• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

[SYD] Good Vibrations Festival - Sat. 17th Feb '07 Centennial Park REVIEWS!!

I doubt i'll spend much time at the main stage anyway with that line up.

Sneaky are ok live, i don't really like there music though.

You can see Ajax like twice a weekend in Sydney alone, lol.

Meh @ hip hop.

Definitely alot of exciting acts at the other stages though :)

I think if they release tickets on the day they should only sell one at a time. Four per person! That's quite a lot really.

About to head off to Good Vibes!

See you all there, despite not having a clue who you are :p

I'll be wearing a blue Element cap (red logo) instead of a carnation :D

Got my ticket at the door, they were still sellin' them at 4 in the arvo when i got there, so much for waking up early haha.

Snoop was the "suprise" guest.. yay @ live Gin 'n Juice :D

Cassius and Timo Maas were my fav's :)

I had a good time :).Was part of my 30th birthday 8o celebrations =D .

Here's my view on it:-

GOOD
J5 - Had awesome stage presence,top sounds,love there songs,DJ Nu-Mark went off!

DJ Yoda - Great track selection,sampling,scratching and mixing.Highlights included: Mixing The Fresh Prince Of Bel Air TV Show theme into The Message by Grandmaster Flash,mixing in The Voice by John Farhnam with a hip-hop mixed over the top with the crowd singing along.

Fort Knox Five - Playing top breakbeat,and mixing in bits of classic rocks tracks such as Sweet Child Of Mine by Guns n' Roses

B Live Arena - Nice size arena,nicely aired,nice amount of dance room.Arena I saw DJ Yoda and Fort Knox Five.

Beastie Boys - Played most of their classic tracks,and lots of lesser known tracks.DJ Mix Master Mike went off of course! ;) Was great the guests they had on stage for songs eg: Snoop Dogg.

Snoop Dogg - Surprise appearance,when he was NOT originally on the line-up.Loved when he performed Gin & Juice.

Food - variety,prices and lack of q's at 8pm ish.
Bumping into an old Primary School & High School friend.Last time I saw him was at a Fuzzy Event,ha,ha,ha...........

Good Vibrations Festival T-Shirt I purchased.

DJ Yoda DVD I purchased.Which I watched a bit of last night at home.DJ Yoda,mixing and scratching over movie & TV clips eg: Star Wars,Big Trouble In Little China,The Muppet Show.

Hanging out with my older brother which does NOT happen alot.

BAD
Drinks too expensive.

Drink q's too long,and service taking too long cause of it.

Rubbish all over the ground.

J5 were good,but would have been great,if they were on the MAIN STAGE.Poor decision to have them in the ROOTS(ROOTED) ARENA.Miles,too packed when they were playing.

Most of the ARENA'S (Except MAIN ARENA & B-LIVE ARENA) were either too small,or the promoters sold way too many tickets.Take your pick.

Snoop Dogg - Was a nice surprise.But,only hung around for a few songs.Chill-out style hip-hop,NOT suited for a HUGE MAIN ARENA, & even festival type event.Better suited in a smaller environment eg: The Basement.

Clash of some set times,and too many good acts NOT being on in the main ARENA,while acts that should NOT have been there eg: Sneaky Sound System would have been better in B LIVE ARENA.

The bits I saw of the set by Miss Savage - Should stick to her harder styles as Amber Savage,which she is great at.Most songs I heard were way too similar sounding,NOT enough variety in her mixing.Also,when she played the track Proper Education she played it way too slow and killed the atmosphere,then she stuffed up the next mix.

NOT seeing more people I know.

Wacky said:
Food - variety,prices and lack of q's at 8pm ish.

They had food there ?? lol

Drinks too expensive.

Drink q's too long,and service taking too long cause of it.

Rubbish all over the ground.

I found these things annoying aswel. The empty cans and water bottles everywhere were annoying, made it hard to shuffle (that and the fact that the dance floors were way to packed to attempt any real dancing anyway)

Clash of some set times,and too many good acts NOT being on in the main ARENA,while acts that should NOT have been there eg: Sneaky Sound System would have been better in B LIVE ARENA.

Sneaky are very popular (eg. the MASSIVE line at Tank when they were playing there a few weeks ago... not that i was there, i wouldn't associate with either the club or the artist, lol). But yea there probably would have been too many people wanting to see Sneaky for B-Live. Wasn't that a breaks stage anyway?

Happy Birthday by the way :)

Awesome, awesome day. They could have used more of Cennential Park though, it was well squashy trying to move through the crowds for most of the way.

Fucking phone reception, will someone please fix that @ Future music festival.

:)

raverchik said:
Awesome, awesome day. They could have used more of Cennential Park though, it was well squashy trying to move through the crowds for most of the way.

Fucking phone reception, will someone please fix that @ Future music festival.

:)

The phone reception was probably the worst thing about the day, it made it so hard to find people. It happens at most big events (too many people calling and messaging in the same area), so it will also likely be a problem at Future unfortunately.

I'll be arranging meeting spots at the start of the day for Future, just figure out which acts everyone wants to see, and arrange places at each stage to meet.