• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Systemic allergic reaction from shooting?

Bomb319

Bluelighter
Hey all,

I'm certainly no newbie when it comes to opiate use. You name it, I've done it (with the sole exception of Oxymorphone which is not available here, or at least virtually absent from the streets, and also RC's if they count). I haven't shot up in quite a long time (8 months) since I have been on methadone maintenance. I recently bought a gram of what is supposedly high quality shit. I don't use a lot the first time I have anything even slightly new for obvious safety reasons, but I figured that I should be ok doing a quarter shot (.25g) since my massively high tolerance would make an accidental and fatal OD very unlikely with that amount - even if highly pure.

Anyway my question is, right after shooting it I had a full-body allergic reaction similar to what happens to me with morphine. Even though I've certainly had local reactions before such as hives and redness around the spot and even up and down my whole arm, I can't remember it ever happening with H. It was not severe, but definitely noticeable; shortly after doing the shot, I could feel excess blood rushing to my face as it began stinging. There could very well be some impurity or another opiate that caused this, although seeing as how I got a decent rush from it despite being on 220+ mg methadone daily, it can't be the main reason. In fact, I will not feel all but the best dope on that dose. It even seems to be lingering afterwards although obviously nowhere NEAR as strong as it would be otherwise.

Is this a problem, and particularly would it be safe to use the rest?? I ask because in the past when I've had allergic reactions to a shot, they can be MUCH worse if I use the same stuff later on that day. That would obviously be inadvisable in the case of a systemic reaction where my throat could potentially close up. Then again, it really was not very intense. Any thoughts?

OK so I did another shot to be sure, and this time it was much more localized, with hives forming on hand and arm along with astrong internal itching sensation and redness. There's obviously something in there tyhat doesn't agree with me, although the overall quality of the product is extremely high. Todo just over a point and have a noticeable rush would mean it has to be pretty much top-notch, no? Anyway like I said before, getting hives or a rash after shooting is certainly nothing new. It's a shame I guess, although it does not last very long.

Interestingly, it's nowhere near enough to affect my pupil size, thanks to the methadone. If anything they appear to be slightly LARGER than before.