Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Sydney - BL meetup - Thurs 3rd Aug - Marly Bar (Newtown) REVIEWS

yeah... anyone interested in a phone...

nokia 5140i the unbreakable phone... now comes in breakable... FUCKER

if you want the pics... which are really bright and UGHHH

PM your email address, and i will stalk you like the stalker you always wanted

I have pics also... mostly of CB ballet-dancing. =D

I also happen to have both my camera and cable with me in work......

**mmmmm.... must upload....**

*awaits photos* whats a review thread without photos of people humiliating themselves =D

Dude... upload away!!

That was an absolutely shocking pic... I swear it was the music that made me do it!!

2inch penis bouncers that attack you 20m away from the pub that you have already left have their own special place in coked up islander hell.

Had a tops night :) met some new people, didn't make TOO much of an ass of myself... had too much to drink... so was relatively normal :)

Great to meet tambo and re-see babu!

And massive thanks to Raz for dragging himself and some awesome Melbournites up with him :)

CB :)

picture006bs9.jpg

picture004bo9.jpg

:\

CB demonstrating his variant of the ancient miyagi dojo crane kick!

Yep, just as bad as I remembered!!

You are an evil man... having a strategically hidden camera just sitting there waiting for me to make an ass of myself!!

Nice work!!

CB :)

How late did everyone stay? Sounds like I should have stayed longer.

Good to see you all again, hope the next one is on a weekend. I hate having to do stuff the day after Bluelight pissups.

I had a really fun night. Awesome to catch up with some old faces I hadn't seen in awhile and cool to meet some new ones too!

I'm ever so glad that shal made a special appearance too ;)

Good times...

gher said:
How late did everyone stay? Sounds like I should have stayed longer.
Uh... well, probably "left" at about midnight.

It was lovely to meet you guys. Wish I'd have done it earlier.

That was tremendous fun to go to after yet another IKEA lamp buying binge...

I probably didn;t get to spek to as many people enough as i'd have liked to but I guess that's the deal with meetups.

Met some cool new people and had some cool chats. We should do this more often. Maybe when the Bank reopens? since there appears to only be the one pub in Sydney ;)

tambourine-man said:
It was lovely to meet you guys. Wish I'd have done it earlier.

Never fear, there are still many months ahead for crazy shenanigans!

P.S. Come to yum cha ;)

tambourine-man said:
Raz is a violent, bloodthirsty maniac who needs to be kept away from licensed establishments.
Raz said:
....for all who don't know me, I am funny/offensive/emo when I am drunk, all of which are probably worth seeing.
I aims to please tambo-man! :D

Notwithstanding the ongoing feud between myself and the bouncers of NSW, Thursday was awesome fun! The drinking, the crap psychic, the dancing, the aforementioned special guest appearance of shals, catching up with peeps and meeting some new fun people, it all gets a big resounding YAY from me!

Good work people....come down to Melbourne next week and we can do it again! :D

i must admit... i shedded a tear when i left because the following were not present

Pirates
Wipe On Sex Appeal

:'(

Sad postscript:

One of the guys I work with was beaten up by three bouncers outside "The Town Hall Hotel" (or "The Townie") in Newtown. This happened on Friday night. Apparently, he attempted to calmly intervene after one of his friends got knocked about by a bouncer. He ended up with a broken leg (just above his ankle) and a load of busted ligaments after being repeatedly stamped on.

Makes you think, eh?

^ That is so fucked up. The only slightly bad experience I've had with the bouncers there (which doesn't in any way compare to that!) was when Unsquare and Ravpup got refused entry because they were too drunk (possibly justified :D) but then ozbreaker also got refused for being too drunk even though he hadn't had anything to drink that night. Tossers.

tambourine-man said:
Sad postscript:

One of the guys I work with was beaten up by three bouncers outside "The Town Hall Hotel" (or "The Townie") in Newtown. This happened on Friday night. Apparently, he attempted to calmly intervene after one of his friends got knocked about by a bouncer. He ended up with a broken leg (just above his ankle) and a load of busted ligaments after being repeatedly stamped on.

Makes you think, eh?

Makes you think that bouncers can be fuckwits.

Too much coke and muscles and way to little brainpower and an inflated sense of cultural victimisation makes them feel like it's OK to beat up on people.

Fucking wankers. srsly.

El pluso uno +1

Apparently, the whole thing was caught on CCTV or something (not sure whether it's private or local Government CCTV). I believe the Police are now involved and he'll probably press charges against the dimwits.