• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Syd - Field Day 2005 - NYD - The Domain - REVIEWS

Well, I'd be interested in meeting up if anyone else is, it's just me and two friends all the way over from Perth... So just PM away.

BTW, I'm new to posting, but I've been reading the forums for some time now, so apologies if I've blatantly disregarded rules or something...

Considering i'm now sitting at home without a motivated bone in my body, and a desperately empty wallet, the chances of me coming along and trying to scalp a ticket to this are slim to none. Have fun kiddies!

was having the TIME OF MY LIFE UNTIL 4PM.

After that it was shit. the music, too many people. I dont know if id go again. before all the people got there, it was very good ! I enjoyed 10am tequila shots !

What the hell? It doesn't get started until about 4pm doesn't it? At 10.09pm you should be partying like there's no tomorrow, not be at home posting on bluelight!

De La weren't too bad...weren't my highlight though. Every year I say it will be my last and every year I end up going. So yeah it was good. Could have been better could have been worse. It just was. <3 to everyone I saw who helped make my day what it was.

Donny Don't said:
What the hell? It doesn't get started until about 4pm doesn't it? At 10.09pm you should be partying like there's no tomorrow, not be at home posting on bluelight!

after 20 drinks by 4pm, the day was well and truely over for me. The party from night before wiped me out, which I went to after 17 hours of work. Tequila at 10am is not always a brilliant idea.

The begining of 2 Many DJs set was kewl. %)

DJC*

I had a great day yesterday.

I thought the weather was great for it. It wasn't too hot, and the cloud cover made dancing during the day more bareable.

As far as music is concerned, my favourite sets of the day were certainly towards the latter half of the day (also affected by when I was peaking.).

I enjoyed Meat Katie and Lee Combs. Kid Kenobi and MC Sureshock were fantastic as always. Although Kid Kenobi is certainly pretty predictable, and plays alot of anthems, they really play to the crowd, and it works well.

I didn't mind De La Soul. While their set was fairly slow paced, "Hey How Ya Doin, Sorry You Can't Get Through..." was awesome.

I watched a bit of Plump DJs, but needed a bit of a walk around, so I went and watched 2manydjs. I would have liked to have seen both, but for some reason they were scheduled at the same time. What a shame!

2manydjs began their set with Rebel Rebel which was just awesome. Bowie is great! I really enjoyed 2manydjs, but was a little dissapointed by the Fuzzy Farewell.

It was too much of one song for 15 minutes or so, and really didn't add much interest. Having Krafty Kuts, A Skillz and Kurtis Blow last year was unbelievably awesome. Perhaps I was being unrealistic to expect something to rival that.

All in all, I had a great day, and once again I thought Fuzzy put on an awesome event.

bRAVEheart

Plump DJs were one of the best on the day IMO, I didn't like 2manyDJs later stuff and De La Soul kinda ruined the mood being on straight after an awesome set from Martin Solveig...

yeah i got to agree keystroke. Martin Solveig played a mad fucking set. I think he actually played better at Field day then he did at tank.

De La Soul was just wrong. Fuzzy is getting a reputation for fucking it up a bit if you ask me. (although i hear harbour life was awesome)

I still think its an awesome event, and i still love the whole meet people whilst trashed in the domain concept. great venue, awesome production, i think the EXTRA space this year was so good. Lines for drinks didnt seem so long either.

i dont think anyting will ever top last year, or the year before. its a hard one to think which was better. I probably give it a miss if the lineup is shit next year.

Well I had an awesome time. Plump Djs, Meat Katie, Cut Copy and 2ManyDJs were my favourates.

Mind you I was "fairly" trashed. Ummmm. Well, actually, make that "quite" trashed. Hehe.

I could think of half a dozen things that would have made it better (Like not putting De La Soul on the main stage!), but I still had a freakin blast.

they spent half their set promoting their new album...it was a quite slow and downbeat set at times and there were alot of sound issues which resulted in blocks of them talking and trying to fix the sound/mics/feedback etc etc

I had a grand time. After the urgency of Big Day Outs (the kind of festival I am used to), I found my first Field Day to be quite lovely.

One day prior to Field Day, I sold out and bought a trucker cap.

The weather was PERFECT. I am so happy to be un-sunburnt.

James Zabiela was my favourite - SO good. Plump DJs were also good. 2 Many DJs were fun. I found De La Soul to be a bit slow for my tastes, so I didn't stick around there. I may have liked Black Grass, but I was excessively off my tits and so I can't really remember.

I think next year, I shall take less pills and will have a greater memory of how much fun I actually had. It's all a bit hazy...

I'm still recovering from field day, 2 days later....

but James Zabiela was awesome, so were Lee Coombs and Meat Katie...

I don't think Hip-hop should ever be played at a breaks/house event, but perhaps thats just me!

i cant wait to see plump dj's at summerfieldayze at gold coast it gonna be unfuckenbelievable =D