• AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Sydney - Godspeed @ Sydney Entertainment Centre REVIEWS

Status
Not open for further replies.

EuPHoRiC_ThOuGhTz

Bluelighter
Sydney - Godspeed @ Sydney Entertainment Centre 2nd July 2005 -

** Godspeed Darkside **

Let us take you to the Dark Side . . .Deep within the confines of a twisted mind, a pounding beat grows faster, louder and more pronounced with every heart beat. A cacophony of aural and visual stimuli expands through the recesses of the optic nerves, the Dark Side beckons. Will you allow yourself, for just one night, to be pulled away from the light, pulled towards this sinister sight.

From all corners of the nether world, the Masters of the Hardcore come together with the power of the darkness, their minions are called.
Thousands of eager eyes envelope the darkened arena to witness the coming. The quickening begins. Small lights dance and flutter over the main stage, you know its here, almost here. The sound grows louder, the lights move quicker as they grow larger and more intricate. Is it laser light that you see before you, is this the souls of the thousands that surround you, dancing before you.

Can you stand to keep your eyes open, should you shut your eyes and wait for the final moment. It is here, the countless silhouettes around you know it, they know that you, standing all alone know it. Let yourself feel the power, let yourself go with what is before you.

ENDYMION - Enzyme Records Netherlands

Think European Hardcore, think Endymion! Creating hardcore classics such as Mind and body as one, We are the future and Demonsworld. Performers at key events across the World, you know the names, the biggest Hardcore events on Earth. Thunderdome, Mysteryland, Masters of Hardcore, the events that the Australian hardcore massive dream of attending.

Producing and releasing material on labels that the Worlds finest dj's carry in their crates, labels like their own Enzyme Records, on other labels their piers own like Neophyte Records, Baby Boom, Bionic, D-Boy and more. These heroes of the Hardcore are going to pound the living hell out of the Godspeed main arena. Leading the charge in the journey to the Dark Side. Hold on tight, Endymion are here for your soul.

BRISK - Next Generation Records UK

Easily one of the most recognised names and faces in the UK Hardcore / Happy Hardcore scene, a giant among giants like Scott Brown, Hixxy, Breeze, Styles, this man has proven a key instigator in the Worldwide assault on the Happy Hardcore scene. With releases dating back over 15 years, if you haven't heard, or you haven't danced to one of his tunes, get out from under that rock.

Brisk is the owner of two of the World's most well known Happy Hardcore labels, Next Generation and Blatant Beats, and he has performed his own brand of slammin UK Hardcore across the Globe. Rating Australia as one of the best places to both perform and party, Brisk is yet again ready to rip shit up at Godspeed Dark Side.

UFO - Raverbaby UK

One of the key members of the Hardcore Till I Die event series, DJ UFO is creator and performer at the top of his field. UK Hardcore, Happy Hardcore, whatever you call it, UFO has been there since the very beginning, and he has helped forge a strong English scene. He has released countless Happy Hardcore classics, and has co written with the leading lights in the UK scene, Hixxy, Recond, Dougal.

They work together and they work together perfectly, producing and releasing tunes you dance to every weekend. UFO has played all the largest Happy Hardcore parties, Slammin Vinyl, H.T.I.D. Sundissential, Hardcore Heaven, United Dance and Helter Skelter, and he is now ready to rock Godspeed.

DA PREDATOR - H2oh Recordings, Ruffneck, Mokum, Cenobite Netherlands

H2oh Recordings, Ruffneck, Mokum,Cenobite Netherlands A discography of more than 60 released, on labels like Mokum, Ruffneck, Ruff EX, Cenobite and H2Oh, Da Predator is a serious contender for the most prolific Hardcore producer in World. You have heard his tunes, you have danced like a maniac to his enthusiastic releases, cuts of plastic such as the seminal hardcore classic Jiheaaa, the dark and nasty Pump up the Vibe and the hardcore crate classic Mind of a Lunatic, obviously created directly from Da Predators twisted mind.

His performances have spanned the globe, from Canada to Australia, from Russia to the United States, Germany, Holland, Swiss, the UK and more.
The Dark Side is calling, Da Predator is answering, Hardcore comin'
through, loud and clear.

EVIL ACTIVITIES - Neophyte Records Netherlands

Neophyte Records Netherlands
One of Neophytes favourite acts, Evil Activities have been in the Hardcore game since 1998. They have produced some of the most twisted, mind bashing hardcore on the planet. Their style is tough, rough and brutal hardcore. Tunes like Bang Bang, Harder and Hardcore, Darkness at Noon and X-Tinction have sent crowds worldwide into a hardcore frenzy.

Now they are coming to Godspeed, picking the entire crowd up and slammin us all through the gates of hell and into the dark side. The Masters of Ceremony are here, centre stage and ready to play, we pity those who cannot keep up.

ALEK SZAHALA - FiNRG, Electronic, Camel Records Finland

FiNRG, Electronic, Camel Records Finland A name known in the Finish Hard Dance scene for over 10 years, this amazing producer kept a low key through the rest of the World until his amazing, almost explosive forthcoming in 2003. The year was huge for Alek as he released two of the most played and talked about Hard Dance tunes, Superstition and Tlaloc.

Garnering international recognition form the key players in the Hard Dance movement, these two releases saw Alex shoot to International stardom, and saw the birth of his own label Cocoxqui Records. Featuring a unique style described by Alek as Hyperenergetic, his music, his label, his performances will be a vital component to Godspeed Dark Side.
We welcome Alek to our shores and know that he will entice and enlighten the Godspeed travelers.

BIPOLAR - BiPolar Records Brisbane

BiPolar Records Brisbane
Newcastle's finest Hardcore trio, Nautious, Vertigo and Dash make up the Bi Polar group. Having played all of Newcastle's key hardcore events, together with a headlining set at Brisbane's Mayhem party, Bi Polar are new ready to kick it off manic hardcore style at Godspeed.

LOCAL PERFORMERS

Godspeed Dark Side brings together a wicked range of talent across 2 amazing arenas
Fenix - Weaver - Matrix - Suae Team Rocket - Spellbound - Crisis Dave PSI - QT - Destiny - Phase One Tom-E - Marcos - Scape - Duckie Refresh- Crystal Mc Losty - Mc D-Tech

THE DARK SIDE HITS SYDNEY SYDNEY ENTERTAINMENT CENTER

The team behind the Godspeed events have planned and prepared for what can only be described as one of the pivotal moments in the Sydney dance scene. That is, the confirmation of Godspeed being held in one of Australia’ longest running, and most highly acclaimed venues, the Sydney Entertainment Centre. Without question you would have heard of this giant complex, and more than likely you would have attended SOMETHING at this venue.

But you have NEVER partied all night here, until now. That’s right, Powerhouse Productions have done it again. We have confirmed for the first time EVER, the use of a key Sydney institution for one of our events. We have been doing it for years, from the first use of the massive Australia’s Wonderland, to the first use of the awesome Sydney Superdome and Sydney Showground.

We are the leaders, and this venue is possibly our most anticipated entertainment arenas. The main party area, where our monster production is being installed can comfortably accommodate a sea of Dark Side travellers, one of the largest main arenas we have ever utilised for Godspeed. While our second and third arenas and chillout arena can fit another couple of thousand people with High ceilings and views out to Chinatown.

The main arena has a ceiling height that will allow for the use of dramatic lighting and laser installations, moving mirror effects combined with giant staging, decorations and props. The Sydney Entertainment Centre is about to cross over to the Dark Side, are you with us on the journey?

PRODUCTION

A few times a year you will count every day, you will awake with the anticipation that you are just one day closer. You will speak to others and you will share with them your excitement. They will see in your eyes that you are focusing on something that is so outstanding, so mesmerising that they too will be drawn into this mystical buzz.

These few times a year are when you await an event of such scale and magnitude that very few words can describe the sensation of anticipation. These events, more often that not, are Powerhouse events, and they are especially exciting because you know, in your heart and in your mind, that on finally getting to that day, transporting yourself to the giant venue, entering the main arena, that on finally arriving inside this behemoth you will be awaited by quite possible the largest and most advanced production set up you have ever witnessed.

You know that the lasers will sweep you up and take you further than the music alone could, you will know that the pounding of the bass bins will shoot through the floor and up your whole body, driving manically through your spine and into every part of you. You know that seeing yourself jumping and pumping on the giant video screens will send not only you but all around you into a childlike buzz. This is what you have you waited for, and it has been worth the wait.

A conglomeration of the most highly advanced party technology, lasers so powerful they require rivers of water to keep them cool, lights so advanced they move in unison like a miniature army. Video screens so large they make the Hollywood boys envious. A Powerhouse event is a powerful event, you know it, and you wait in great anticipation.

For Godspeed Dark Side we can only allure to the fact this event will be not only worth the wait, it will be a historic experience. Join us as we take you and your fellow travellers deep within the Dark Side.

ATTRACTIONS

• Over 25 of the finest international and local performers.
• The first use of the amazing Sydney Entertainment Centre.
• Awesome light, laser and sound installations across 3 arenas.
• Full service alcohol bars for 18+ crowd.
• Perfectly positioned outdoor chillout area next to the Main arena.
• Stilt walkers, baton twirlers, fire breathers to add to the atmosphere.
• Giant staging and props throughout the complex.
• All the best festival style stalls including massages, temporary, tattoos, jewellery, clothing and more.
• Secure onsite Cloak Room for your bags, jackets and essentials.
• Huge parking station allowing cheap safe on- site parking for thousands.
• On-site medical staff and first aid supplied by St. Johns Ambulance.
• Polite but tight security for your safety.

Buy your tickets today and secure your entry into the biggest hardcore party in the Southern Hemisphere. All previous GODSPEED events have sold out in advance, with countless people missing out! Don't let this be you! With a strictly limited capacity of 5,000, tickets will sell fast....so hurry to your nearest store or purchase online (details below) to guarantee a night of unforgettable, non-stop party fun!

EARLY BIRD SPECIAL
$50 (Incls GST) + BF

GROUP BOOKING
SPECIAL Buy 4 get 1 FREE!
This works out to be only $47.20 + BF a ticket!

REGULAR TICKETS
$59 (Incls GST) + BF

ONLINE OUTLETS
www.powerhouseproductions.com.au
www.ticketmaster7.com

TICKET OUTLETS
Ticketmaster Outlets Australia Wide: 13 61 00
Moshtix Phone Charge: 02 9209 4614
Central Station Records (Darlinghurst) 02 9361 5222
One Stop (Darlinghurst) 02 9283 5581
Ten Seconds Down (Chatswood) 02 9411 5575
Plaza Records (Penrith) 02 47210365
Mall Music (Brookvale) 02 99056966
Castle Records (Castle Hill) 02 9899 7347
Sandlia Records (Liverpool) 02 9602 1320
MJays (Fairfield) 02 9727 3621
Soundgarden (Hurstville) 02 9579 2129
Jolly Rogers (Cronulla) 02 9523 0303
Fish Records (Balmain). 02 9810 8421
Fish Records (Bondi Junction) 02 9388 9641
Fish Records (Glebe) 02 9692 0480
Fish Records (Newtown) 02 9557 3074
Electric Monkeys (Bondi) 02 9365 6955
Red Eye Records (City) 02 9299 4233

Godspeed Dark Side is recommended for people 16 and above.
Alcohol can be obtained with 18+ photo ID.

MAILING LIST/EMAIL LIST INFO
Sign up for our exclusive online mailing list and be the first to get information on all Powerhouse Productions events.
Go to our website at: www.powerhouseproductions.com.au

MEDIA INFO AND GUESTLIST INFO
All media and guest pass requests must be received no later than 5pm Friday before the event. Applications must be emailed to [email protected]
Please include the reason for request and contact numbers to your affiliated organisation.

TRANSPORT INFORMATION
The Sydney Entertainment Centre is perfectly positioned just minutes from the centre of the City. If you're training it to the City, you'll find a relaxed walk to the venue from either Wynyard, Town Hall or Central Stations. For those driving in, there is a giant multi storey car park directly behind th e centre. Here is some help full hints to get you to the Dark Side quickly and easily. Godspeed is waiting for you.

@@@~~**taken from powerhouseproductions.com.au **~~@@@

who's going? i know i am for freekin sure
:p

Of course I'll bloody well be there. It's my birthday rave!

sigh. will the 16+ be enforced, or is it an all-ages 12yr-old-free-for-all?

Last edited:
im pretty sure its 16+ crowd ... im def. gonna be there! anyone go to the hard wars rave which was in penrith?

I really dont think i could be bothered to go to Godspeed. I ahve to work on the Saturday nite anyway...

I havent been to a godspeed before, being at the entertainment centre really doesnt appeal to me...

I have bad memories of seeing Riverdance, Savage Garden and Ricky Martin there!! lol

replied in subbies thread :)

ill def. be there, along with a tasty selection of fine friends who know a good thing when it comes along

sassy85 said:
I havent been to a godspeed before, being at the entertainment centre really doesnt appeal to me...

I have bad memories of seeing Riverdance, Savage Garden and Ricky Martin there!! lol

replied in subbies thread :)

ricky martin!!!!!!!!!
wat drug were u on to go watch him!
wateva it was i dont want it :p

EuPHoRiC_ThOuGhTz said:
ricky martin!!!!!!!!!
wat drug were u on to go watch him!
wateva it was i dont want it :p

hey remember i did say BAD memories!! lol i think i was 12 or something... he was hot at the time!! :)

I will be at Godspeed for sure! I am just worried about sound restrictions at the Entertainment Centre. They'd better not turn the music down like they did at the last Utopia, that and all the dickheads rolling people just ruined the night. My friend had 10 pills stolen that night and one of them was meant for me :X

Looks worthy indeed;(apart perhaps from whatever is that is stated as evil!? seems a tad scary)
?*?
Anyway God's Speed should be tops. I mean he must have some decent lab and setup, is God going to have a stall where I can try some of his gear?
I love my happy hardcore and Brisk, Raverbaby and a whole lot of other crew should be should be good too.
btw. I like dancing and I feel those Riverdance dancers are profoundly good dancers; I like Savage Garden's music, they do have fine voices; I have been dancing complicated choreography to Ricky Martin recently in an international acredited dance program( the music is already preselected by the international dance music selectors for this particular program), and so I feel Ricky Martin does have good talent even though it is not my preferred present style of music.
RAVING IS MY LIFE!

So where is the meetup?

Peace and Blessings to all,
:),
O.

Flyer

PH-200547-poster.jpg

PH-200547-djs.jpg

PH-200547-info.jpg

:D

Last edited:
yeah looks pretty evil banging! im made it to sydney for the last godspeed but didnt actually make the event.damn evil sydney!This looks like it could be way hard...but the fact its pretty much in town sounds good,or am i triping on that aswell? and UFO is playing,his become artist of the last few months with me.

and oceanboy...uhm...what can i say hey.heres to not being jaded..?:)

PLH

Chaos

The Endymion team are great DJ/producers, they'll be the ones to see for sure. Evil Activities have made some good tracks also. I'd be checking out those two and Matrix for sure.

Oh yeah I'm not goin! =P

AndyzPsylocybes said:
The Endymion team are great DJ/producers, they'll be the ones to see for sure. Evil Activities have made some good tracks also. I'd be checking out those two and Matrix for sure.

Oh yeah I'm not goin! =P

haha yea got some of there songs! its gonna go off! ill be theRe!!

craving for some ravin!

Status
Not open for further replies.