Sun 23 Jul 2006 7:30pm

where:
Hordern Pavilion

ticketing:
general admission - $79.90
ticketek

Hip hop master DJ Shadow returns to Australia in July for a
stunning set of shows to highlight his upcoming new album,
"The Outsider", due for a late July release.

As well as the ground-breaking beats and innovative video for
which he's renowned, Shadow's live set will feature
vocalist/MC's, Lateef Daumont and Chris James.

Joining Shadow in Sydney for what will be the block-rocking
hip-hop double bill of the year is pioneering consciousness
rapper/actor, Mos Def.

I've got my ticket already... this will be the event of the year =D

i saw him last time and it was like hypnotising - but it was only $50 last time - but it was such a good show. except for a bunch of inconsiderate pricks talking all the way through the show

chugs said:
except for a bunch of inconsiderate pricks talking all the way through the show

talking.....hu? , how big was the sound system? 8o

This looks really good, although it's very pricey!

If I get a good tax return I will be in attendence

<3

Am going to be there for sure.Huge fan of DJ Shadow with so much of his music on vinyl.From his two major albums to early 90's DJ Shadow produced hip-hop.

*Wonders who to invite with spare ticket I have...................

This was fucking awesome!

DJ Shadow please have my man babies.

The scaffold video DJ booth structure was tops, and the video was really well done. One of the best shows i have seen in ages.

Can't wait for a) the new album and b) the return of DJ Shadow as he will "definately be back soon"

Top show :D

Mos Def was pretty cool,nice mix of singing intro's and rappin'.Funny that he looked really stoned %) .

DJ Shadow was awesome.

The clips on the HUGE screens looked great :) .Great mix of his old tracks and stuff off his new album,'The Outsider'.The track featuring Q-Trip sounded good,plus the ones with rappers David Banner and Lateef,and the soft rock tracks with vocalist Chris James were very different and interesting :) .

Looking forward to release of 'The Outsider'.Hopefully,will be available on vinyl,so I can get it on that ;) .Plus,I than will make a "BEST OF DJ SHADOW" Mix CD from all the stuff I have from him on vinyl :D (From his early hip-hop stuff,to rare single releases and all his albums %) )

Quality show from Shadow. Didn't expect anything less. The man is a perfectionist. My first big gig out in Sydney. Liking the crowd and the atmosphere. Looking forward to getting out a bit more come summertime. Should be heading to Parklife next

I wasn't that excited by Mos Def, but DJ Shadow... holy damn... SO GOOD!

The atmosphere was great and just got better as the show went on and the visuals were damn cool too. Loved the drowning george w ;) Not too sure about the new stuff (with Chris James), but it may have just been that I didn't think it fit that well within the context of the music played in the rest of the show... will be interesting to hear the new album when it comes out.

Great night =D

(And big props for the raised dj platform... avoided the issue of trying to see over the tall people in front of us!)

sounds like he did a better job in sydney than he did at splendour!
i dont think hes suited for big crowds though.

^ aye, you could hear the bitterness in his voice when he mentioned that the atmosphere in sydney was far more warming than at splendour :\

it was all tops until the bitches at the bar charged me $3 for a bottle of water that was only 300ml and wouldn't give people the lids. paranoid much?