• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Symptoms of meth overdose RISK

Dcole461

Bluelighter
I apologize if this has been answered somewhere. I did try searching but I only found info on actual overdoses.

I am NOT at any risk but I am currently binging more than I ever have. By binge I mean sleepless night because I'm not necessarily using more (I guess I am actually since I'm using it partly to stay awake) and I smoke it btw I don't inject and I rarely snort (haven't done that in over a week... lol). I do know the symptoms for a meth overdose as well as the symptoms of normal usage. Of course I'm eating, drinking water, taking supplements etc. But how do you know when you're nearing the danger zone? My "resting" meth heart rate has never gone above 90 (and it's usually 80), though I like to have sex and jack off which of course causes it to be much higher (though upon resting for a bit it goes back to around 80-90).

I can't imagine it's as simple as, feeling fine, take a hit then overdose, so what should I look out for on the way to an overdose?

Dizziness, pounding heat, high blood pressure, heart rate really high like above 150 bpm, nausea etc

Dizziness, pounding heat, high blood pressure, heart rate really high like above 150 bpm, nausea etc

That makes sense. I was feeling a little anxious (out of ativan). Anxiety + tweaking = can't think logically. Thanks for replying though!

What about symptoms of overdose from injecting meth
Dizziness'' high blood pressure (higher then your normal) chest pain (angina) Audible and Visual Hallucinations, Seeing red and blue lights or laser lights. over 140 or 50 BMP, nausea, dehydration, feeling extremely hot. Paranoia (may be normal side effect) Insomnia (normal side effect) and may sleep for multiple days or extended period of time once you finally crash,

Dizziness'' high blood pressure (higher then your normal) chest pain (angina) Audible and Visual Hallucinations, Seeing red and blue lights or laser lights. over 140 or 50 BMP, nausea, dehydration, feeling extremely hot. Paranoia (may be normal side effect) Insomnia (normal side effect) and may sleep for multiple days or extended period of time once you finally crash,
What about symptoms of overdose from injecting meth

I'd add sweating. The few times I overamped injecting meth the most noticeable things was that I was sweating buckets even though it was the middle of winter and I was standing outside in t-shirt.

I'd add sweating. The few times I overamped injecting meth the most noticeable things was that I was sweating buckets even though it was the middle of winter and I was standing outside in t-shirt.
Oh yes, absolutely sweating, and hot body temp and sweating is also for a non related topic a symptom of Overdosing on an opposite drug spectrum upper downer mix, like Alcohol and Meth or Amp , or Opiates any upper, etc.... Back on topic My biggest absolute biggest Meth and all upper symptom I always forget is chest tightness. I know the thread is super old, but thanks for the reply Atelier3, I always see you active a-lot while I was lurking for the last couple years, especially recently, and it just speaks alot about the forum's committed crew responding to the new guy's reply on a 5 year old Thread.

As always EVERYONE if you think you have OD'd especially on Meth and uppers ( well any OD, but you can narcan Opiates) GO To THE HOSPITAL, you could have miniature ischemic attacks, or worse you thought you OD'd and after a while you perceive that you are feeling better as the symptoms subside, and you get extremely tired. So you go to sleep thinking great that's over I just need rest.......

And you don't wake, this was just your endorphins numbing the prolonged exposure to uncomfortable symptoms. I have lost 3 friends in 2020 Alone. Two to overdoses, and one in recovery for 3 years, he had an ischemic attack and an embolism blocking a vessel, and it was just so random. He had endocarditis when younger, and he had to get heart surgery. He finally was well and had a son and wife, and just randomly passes. ughgh

Looking forward to joining Bluelight, and very excited to be able to share some of my experience's / knowledge of OD symptoms. <3

Meth OD symptom #1 from injecting is sleep. unlike coke/H, body cant assimilate. Bodies defense is shutdown.
Why meth OD's ALWAYS found to be preexisting/ other health issues.