• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

[SYD] Good Vibrations - Feb 18 - Centennial Park REVIEWS!

Yeah I'm pleased with the set changes! I can sacrifice Satoshi for James Brown. Only thing is I have to prove to my boy Z Trip > Gang Bang (dont get me wrong, I love gang bang too) so we will have to run between both.

My no-rain dance must be working!

Great day! The weather held out (too hot for a while though) and the feeling returned to my nose, tounge and throat just in time for me to eat chocolate chip biscuits. James Brown was ok, but, like every other time I have seen him play, he ate up about 20min of his set time by having every person he has ever worked with give an introductory speech. Freq Nasty was awesome, Satoshi Tomiie was good, what I saw of Z-Trip was pretty cool and Norman Jay was as dependable as ever for some good ol' fashioned groovin'. Also, The Cuban Brothers were quite amusing and Paul Mac should be forever relegated to playing in our great nation's elevators, as he was, as always, exceedingly dull.

Today my brain has spent the day trying hard and yet failing miserably at any type of complex thought. Good times.

Top day!

Highlights - Z-Trip, Dj Marky, Freq Nasty, the dude from Cuban Brothers who was saying all that funny shit

Lowlights - too many sweaty roidy boys, too many people in the Star Bar for Bang Gang, James Brown *yawn*

I had a top day. Breakestra were really good. Talib Kweli and Jean Grae owned, that was nice and hyped. Steve Lawler was AWESOME and James Brown was fun but he finished early n didn't play papa's got a brand new bag, dissapointing.

My main gripe about the festival was the sound. Obviously they spent all the money on getting the acts and spent very little on production. Did anyone else find the sound on the main stage to be waaaaay to quiet?!

E.G. you could easily have a conversation with the person next to you without even raising your voice even if you were quite close to the stage. Not happy about that.

overall a good day though. There was a complete overload of good looking people, plenty of eye candy.

Adikkal

^The Parklands Authority has some noise restrictions in place, so that probably limited what the organisers of the event could do.

two words: hot day.

and some others..

breakestra were absolutely awesome ! i really enjoyed the roots stage as well, I spent a bit of time in there. was very impressed.

Adikkal said:
overall a good day though. There was a complete overload of good looking people, plenty of eye candy.

Are you serious? Compared to Summadayze in Melbourne I got the impression Sydney people were a hideously deformed race :\ Present company excluded of course ;)

Leaving Townsville on Friday morning I was so happy with the thought of escaping the heat but Sydney was pretty much as hot as Tville :\ Ghey.

I had a great day once I got over my hang over. LOVED Freq Nasty and thoroughly enjoyed that old bastard James Brown, especially good for comedy value if nothing else. "Doing the brown" with that pelvic thrust type dancing he was doing fuckin cracked me up :D

I saw the Perth one and was too fucked up to even remember who I was seeing so as far as Im concerned, drugs rule and James Brown may as well be in a stasis tube for all I care. :D

IN the absence of a Perth GV thread:

I spent most of the day in the laundry with regular visits to the B-Bar. Diamond D was a nice start to the day. Micah played a good set. Switch was a highlight of the day. Caught a bit of Shaun rider, wasn't all that impressed. Lady Kier was a lot of fun, interesting out fit too haha.
Marky and Stamina were a great way to end the day. Didn't bother to catch the end of James Brown, not my thing.

oh if anyone feels they know half the tunes that Switch and who ever was after him dropped, feel free to PM me or post them here or something. Cheeers.

Are you serious? Compared to Summadayze in Melbourne I got the impression Sydney people were a hideously deformed race Present company excluded of course

Well I dunno where the fuck you were but I definitely saw a shitload of fit looking women. Unless you're from Melbourne in which case I understand the petty state rivalry. :)

^ Nope I'm from QLD. I guess I was in the wrong place at the wrong time :\ Should have hung out with you all day ;) :D