order of 35% inhibition. Cats claw and goldenseal as well...

they don't noticebly boost the high but they certainly prolong it

Not to bring up an old thread, but I certainly concur not only with cimetidine + DHC, but cimetidine as a potent potentiator for many opioids and benzos… I’m actually on Suboxone (buprenorphine) for the 2nd time, I believe that bupe is listed in italics on Soundpharm’s CYP450 chart, albeit not in italics which indicates “clinical significance” (then again the chart isn’t comprehensive, but I use it as a quick, general guide on a regular basis)…

So the first time I was on Suboxone I decided (rather stupidly, but hell I couldn’t afford it) to go from my 16mg/day (at the time) dose to nothing in 2, 3 weeks tops whereas the doc would have dropped me a mere 4mg a month… at first, I could feel the onset of W/Ds at exactly the 36 hour mark, however, adding cimetidine gave me (I believe) somewhere between 6 to 12 “extra” hours before the onset of W/Ds. I realize subjective experience means little in a scientific context, but it certainly illustrated the potential of cimetidine for me.

Its still obviously an interesting topic so who cares if its old?

Like every thread that was posted yesterday on this forum doesn't already exist somewhere deep in the archives. Most of everything we talk about on this forum is old.

Anyway I wanted to note not only does it extend the high but I always felt like I took a lot more xanax in general mixing with grapefruit juice. I never even took tagamet before. But I'd drink like 2 - 12oz glasses full of it, wait a half hour than take my xanax (I think the idea is to have your digestive track still actively working on the juices).
The FIRST time I did this I took only 6mg xanax and had my first experience with "wobbly feet". I kept falling down the whole night which never usually happens at that dose to me.

I also see a ton of people on another forum I won't mention claiming to always take tagamet with dihydro who love it.

I like it. To me it feels just about how everyone says: right between codeine and hydrocodone.

I actually really love it because of its long duration. When I'm normally done feeling the hydrocodone effects, the dihydrocodeine is still ramping up, its good for all day

Im curious, what kind of DHC do you use? I have IR 30mg tabs and I pop about 8-9 of them at a time and get a decent buzz but it only lasts for an hour maybe two. I have tried the DHC Continus and they sucked I bought them once and never bought them again I was so disappointed..But damn if I can get a DHC high to last me almost all day, I am missing out! Fill me in PLEASE!!:)

If anyone is curious (I know this thread was a long long time ago but hey, no harm in adding info for future reads), I am trying the DHC + Tagamet combo tonight. Heres what I am doing: 2x200mg Tagamet tabs + 2xtums then 45 minutes later 8 or 9x30mg DHC tabs. I say 8 or 9 because I just recently went up to 9..and I would really hate to get too high tonight as I have homework I am supposed to be doing8) As I read above, it doesn't make the high necessarily "stronger" but it lasts "longer" with the Tagamet..guess we will see. I might report back to give readers a conclusion of experiment.