• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Sydney - Field Day - REVIEW

^ Save me a spot for Stanton Warriors! hehe Oh god I'm excited! But why oh why did i let myself get so sunburnt today? grrrr

w00t, tanned girls!!!

DJC* listens to High Score feat. MC Dynamite (Stanton Warriors Remix)

Can you tell i'm excited?? Damn work tomorrow.

Fingers crossed noone good is playing at 1pm.

Is everyone getting there early or later to avoid the rush??

DJC*

Q: How does a dude live with himself after working on New Years' Eve?

A: By going to Field Day, MF!!

Quite lookin forward to hangin out with all the Bluelight buddies and the crazy MC's.

2 more sleeps.

1 if you're hardcore

:)

fuck a big brown dead duck.

i havent bought my kite yet.

im working till 3pm - and its just the other end of hyde park, so im walking through straight up.

jesus fuck im excited, but i cant make the 1pm meetup obviously. tis another one that im going to miss.

Hmmmm yeah - hypothetically speaking, is it better to get there earlier or later to avoid the rush? (as DJC asked)
And also a dumb qusetion but would there be a cloak room?!?!?!

Moocho is comming?!?!?

ahhh shit
;)

Star_beats and I bought this wicked watersprayingdevice, with a fan built-in, at conrads warehouse yesterday after seeing someone with one at Summer Break, so it had better be hot!

Does anyone know when or if a set list will be released for field day?
Have a great ney y6ears eve everyone, see you tomorrow!!

Playlists will be released on the door upon arrival.

BOOO

To those that are not turning up till after 1pm, i'd say just look for the BL Puddle, trust me, there WILL be one. =D

Went past and saw them setting up today, its lookin damn fine. Can't wait.

Have a great nite tonite all those heading out. To everyone else, C U on the dancefloor/grass.

DJC*

Well....what a great day/night.

I think i managed to see everyone i wanted to see, and even some i didn't expect to see.

Big thanx to those that kept an eye out for me all day/night.

Did anyone else notice that Stanton Warriors were playing Groove Armada and Groove Armada were playing Stantion Warriors?? Not to mention both of them playing Born Slippy/Sloppy at almost the same time. *tweak* 8o

w00t for Krafty Kuts and Askills at the end.

I'll say more when i get some sleep.

DJC*

DJC* said:
Not to mention both of them playing Born Slippy/Sloppy at almost the same time. *tweak* 8o

haha
yeah, i noticed that as well :)

well, after not intending to go, then finally going, i can say it was well worth it! my neck is now REDDER than before, and i think i'm seriously dehydrated! haha. damn it was fun. shoutouts to the whole 'tree crew'!

jubes

God I had a good day... for a last minute decision, it turned out to be part of the best new years ever for me.

It was too damn hot to dance early on, so I was content to chill and wander about (saw about a million people I knew which was great.)

It was damn crowded on the dancefloor at the end and I missed a fair portion looking out for a mate who was sick, but overall (for a non-house/breaks fan), I quite enjoyed the tunes.

BL crew - was nice to meet a few newies and catch up with everyone else. To our little posse who kicked on after, thank you for a great night, seriously one of the best times I've had in ages.

Happy New Year guys, may the year ahead bring you closer to your hopes and dreams!!

Kat xx

very very impressed. i had an awesome time, ill be back again next year for sure. i was so sad when it ended!

It's really something special when good friends, friendly crowd, great music, perfect weather [and the surprise attendance of your favourite DJ] all come together on the one day. Field Day was fantastic!

Was great seeing apollo, star_beats, mirage, keej, punch e, moocho, katmeow, DJC, Chaos Butterfly, soularus (and nadia), Jubas, Backo, Bopgirl, SupaDiscoBreaka [and Tim], Addikal, Shoelace, Melancholic, Lush Puppy, Cutiful, raspberrywatergirl... ahhh so many!

PS I say next year we bags a spot under the Bluelight Tree again.

What an awesome day! Only the second breaks event I've ever been to and I'm practically converted. The new year has brought about more change than I expected. Why have I not been awakened to breaks before?

Kid Kenobi, Drumattic Twins, Stanton Warriors, Krafty... they were so damn good!! :)

Naturally, without the company of friends it would have been a disaster, so thanks to all those who accompanied me. Thanks to everyone at the little after party, even though I kind've crashed :)

Definately going next year, no questions asked ;)

there really isn't a much better way to put it except to say... FUCK YEAH!!

I seriously wasn't too fussed about the day after having such a nawesome time at summer break, but this fucking took the cake! What an unbelievable day came together, with a great crew of friends (up all night, mirage, apollo, katmeow, mandy, backo, DJC, jubas, CB, Melancholic, lush puppy, cutiful, shoelace, raspberrywatergirl, adikkal, nadia, soularus.. and i'm sure I've missed some...), awesome music and a fantastic atmosphere =D

I still can't believe that krafty kuts and curtis blow turned up...... :D

whoot!!!

PS. I still love you all ;)

Well i had a pretty fucken good day. It was good to catch up with all you people again, you know who you are.

My highlights of the day would've been seeing Hermitude and Meem who both cained it, especially Meem. Mass respect to this guy, he brings the funk indeed :) Special shout outs to Moocho, i had a mad time freestylin with ya and bustin out to Meem, i'll be in touch man :)

Peace ya'll!

Adikkal

melancholic said:
Why have I not been awakened to breaks before?

Hey! Its not that we didn't try!! ;)

I had a great time on New Years' Day and I owe it mostly to the ppl I hung out with.

The music at Field Day was quite good (yeh, anyone who missed local artist Meem would never suspect that they missed possibly the funkiest set of the day) but somehow I just didn't get into alot of it. Maybe Ive been listening to too much breaks lately. Not blaming the DJ's at all.

One real negative aspect of Field Day was some of the undesirable punters who turned up this year. I actually got roughed up by some shirtless muscleheads on the dancefloor at one stage, which was a first (threats of violence at a dance party? Where did the world go wrong?!)

But on the positive, there were many memorable moments with good friends both old and new.

Special thanx to Macksta and Breakabeat for looking after us post-Field Day.

CHeers to all involved :)