• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Sydney - Sat 24th July - Metro - THE SUITABLE FEW (EP LAUNCH)

edw1n

Bluelighter
Sydney - THE SUITABLE FEW (EP LAUNCH) - Sat 24th July - Metro

tsf2.jpg

THE SUITABLE FEW
(EP LAUNCH)
+ 206 COLLAB
+ THE ALPHABETICS
(FREE TSF EP FOR FIRST 100 THRU THE DOOR!)

The Suitable Few are a five piece live hip-hop act hailing from the hills. Blending the phat grooves of hip-hop with elements of funk, jazz and swing their show truly encapsulates the improvisational nature of hip-hop, seamlessly mixing freestyle jams with a range of tracks that are different and suitable.

Fronted by MCs Adikkal and Balistik (both Nu Func MC Battle Champions) the Suitable Few consist of Nikk D on guitar, Wayne Keene on drums and Matt "Flatsticks" Bond on bass. It was the lyrical chemistry of Adikkal and Balistik that provided the inspiration to create the suitable sound. They bring the "true blue Aussie rap style, serious and funny make you think while you smile".

To add to that, both MCs Adikkal and Balistik have just won FBI's ARRIVE ALIVE competition (ill let Adikkal fill you in more about this).

For those of you who have never seen The Suitable Few live, ask any member of bluelight who has, and i'm sure their experiences will persuade you to join in on the fun. Also keep in mind guys, they ARNT playing at the cat and fiddle - this is in the city (So dont rock up at the fiddle in force of habbit). Should come with a great light show and a much more pleasant atmopshere.

when
SATURDAY 24th JULY 2004
Doors 8:00 PM

where
METRO (TRANSIT LOUNGE)
624 George Street SYDNEY

more
$13 PRESOLD / $15 DOOR
Available online @ The Metro Website or from Band Members (Adikkal).
REMEMBER FREE TSF EP FOR FIRST 100 THRU THE DOOR!

links
www.thesuitablefew.com
www.alterednoise.com
www.metrotheatre.com.au

[email protected] (Email Me for Pre-Sale Ticket Arrangements)

tsf.jpg

P.S 50th Poster in this thread receives a free ticket.
(to please the moderators, please post on topic ONLY)

rollcall
  1. .Jero
  2. Adikkal (DUH!!)
  3. Backo
  4. Bopgirl
  5. Breakabeat
  6. Burns
  7. Chaos Butterfly
  8. Edw1n
  9. Katmeow
  10. Lush^puppy
  11. Macksta
  12. Melancholic
  13. Nickthecheese*
  14. Raverchick
  15. Shal
  16. Starbeats
  17. Taliana
  18. Up All Night[/list=1]
    * appearance is tentative, or alternatively a figment of ones imagination.

Last edited:
Ooohhh yeah, I'll be there.

Check out the rhyming ;)

MC Kat

Yeah i'll be there too seen as they are from the Hills and a good portion of them went to my old high school and ive heard wonderful wonderful things :)

wow rockin!

Where is the venue? Is it The Metro, or a different Metro?

^ It is the Metro you're thinking.

Considering I'm ditching J5 to go to this it better be good. ;) Nice promo shot boys. haha

Sorry boys, even if hell froze over there's no way I'd make it.

Have yourselves a blast :)

Wow, colours, bold text and pictures - edw1n you are the king of thread making! The topic helps aswell :)

sorry to hear that apollo :( What if heaven heated up? Still no go?

Regarding the "Arrive Alive" thing edw1n mentioned, Balistik myself and E-Dawg on production whipped up a track in 2 nights for a competition for FBI radio and the Motor Accidents Authority. It had to use the phrases "Live for the Music" and "Arrive Alive" and have a road safety message... well, we did it and... we WON!

And here it is, $4000 worth of funky/cheesy/educational hippity hoppity

www.adikkal.com/media/adikkal_&_balistik-arrivealive.mp3

But in regards to the gig - let me just say that it will rawk. Up All Night, you will be left wondering 'who's J5?' :D

Adikkal

Ahhh, you won the FBI competition! I knew you'd win it man. I can't remember if I ever actually said anything to you, but when I first heard about the competition, I thought fucken-aye I should make sure you guys are in it :)

And you've upgraded to the Metro!! I've got like 2 months to sort out time off work, so I'm gonna make sure I get myself one of those damn CDs :D

Count me in for a presale ticket aiight!

Looking forward to this already :D

godammn
i'm in cairns till the sunday
so not cool
=/

can you move it please? :)

Considering I am travelling down to Melbourne to see J5 the following week... yes I will be coming :)

WoW!! Congrats Addikal and co!! :) Big ups to you! You guys are tops and totally deserve to win this! :D

24th July seems a long time away... and i'm hopeless at keeping plans but put me on that list anyway! Someone just ring and remind me a week before.

Not sure if i can access bluelight too much anymore as i have a new job and i'm not sure what their internet policies are so if i dissapear you'll know why :)

Anyway... back on topic (sorry)!

We need a bluelighter called ZeeZeeTop or something similar to sign up and pledge allegiance to the suitable few cause otherwise I'm going to be at the bottom of the list for ever and ever amen.

My life is so tragic. No it really is I swear.