• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

{SYD} Infected Mushroom - Fri 13th Apr @ The Metro - REVIEWS!!

katmeow

Bluelight Crew
WHO: Infected Mushroom

WHERE: The Metro Theatre, 624 George St., Sydney

DATE: Friday 13th April 8o 8pm

$$$: $59+bf - early birds have sold out

TICKETS: Moshtix

ASHFIELD: Music Front Ashfield, SHOP 46 ASHFIELD MALL
BALMAIN: Fish Records Balmain, 289 Darling St.
BONDI BEACH : Electric Monkeys, 78-80 Gould St
BONDI JUNCTION: The Music Shop Bondi Jct, Shop 5050, Level 5, Westfield 500 Oxford St
BROOKVALE: Mall Music, Shop 519 Warringah Mall
CASTLEHILL: Castle Records, Shop 317 Castle Towers
COOGEE: Coogee Bay Hotel, CNR Arden & Coogee Bay Rd
DARLINGHURST: Central Station Records, Upstairs 46 Oxford St
DEE WHY: Sandys Music, 870 Pittwater Rd
FORSTER: Forster Sound, Shop 3/41 Wharf St
GOSFORD: Leading Edge Music, Shop 10M Imperial Centre
HAYMARKET: Soul Clap Records, Shop F3B 683 George St
LEICHHARDT: Fish Records Leichhardt, 51 Norton St Norton Plaza
NEWCASTLE: RockShop, 517 Hunter Street
NEWCASTLE - HAMILTON: Beaumont Street Beat, 3 / 34 Beaumont St
NEWTOWN: Fish Records Newtown, 261 King St
NOWRA: Hewlett's Record Bar, Shop 4, Rodway Arcade
PARRAMATTA: Beat Disc, Shop 11 181 Church St
PENRITH: Re-Pressed Records, 4/521 High Street
SYDNEY CBD: Red Eye Records, 66 King Street
SYDNEY CBD: Red Eye Shop 3, 370 Pitt Street
WARRIEWOOD: Leading Edge Music, Shop 56, Centro Warriewood
WOLLONGONG: Redback Music, 133 Crown St

Part psy-trance royalty, part rock band and part globetrotting superstars – the Infected Mushroom phenomenon has swept every last corner of the planet.

Where albums such as The Gathering and Classical Mushroom made them stars, recent releases such as I’m The Supervisor and the forthcoming Vicious Delicious saw them crossover to a whole new world of fans, thus Infected Mushroom were named #12 in DJ Magazine’s Top 100 DJ list – a 14 place jump from their debut on the list last year.

Tokyo, Mexico City, New York, London Moscow, Tel Aviv and everywhere in between have experienced the Infection – now the Mushroom prepare to bring their new live show back to Australia – complete with full band and visual show!

The full production fitout will make this event go through the roof. Second room has been added!

Afterparty details released closer to the date (24 hour licensed venue). We wont be stopping till there is no one left! :)

ID (or passport) is required - 18+ event

This will be my first infected event after missing last years gig due to being sick. Not 100% sure about the new stuff, but heard a recent live set that sounds pretty sweet.

Anyhow, I'll be there with nickthecheese, ozbreaker and a friend from melb :)

hmmm I'm a fan don't get me wrong but this is a maybe. I'm more likely to be going to the doof thats on the same weekend.

saving for wedding, so not this time around.
seen em a few times already. they're here every other year.

Not going on the basis of the reduced DJ set in favour of this new rock stuff.

With the great amount of international trance in Aus atm, plus a few good proper Psy releases on order from overseas (esp Japan) atm I'm no no dire need of good music and can afford to miss it.

If only for a few tracks from The Gathering.. *cries*

argh just found out they are doing a 1 1/2 hour set only.... jipped!!
that is like nothing :(
i paid $65 to see them, not 6 hours of other sets i could have seen for like $10... (no offence to the others, some great local names there, but...)

^ Yeah, that is a little disappointing. Bit like a concert set really.

INFECTED MUSHROOM - VICIOUS DELICIOUS NATIONAL TOUR - THE METRO - 624 GEORGE ST, SYDNEY - FRIDAY 13TH OF APRIL

SET TIMES

main room

adam t - 8.00 - 9.30
no msg 9.30 - 10.30
jaimz 10.30 - 11.30
azza 11.30 - 12.30
raptor vs vj gora 12.30 - 1.30
INFECTED MUSHROOM - LIVE 1.30 - 3.00

back room

pH 8.00 - 9.30
mark murphy 9.30 - 11.00
galaktik 11.00 - 12.30
schwa vs darkchild 12.30 - 3.00

AFTERPARTY - starts at 3.00 abvm and ends when there is no one left! ARQ SYDNEY - 16 FLINDERS ST, DARLINGHURST

Well, I had fun. Twas alot more like a rock concert than a psy event, but they are certainly entertaining performers.

Must say, people being so trashed they are nearly passed out in the toilets, before the main event comes on, is so passé.

hey kat - soooo many trashed ppl indeed! though ppl did enjoy themselves - maybe too much?...

the music - i actually found it got very repetitive and predictable! i was dissappointed, especially after hearing how great they can be live too. it just seemed like the same speed throughout, with the same basslines and the same riffs. didn't really evolve into anything new or different or take you on a journey - this is what psytrance should be about.

Yeah, there was a few parts that I was thinking that I wished they would change it up a bit.

Don't know that I'd go and see them again, esp at that price for only an hour and a half set.