Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Sydney - Big Day Out 2006 - Sydney Showgrounds - 26/01/06

0ff1cer_ch0ps

Bluelighter
What - Big Day Out 2006
Where - Sydney Showgrounds (Homebush)
When - 26th of Janurary 2006 (Australia Day)
How Much - About 115... doesnt really matter, tickets are not available unless you wanna be a fuck a get them at 8pm on a thursday night via the big day out website

WHO -
The White Stripes
Iggy & The Stooges
Franz Ferdinand
Kings of Leon
The Mars Volta
Soulwax
AFI - Cancelled
2 Many DJs
Sleater-Kinney
The Magic Numbers
The Living End
Shihad
Wolfmother
End of Fashion
Gerling
Dei Hamo
Mudvayne
The Go! Team
The Subways
Mylo
DJ James Murphy
The Greenhornes
Kid Kenobi plus MC Sureshock
Magic Dirt
Cut Copy
Hilltop Hoods
Cog
Beasts of Bourbon
Sonicanimation
Faker
The Grates
Youth Group
Wolf & Cub
Vitalic
Common
EDAN
Jean Grae
M.I.A.
Sarah Blasko
Airbourne
The Presets
DJ Ajax
DJ Jason Midro
MU
Caged Baby
Afra & the Incredible Beatbox Band
Fast Crew
Bit by Bats
Drag
Tourettes
Peabody
Red Riders
Kiosk
The Herd
Will Styles & Learned (Funktrust DJ's)
Hand
Loonaloop
DJ Mark Murphy
DJ Ben Morris

That is all bands playing in Sydney

So yeah, its slowly approaching... going to be good... hopefully, nothing really excites me on the list, but im sure i will find to entertain myself over the day!!!

w00t

Official Website - Big Day Out

This years BDO is the biggest disappointment yet.. I certain certainly wont be attending.

I mean, The White Stripes headlining? Are you fucking kidding?

And now that AFI has cancelled, I'll be highly surprised if this year doesnt fall over and shit itself.

Pissed off about AFI cancelling but I'll still be going :D (Gold coast that is ;) :p :D)

You can never see Kid Kenobi too many times. And this would have to be the last chance to see Sonic Animation.

the lineup's alright i guess i'll be there... you go for the day of insanity with your mates anyway, not the actual lineup =D

o yeah...

Henry Rollins is doing spoken word... which could be interesting...

Im guessing he is the replacement for AFI

Could be messy, a bunch of pissed/drugged up kids looking towards the main stage while the bloke the size of the incredible hulk talks shit...

I'm there

This year i wanna bring one of those little camping chairs. Same shit every year, feet so dead i cant' get to the car/station. Ontop of that when all the good bands come on at night, only have enough energy to dance for a song

I'd be there for The White Stripes alone... but alas, I'll be in Japan skiing my ass off :):)

CB :)

[QUOTE='lil leecie]^^foh reals? morgs and i are offloading our tix.[/QUOTE]

Well don't biatch, keep em and come play with me..... :D

DJC*

I'm in, I think it's going to be great day... bought my ticket the day it went on sale :) There's quite a few artists/groups I'm looking forward to seeing and the atmosphere is always half the fun!

Look out for the orange vests doing crowd care

thats me again :)

Hope I get morning shift again so I can spend the rest of the day getting absolutely plastered.

^^ When the last act finishes on the main stages, i always feel sorry for the bastards who have to clean up all the shit thats left over from the day.

Though on a side note, i'm sure you'd find your fair share of wallets, drugs and other miscellaneous stuff

^^ not really I'm not part of the clean up squad.

But I spend half the day resisting the urge to take my trainer off and throw it at anyone wearing high heels or thongs wtf this is the big day out not poser day (aka field day).

I hope those dumb chicks I spent half of the last big day out pointing out where they can buy replacement thongs learnt their lesson and wear appropriate shoes this year.

so after long review, this is what my day somewhat looks like

Presets - 12:00 - 12:45
Gerling - 1:00 - 1:50
Will Styles & Learned Hand (Funktrust DJ's) - 1:45 - 2:30
Mudvayne - 2:40 - 3:30
Sonic Animation - 3:15 - 4:15
Hilltop Hoods - 4:20 - 5:15
Soulwax - 5:15 - 6:15
DJ James Murphy - 6:15 - 7:15
Franz Ferdinand - 7:15 - 8:15 - this is only due to lack of nothing else being on and im only staying for 30 mins :p
Cut Copy - 7:45 - 8:30
The Mars Volta - 8:30 - 10:00 - Obviouslty leaving early for Mylo
Mylo - 9:15 - 10:15
2 Many DJ's - 10:15 - 11:45

Haha fuck making timetables like that.....you'll never stick to them!

The only two acts i want to make a point of seeing are Sarah Blasko (4.00-4.45) and Mylo (9.15-10.15)

I plan on floating the rest of day....