• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

[SYD] Future Music Festival '07 - Royal Randwick - March 17 REVIEWS!!

Rated E

Bluelighter
In The Mix

Future Entertainment - FMF

Ticketek

Alison Road, NSW

Date/Time:
Saturday 17th March 2007. 12:00pm

Ticket Price:
$89 (+BF)

Imagine the world’s shiniest electronic music stars, playing across multiple open-air arenas presented by your favorite local and international music brands. Then imagine thousands of happy hedonists, hands in the air for twelve hours of non-stop sunshine, beats, bleeps and bass. Now, imagine it all at the one festival in a city near you!

Stop dreaming. Wake up. Reality has arrived. Welcome to the future of Australian music festivals as you know it. Future Entertainment is turning up the lights and the volume on the boldest and most cutting edge electronic music festivals Australia has ever seen to deliver an excitingly contemporary perspective on the future of international electronic music.

House, Progressive, House, Indie/Electro, Trance, Ambient, Minimal, Breaks, Drum n’ Bass, Techno … In the future, you won’t believe your ears! Featuring Australia’s biggest ever lineup of global electronic music talent, the 2007 Future Music Festival is ready to rock the nation’s capital cities with an all-day party that will set a new benchmark in outdoor events, and herald a new era of entertainment for generations to come …

Future Entertainment, with over a decade of event production experience (including the iconic Summadayze events), consistently pushes the boundaries of technology and will showcase dynamic and awe-inspiring design concepts to reach phenomenal new heights in production, sound and vision to create an all day party of truly epic proportions. You will be captivated by an inspirational array of intelligent lighting, thrilled by mind-blowing pyrotechnics, embraced by crystal clear sound and state of the art digital video, and astounded by world class atmosphere that will collectively create a distinctive, unique and unforgettable festival experience. Prepare to celebrate and revel in the sublime world of electronic music in ways you never imagined possible.

Scorching sounds, cool crowds, and the amazing Australian summer. The 2007 Future Music Festival has arrived … and there’s no turning back. Get set for an experience that will last you a lifetime!

Enjoy Life. Experience the Future.....

*DJ Falcon
*Carl Cox
*Ali B
*Goodwill
*X-Press 2
*Nick Warren
*Princess Superstar
*LTJ Bukem
*MC Conrad
*Felix Da Housecat
*Ferry Corsten
*Tom Novy
*Josh Wink
*JDS
*Midnight Juggernauts
*Bang Gang DJs
*Serge Santiago
*Rex The Dog
*Joachim Garraud
*Chris Lake
*John Course
*Dirty South
*TV Rock
*Sebastien Leger
*The Egg
*Sander Van Doorn
*Fedde La Grand
*Riot in Beligum

Already bought my tickets.

Should be a really good day / night.

Looking forward to:

Carl Cox again, he was really good on NYE, he'll definitely get the party going :)

Riot In Belgium. Seen them before aswel, love the stuff they play.

Chris Lake.

Rex The Dog.

Ferry Corsten.

Felix Da Housecat.

:D

The event homepage has got stage's and their lineups posted up.

There's 6 stages (7 if you include the VIP one).

Looks like there's a trance stage: "The Godskitchen Stage" (Sublime), with acts like Ferry Corsten, Sander Van Doorm and Amber Savage. I shall be spendin' a bit of time there methinks :).

I think I will be attending this!

The line-up doesn't appeal to me at all but I know heaps of people going to it will be a good social event and I wont be running around trying to see acts all day.

got my tickets today! fcukin yeh cant wait.

also, i cannot wait to see punks on juice walkin aroudn without shirts on.

if you didnt detect the note of sarcasm, it's in there somewhere.

www.leehotti.com

^^
Oh man, i hope those guys from 'leehotti' are there, lol.

Oh my. The only thing tasty about that picture is the Heinkien.

I love watching sweaty beasts walking around with no shirts, lapping up the faux attention they think they are getting

I'm looking forward to this heaps now, I wish it ended at 12MN though. I hate when these things finish so damn early.

raverchik said:
I'm looking forward to this heaps now, I wish it ended at 12MN though. I hate when these things finish so damn early.

Enough time for the short trip home, change and out again!

Though the same thing can be said for midnight :\ So I agree entirely.

haha no time for changing, straight out afterwards for me. I would have been too dirty to go out after Good Vibes (shufflin' in the dust), but luckily i had turned my shirt inside out and rolled my jeans up at the start of the day, and cleaned my shoes off in some pub toilets before the club.

A friend gave me the idea, reppin' inside out shirts :D

Oh, and tickets are sold out everywhere except for Ticketmaster. Hurry up if you're getting one :)

Rated E said:
and cleaned my shoes off in some pub toilets before the club.

%)

6pm-10pm Van Doorn and Corsten will surely require some kind of change afterwards. Each to their own though.

One of these festivals where it's just gonna be clash central though. Too much good music :\

^^
haha, yea i'm all class ;)

I'm worried about clashes too. As long as Coxy, Ferry, Chris Lake & Rex the Dog don't clash, ill be happy (which is possible, as they are pretty much all on different stages).

Rated E said:
luckily i had turned my shirt inside out and rolled my jeans up at the start of the day, and cleaned my shoes off in some pub toilets before the club

This Oooozes of class. I like it.

^^
Walking home from the train station at 3 in the morning dressed that way and still wearing sunnies and a hat was the best bit ;).

Oh and, Set Times are up!!!!!! :D

Future Main Stage

1200-0100 John Course
0100-0145 Dirty South
0145-0230 Carl Kennedy
0230-0330 TV Rock
0330-0500 Nick Warren
0515-0715 Felix Da House Cat
0715-0800 John Rundell
0800-1000 Carl Cox

Famous

1200-0100 Trix & Goodfella
0100-0200 Riot in Belguim
0200-0300 Goodwill
0300-0500 Fedde Le Grand
0500-0630 Tom Novy
0630-0800 Josh Wink
0800-1000 X-Press 2

Kink

1200-1000 Shamux
0100-0200 Ben Morris
0200-0300 Bang Gang DJs
0300-0400 Midnight Juggernaughts (Live)
0400-0500 The Egg (Live)
0500-0600 Princess Superstar
0600-0700 DJ Falcon
0700-0830 Sebastien Leger
0830-1000 Joachim Garraud

Air Recordings

1200-0130 Klaus Heavyweight Hill & MC Losty
0130-0300 Funk Trust DJs
0300-0500 Ali B
0500-0700 JDS
0700-0900 LTJ Bukem & MC Conrad
0900-1000 Kobra Kai Live

Godskitchen

1200-0100 Scott Richardson
0100-0200 Patrick Carerra
0200-0300 Amber Savage
0300-0400 Nik Fish
0400-0600 Sander Van Doorn
0600-0700 Jumping Jack
0700-1000 Ferry Corsten

Sweetchilli

0100-0200 Robbie Lowe
0200-0300 Crispin
0300-0400 Daniel Crochetti
0400-0530 Serge Santiago
0630-0730 Rex The Dog (Live)
0730-0830 Oliver Hunterman & Xenia Beliayeva (Live)
0830-1000 Chris Lake

FMF VIP

0200-0300 Simon Black
0300-0400 Time Sea
0400-0500 John Glover
0500-0600 Husky
0600-0700 Johnny Rad
0700-0830 Tommy Trash
0830-1000 Telefunken

I shouldn't have said anything, Coxy, Chris and Ferry are on at the same time... Oh well, I guess ill have to play musical stage visits :)

the thing I hate about these kind of events is the nervousness I get before I know set times about "will I get to see everyone I want to" and THEN getting the set times and trying to start planning what I will do, in amongst trying to meet up with friends (keeping in mind mobile phones will be virtually useless, thus we need to pre-plan what time where, and it makes it harder when have different favourites etc).

Sometimes its better if you're not overly familiar with who is playing!

Nicstar said:
(keeping in mind mobile phones will be virtually useless

I find it messed up that every day at work I find myself wishing I could dispose of the mobile as it's just plain annoying most of the time, but then I lose proper access it for 8hrs at a festival and everything gets difficult.
Modern technology huh?

Set lists are not that bad, a few clashes but that was always going to be the case. At the end of the day you can act all cut that there are so many good artists to miss or you can just be happy that you can get 8hrs non-stop of very solid music.

2pm - Arrive, scout.
2:30pm - Amber Savage I suppose
3pm - Midnight Juggernauts
3:30pm - Nick Warren
~4:30pm - Sander Van Doorn
6pm - DJ Falcon
6:45pm - move back to Godskitchen room in preparation for
7pm - Ferry Corsten
Then if I get all tranced out I'll go see Joachim Garraud but I've got a feeling I won't want to even consider leaving Ferry at any point. Not that it matters as it seems X-Press 2 and Garraud are doubling up for Home after party. That will be almost everyone I want to see sorted. Brilliant.

Of course the above are just plans and will most likely be blown out of the water by various people on the day. =D

The person who was getting my ticket failed to mention that it was 100% (being purchased of someone who didnt want it) and now I don't have one :X :X :X

Pm me if anyone has any spares :( so so crushed.

That sucks :(. I'll let you know if i hear of anybody selling their tickets. Ebay might get a little expensive, although this did take quite a while to sell out.

Wanting to go, under 18 :( So upset about missing Ferry... buuuut i'm 'thinking' about jumping.