• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

[Syd] White Party * Armin van Buuren * Sat 9th June @ The Dome REVIEWS!!

didn't tiesto play two tribes several years ago??

hmm does white party mean everyone has to turn up in white like the overseas parties?

sydkiwi said:
didn't tiesto play two tribes several years ago??

hmm does white party mean everyone has to turn up in white like the overseas parties?

I think he piked on that gig. One of the headliners did and people kicked up a stink about it.

Well looks like I won't be going now, I scored a gig at a psy party.

gher said:
Wow, it's not as expensive as I thought it would be.

Tempting, but it's just before exams. *sigh*.

I got fucked over in that regard too.

Just had to tell my friend I didn't need the We Love Sounds ticket he'd bought me cus I would have to study that weekend.

Then yesterday another friend calls me about a trip down to a holiday house, for the whole weekend, with the only cost of the trip being travel, booze + green.

I. Fucking. Hate. Exams.

gher said:
I think he piked on that gig. One of the headliners did and people kicked up a stink about it.

Well looks like I won't be going now, I scored a gig at a psy party.

Nah Tiesto didn't pike, he played at two tribes 2002 Great night that was 8)

Back on the topic of Armin, Im so there =D
The only thing i don't like is the "white Theme" White pants should never be worn

Mister_Duck said:
Nah Tiesto didn't pike, he played at two tribes 2002 Great night that was 8)

Back on the topic of Armin, Im so there =D
The only thing i don't like is the "white Theme" White pants should never be worn

Wouldn't that of been the year I waited 2hrs out the front gate for you and your mates?

That year was hilarious. Go the labradors!

Nowhere near enough hype...

[groupie]
Armin landed in Australia yesterday
[/groupie]

I am so upset im missing this :(

I cant believe this shit rain!!!!!!!!

i couldnt think of anything WORSE than going out in this weather!! but seriously guys....have fun *insert winking face*

ahh the weather aint so bad. Bring on the Trance!! Im gonna party like its 1999!! YEAH!! lol

14.gif

*The all white crowd looked pretty sweet
*For the most part, I really enjoyed the set, though a few more classics wouldn't have gone astray
*Plenty of room to move in the Dome
*All the pretty lasers
wink.gif

*Totally having Armin's babies

13.gif

*1 hour and 5 minutes in the bar queue... luckily it was next to the dancefloor, but getting to the front and finding out that the other side of our bar was operating two cash registers (ours just had one) and the security wasn't alternating people from both queues, gave me the shits. Also, if you're operating that size event and don't want to put enough staff on, don't sell drinks that you have to mix, there's more than enough pre-mixed drinks on the market.
*Outdoor parking, with machines that only take coins and a note exchange box that doesn't work properly
*Sound wasn't really that fantastic, lots of echos out towards the edge of the room and the speaker to the left of the stage seemed a bit distorted

All in all, I had a pretty good time, considering I really wasn't feeling that pumped about it in the morning. Felt a bit like Infected Mushroom though in terms of the event having more of a concert vibe than a dance party.

i enjoyed the night indeedy.

Although getting out of there is a shit. We wanted to leave quite early, and argued with a taxi man to take us back to the city.

WTF was with the sublime vip area though? one of our group was up there and said it was nothing, not worth even climbing the stairs for. Then whats the point in having it?

The white looked great, however it was shit when I saw a cute lad across the dance floor, and we smiled and then I went to get my friend who I could see looking for me (hard to do in the all white), and when I tried to return to wear the cute lad was I couldn't find him cos EVERYONE had white on... grrr hehe.

^^^ professional photographer or top of the range camera?

He must of been right up the front for some of those photos! You couldnt even get near the front in Melbourne.

^ Pretty easy to get near the front... I was about 3m from the front for the last hour and could have moved up more... wasn't a very pushy crowd at all.

*starfalls69* said:
^^^ professional photographer or top of the range camera?

He must of been right up the front for some of those photos! You couldnt even get near the front in Melbourne.

top of the range fancy camera..