• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

[SYD] Good Vibrations - Feb 18 - Centennial Park REVIEWS!

[QUOTE='lil leecie]Steve Lawler is a long time personal fav of mine but James Brown is the man! That is a truly sucky clash. Su-cky.

But it's gonna be a f*cking awesome day!!! =D =D

Thanks for posting set times nickyj...bless your little cotton socks.

and incidentally...grr @ z trip and satoshi tomiie clashing too. SU-CKY![/QUOTE]

I'm currently wearing wool socks but I'd be happy to take them off if that would make you feel any better? :D

BTW, does this mean I'm meeting you at this if not sooner? :D

I just got back from the Melbourne Good Vibes, I just HAD to share and I couldn't find any Melbourne thread so this will have to do.

Had an awesome time, so many good acts that didn't dissapoint. First highlight of the day was Datarock who were a lot of fun, they have a great time on stage and this rubs off on the crowd. Second highlight was Breakestra, a nine piece funk band who basically did a medley of all the coolest funk jams you've ever heard. I knew that they would be good but I had no idea they would be that good. I strongly urge anyone going to check them out.

Third highlight was Z Trip.

Absolutely.
Fucking.
Insane.

Make sure to check out his freestyle MC, Supernatural. This guy spat some unbelievable rhymes about random stuff that the audience held up.

I think the lineup at this festival was fantastic, can't wait till next year! Hope all you Sydneysiders have a good time :D

Yeah I saw James. Don't get me wrong, I love James Brown and have listened to him for years, but there were other acts there that I enjoyed more. If you've listened to any live James Brown set over the years you'll know what to expect.

I'm not saying he wasn't good but the Breakestra and Z Trip made me ejaculate whereas James Brown left me pleasantly satisfied. Just personal preference on the day I guess.

Whats the go with 15min sets? Thats enough time to get out your records, put one on, cue up the next, and your sets over. Pfft.

DJC*

^So the music doesnt stop due to set up times. Ajax is playing two 15min sets to give the atist on the bill above him set-up and clear out time. The Cuban Brothers All Stars are a ten piece live group so it will take some time to get all their gear ready. Same thing with Goodwill, although I am not exactly sure why its going to take Sneaky Sound Systems so long to set up. I think Katalyst might be going to do one to allow set up time for estelle on the roots stage.

Ajax gets a full set later in the night, as he is playing as part of the Bang Gang DJ's.

Straight from the BOM - Saturday : Chance afternoon shower/storm. SE/NE winds. Sydney: Min 20 Max 27 NOOOOO!!!! After my clothes getting ruined last year, almost losing both my thongs at various stages of the event to the mud track between areas, getting a fuck-off cold afterwards and being frightened out of skin when a bolt of lightning hit the ground in the next field over I was REEEEALLY hoping for good weather this year.

What does Mother Nature have against this festival? What did Justin Hemmes ever do to her?

It can't be worse than Summadayze. Thats what I'll be telling myself anyway :\

^ I bought the CD yesterday, I'll burn you a copy so you can pretend :)

Also keep your eyes and ears open for set time changes. At Melbourne GV they switched Breakestra and Cuban brothers at quite late notice. Not sure why, but I was lucky to catch Breakestra nonetheless:D

^^you'll be the one laughing saturday arvo if we are all running for our lives from massive lightning bolts again. why do the weather gods hate me!!!

its gonna rain :(

Saturday : Chance afternoon shower or thunderstorm. NE/SE winds.

Sydney: 21 28

Think positive people! There was rain forecast for the Gold Coast BDO this year but it never happened. Have faith, I'll bring some North Queensland sunshine with me :D

Have fun in the mud... bags not personally... I hurt for weeks afterwards thanks to all that rain last year... jeans + rain = not my friend :(

CB.

I had the most awesome time in that storm last year. I came back looking like the 'creature from the black lagoon', but it was spectacular dancing in the rain with that massive electrical storm going on. Bring on the weather I say!!!

It's starting to look a bit more promising....

BOM says:
For Saturday
Cloud increasing. The chance of a late thunderstorm chiefly in the
west. Light to moderate north to northwest winds turning moderate to
fresh northeasterly near the coast in the afternoon.
Sydney: Mostly fine, cloud increasing. 21 29

Woo woo!

Also, there's been a few changes to the set times - Steve Lawler no longer clashes with James Brown! It's shaping up to be an awesome day, I am super excited. Excited like this: =D

GoodVibesSetTimes.gif