Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Sydney - Big Day Out 2006 - Sydney Showgrounds - 26/01/06

0ff1cer_ch0ps said:
i got an outtie

does that make me a boy

three sleeps fuckers

or no sleep for you fuckin meth heads...

1 sleep :D

Chopsy - hope to see your ass there!

i hope to see my ass there aswell...

could be an interesting day if the rain starts falling

all the emo make up will run...

OH NO!

Forecast looks good for tomorrow. Cloudy morning clearing to 29.

Everyone bring some steaks to throw at the dogs!

Signat :D

im now having a big day out bbq breakfast at my house for me and the boys :D

Bacon, Eggs, Sausages and Beers :D

cant start the day any better :D

im off...

hope you all have a good safe day!!!

enjoy

hopefully i might run into a few of you

look for the knob with shitty 3/4 jeans that have been cut... and a wife beater singlet with the beer belly...

that would be ME :D

QUick question...always wanted 2 go 2 the BDO...first time will be 2morro :D Just wandering how longs the wait in line usualy take? Wanna make sure im in by 12 to watch the presets!! Need to time it properly haha???

^^^ Give yourself at least an hour... just in case things are slow, plus you'll also need to line up inside for a wristband if you're drinking.

omfg...

someone point the gun to my head and put me out of this misery...

i will try to write some what i very hazzy review...

fuck 2manyDJ's were great, and SONIC...

I LOVE YOU SONIC ANIMATION!!!

omfg...

what a day...

my somewhat fucked hopeless review, that is very patchy...

Presets - they got one of the worst sets and had a massive crowd, they were fuckin excellent...

Gerling - I found to really be lacking... was quite funny when they came out and started playing a wolfmother song...

Mudvayne - Heartbroken, spent their whole set trying to fight with security to let people into the D barrier... could see them via a big screen, but the sound was shit and the heat and impregnating a woman by the name of bruce after being so close to her trying to get in sucked...

Wolfmother - played an A grade top set, i would love to see these guys at a little pub show or something, amazing...

Soulwax - WERE FUCKIN AMAZING... they were just so fuckin good, had a good little crowd going, just pure guts! loved it :D

Franz - For the 15/20 minutes i heard, it didnt even come close to how they were at splendour 04'...

Cut Copy - Got a shit timeslot going again FF, but put on a killer fuckin set... These guys just keep on getting better and fuckin better...

Sonic Animation - THE BEST THING OF THE DAY... the "farewell" tour... how they will be dearly missed, i think im going to home to see them on saturday night...

2manyDJ's - Perfect fuckin way to finish the night, played a killer mix of tracks...

OVERALL...

again, it was a linefest, but you learn to live with it... the toilets are getting worse as the years go on, and i cant believe how fucked the security were treating people trying to get into the D barrier for mudvayne, i was fuckin appaulled...

Was heaps fuckin good that they really opened it up this year, the boiler room and the size it was, was fuckin great, they needed that years ago, when underworld played...

Still the best day of the fuckin year by far...

why im at work right now has got me fuckin beat but...

Wicked day. Wolfmother played a great set, I managed to get right down the front for most of it, lost my sunnies near instantly, closely followed by my breath. I watched Magic Dirt early on who weren't to bad, apart from when the lead singer got microphone happy at the end and started ranting about the Government. Franz was sick, the whole stadium was jumping for most of his set. Bolted over to Cut Copy who put on a great show, even with the traditional lets jump on all the band members at the end. The Mars Volta were fucking awesome, worth missing half of Iggy Pop for.

Caught the White Stripes for a little while, nothing to really write home about though. Im still amazed they were one of, if not the, headline. Finished up with Common in the Hot House, which was a great way to end the night. Didn't go to the Boiler Room, I can see Kid Kefaggot and MC Fagbreath any other day at a Fuzzy event, I dont care for Sonic Animation, and 2 Many DJ's suck, but basically BDO isnt about dance music for me! Sorry Chops :D

Watched Henry Rollins do Spoken Word which was good. I dont think starting out by slagging Australia day was the best method, but the rest of it was pretty cool.

Overall, as Chops said, it was a mega linefest. Getting drinks was a major pain in the ass. The toilets were so bad people just started pissing anywhere, which is pretty rancid with that many people. Using the ATM was a 4 hour affair, much like trying to find people.

Sick day all in all. Makes me sad that I never went when Rage Against The Machine were headlining.

Next year im taking my own beer, my own portable toilet device!

Signat :D

wolf mother
the hilltop hoods were freaking good
vitallic was ok -(of what i saw of it)
henry rollins
2manyDJ's were not as good as everyone hyped them up to be
but sonic animation were tops......... during sonics set i proposed to meZZedup
so we are now engaged and channel v taped it for the v energy challenge :)

top day that i may remember now off to bed :)

Last edited:
Spent most of the night in the boiler room.. Sonic Animation absolutely BLEW MY MIND!! They rocked my socks off.

Franz were a disappointment, I stuck around til Dark of the Matinee and then decided that they were a pretty big let down..

Wolfmother were excellent, as we all expected, and I loved Mudvayne, fought my way to the pit half way through Magic Dirts set and had an awesome time, they were unbelievable.

Missed Hilltop Hoods which pretty much was a let down.. But Sonic & 2ManyDJ's absolutely made the night a complete success.. it was so sad when the lights came on in the boiler room and we had to settle down and make our way back to the station.

The only bummer about the whole day was the unbelievable police prescence outside Olympic Park Station, we got there around 1 in the arvo and when we walked outside the gates of the station there would have been 80 police standing around waiting for the labradors to pick their victim or for someone to fuck up.. some welcome that was!

they needed that years ago, when underworld played...

I missed Underworld, and have had to live with a guilty conscience ever since, have been praying every night that they will sometime soon make their way back out here again, but since Darren Emerson left I cant help but feel really doubtful. I would have given my left leg to have seen them in the Boiler Room.

woohoo what a day. Spent half the day near the olympic cauldron watching at least 5000 try jumping the fence and security only catching a few of them!

Saw:

The Living End
Franz Ferdinand
The Subways
Hilltop hoods
Iggypop and had to leave after that to get the crappy public transport home. Last bus from the train station was too friggin early :X and I felt threatened after Rooty Hill trainstation by all the drunken yobs and young mothers who got on the train swearing at each other and threatning to bash anyone who so much looks at them! What a way to finish the day.

I want my place back at maroubra back.

Well, we got in there at about 2pm. By that stage, the only parking that was left was on the roof. But oh well.

I noticed this year they added alot more markets, and that big pink castle which was actually a "bar", and "lilyworld" bah. It just felt so compacted, like there was no room to move around in there with all the changes and new additions they made. Normally when i used to go in i knew where everything was, this year, they moved the ID band place. That took awhile to get ID bands, everyone pushing in.

Anyway

Went and watched DJ John Ferris, he put on an excellent set. We would of kept dancing although we had to keep stopping cos it was so hot. By the way, what ever happened to the air conditioning in there?!?!?

Then came Sarah Blasko. I must say, she wasn't singing as great as Splendour in the Grass '05.

Then caught a bit of Mudvayne. Not my thing but they sounded pretty good. Walked around for a bit.

Tried to catch Henry Rollins spoken word. By the time we got there it was so crowded, couldn't squeeze in anywhere and couldn't here anything. I was very pissed off by that stage.

Then we watched The Living End from the stands. Sound wasn't great, but as usual thats what you get for being in the stands. P.S. did living end get a new drummer?

Then came Franz Ferdinand Once again, not as great as at Splendour In the Grass '04. But still had a good time watching them. Missed End of Fashion for Franz, but i'm sure i'll catch a gig of EOF some time.

Missed Cut Copy :( So tired, hot, and irritated by that point. Now i must admit Iggy Pop still knows how to rock. Why he played "I wanna beyour dog" twice.. who knows. The second time he sung it was a bit of a let down. He should have just sung it once. Was good to see him bring up some of the fans on stage. I can't believe how loud they were playing. For me the sound was great. For my best friend she felt like she was going deaf.

Then we watched a bit of The White Stripes. I had enough by that stage. Just wanted to go home. They weren't playing that great and the sound was so shit at the stands.

So that was the day. Over all, i'd say it was one of the worse big day outs i have been to.

0ff1cer_ch0ps said:
omfg...

someone point the gun to my head and put me out of this misery...

i will try to write some what i very hazzy review...

fuck 2manyDJ's were great, and SONIC...

I LOVE YOU SONIC ANIMATION!!!

I feel the love here too mate! They were fucking incredible at BDO, I almost wet my pants when they opened with E-ville. The new-improved boiler room meant I had shitloads of room to dance like a complete spastic which I was quite happy about. It was worth driving back to Newcastle the next day to see them at M-bar, even though there was fuck all room to dance. I was so knackered by that point though that it really didn't matter.

Here's a boiler room pic:
sonicanimation.jpg

0ff1cer_ch0ps said:
look for the knob with shitty 3/4 jeans that have been cut... and a wife beater singlet with the beer belly...

that would be ME :D

I remember saying to you that you had your "big guts out" singlet on :)

The day was okay, not the best BDO that i've been to but the highlight of my day was DEFINATELY vitalic playing poney part 1... dear god I thought I was going to pee myself when I heard it coming on. That song gives me goosebumps when I play it in the car, so hearing it on a system that big made me go into happiness overload!

Meh to sunburn, speshially sunburn on 1 shoulder :X