• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

[SYD] 27/05/06 - Transmission: Magic City - Sydney State Sports Centre - REVIEWS

bengalaas

Bluelighter
The BIG Main Arena, Sydney State Sports Centre
Sydney Olympic Park, Homebush Bay
9pm - 7am
4 internationals, 50 locals, 6000 people plus YOU!

It's been nearly a year since we have seen Sydney's most amazing dance spectacular and now, we're getting ready to rise again for the night of nights! This is a dance spectacular that will exceed all your expectations… Are you ready for Transmission, The Magic City?

More than the years gone by, the Transmission team will bring you an event full of magical surprises, and we're not just talking about the musical program! Expect theatre, dancers, acts, spectacular stunts, comedians and most importantly Transmission's heart and soul, the very best in MUSIC!

Transmission, The Magic City, will feature a full stadium dance floor and seating experience in the biggest main room dance event in the country. Creating this most amazing atmosphere, we have our most powerful laser yet to been seen, perfect digital sound plus a breath taking lighting show that can only be seen at Transmission.

All these elements combined will ensure that this edition of Transmission will be a totally overwhelming experience designed to stimulate your senses and satisfy your curiosity. So be part of an event that will bring you a setting in which magical memories will be born. See you at the TRANSMISSION, THE MAGIC CITY!

Zany
Every space lights up when Zany gets up on stage. Zany can simply do magic when he is behind the turntables. From the Netherlands, this hardstyle maniac has being DJing and producing for more than 10 years now. His discography of his hits are long and extensive, starting from, MotherF*ck, Rock The Beats, Sky High and P.L.O.R.K just to name a few. His sets combine party tracks with deep hardstyle which is a perfect combination for Transmission. He will easily make you go crazy, trust us, it will be like taking candy from a baby!

Proteus
Winner of the Best Hard Dance DJ 2005 and 2006!

Proteus has being voted "Best Hard Dance DJ" in the world 2 years running. Clubbers around the globe vote hands down for Proteus, leaving such legendary names like Lisa Lashes and Yoji Biomehanika behind him. Proteus had the honourable task of DJing at Dance Valley's 10th Anniversary in front of 60 000 people as well as headlining at Europe's biggest festivals. This freq of nature and are unimaginable DJ spectacle, he goes around cracking a whip on stage, while DJing with a variety SnM masks standing on the shoulders of the legendary Yoji Biomehanika. This is certainly bound to raise the temperature to the heat of a nuclear reactor!

Randy Katana
Randy Katana is an Uplifting Trance Superstar; he has became one of the fastest growing artists in The Netherlands, the most booked international DJ in Spain, and has played in countries like Poland, Malta, Crete, Sweden and France. He has created 3 international Trance Smash hits that made number one on all Dutch dance charts. His track "In Silence" has just been announced as the "Best track of the year 2004" by www.tranceaddict.com. The doctor of Trance is coming to Sydney and he is making a house call to Transmission!

Dark by Design aka Gaz West - LIVE
Here is a rare opportunity to see UK's top hard trance artist play LIVE. DBD is a multi talented phenomenon. Gaz's description of his sound is "huge kick, huge bass, huge riff" and he is definitely right on the money. There is no more powerful sound in hard dance right now. His pile-driving rhythms and trademark soaring epic riffs amount to a raw hybrid of European Hardstyle and UK NRG. His LIVE performances provide the perfect chance for him to combine the two things in life he loves the most - His music and partying! Usually it is harder to tell who is having it larger. Dark By Design or the crowd!

link - http://www.transmission.net.au/magiccity/

tickets are sold out online.

Buy 3 get 1 Free - $225.00 plus 10% bf
Standard Tickets - $77.00 plus 10% bf

Tickets available at:

Ticketek
The Urban Store
Central Station Records, Darlinghurst
One Stop Deejay, Darlinghurst
3 Mobile, Railway Parade, Cabramatta

Last edited:
proteus.. he is totally mad! those incessant pounding beats.. dont know if I could handle it :p

dont forget dark by design. i'm gonna need to be on a little more than alcohol for this one i reckon

Tix are still available from Ticketek!

This event is going to be awesome. Fantastic lineup (even if the set times are short), plus the SSC is always a wicked venue.

So hyped about this one :D

short set tiems indeed, 9pm-7am.. 10 hours divided by 54 DJs (4 intls+50locals)..

thats.. 11.1 minutes per DJ??? wtf. that cant be right lol.

just bought my ticket last night from ticketek. this will be good.

Got my ticket today, 7 days to go woot, hope they don't drag on an on :p

Gonna go easy the first half of the night then get hecktic for 3:45am - Zany, 5am - Proteus and maybe a little nik fish to end out the night

^where did you get those set times from? can't seem to find them on the site.

They got sent out in emails, here you go:

THE MAGIC CITY
9PM -10PM – PETE HEERY V CHESTER
10PM– 11PM – NITROUZ V MATRIX
11PM – 12.20AM – FINAL DJ COMP ‘TOP 4’
12.20AM – 1AM – BEXTA V ARCHIE
1AM – 1.45AM – DARK BY DESIGN
1.45AM - 2.45AM – RANDY KATANA
2.45AM – 3.45AM – NEVOUS V STEVE HILL
3.45AM – 5AM – ZANY
5AM – 6AM – PROTEUS
6AM - 7AM – NIK FISH V AMBER SAVAGE

FUNKY CITY
9PM – 10PM – RED BARRON
10PM -11PM – TIM RAE
11PM – 12AM – TORES
12AM – 1AM – PATO V IVO
1AM – 2AM – SWEE LING
2AM – 3AM – BENDER FENDERS
4AM – 5AM – RODLEE
5AM – 6AM – GRANT FOLEY

NUBREED CITY9PM – 10PM – ALEC V ADZ
10PM -11PM – TAKT V PABLO ANON
11PM – 12AM – SLIM V DJ SHASH
12AM – 1AM – SCOTT BECKER
1AM – 2AM – WHISPER V ANDY GOLDEN
2AM – 3AM – SPANK V SHADOWER
3AM – 4AM – XREAM V LOOSE CANNON
4AM – 5AM – FRODO V FAST TWITCH
5AM – 6AM - KRIP V SPINX
6AM – 7AM – DJ SCAT V RICH ANDERSON

^wicked. looks like magic city's the place to be from 1am onwards. if u see a small dude with big hair that'll be me. do say hi or something. :D

..5 days left!

I hope you all have a great night. After seeing Steve Hill and Nervous play 2 weeks ago it put me off attending tonight.

I'm sure it will be great though. Be safe

of the 3 months i've been in sydney, this has been my best night by far. i didn't really see the "live" aspect of dark by design it seemed the same as the other DJ's sets i reckon. proteus definitely stole the show though for me. his energy fired the crowd up immensely - half the show was just watching him. wicked sets from all the other DJs too.

being my first transmission I had no idea about the random offices that had been turned into seperate party rooms so stumbling upon them was almost like an adventure.. actually that was probably just me lol. they weren't the life of the party but they were interesting to check out.. for like a good 5 minutes or so.

a BIG BIG thank you to Nik Fish though for dropping 'Pendulum - Slam' right at the end. that was probably a treat to a select few of us rather than eveyrone there but i'm glad i was one of them. it was then that i knew my $80 had been well spent.

one aspect i reckon transmission could have improved upon would be the sound system. the bass wasn't fat enough, the sound was very linear unless you were right in the middle of the dancefloor (which is where i was for the mostpart but still...). this probably had something to do with the general acoustics of the venue. didn't stop me from having a blast though.

thanks for a wicked night. hope you all had as much fun as i did. can't wait for the next one :)

I think evryone was good except Dark By Design, for his entire time on the stage, i was standing there, looking at him and yelling: get off the fuckign stage. I mean I didnt pay that money to listen to his crap and in the end i stopped yelling and went outside. That was my first Transmission in about 3 years. Didnt get to see Nick Fish at the end though. I was so tired at the end and bored coz i lost all my friends. anwyays that was a good time
still in decision of going to the 10th birthday

^yeah I actually had high expectations from him and his "LIVE" antics.. so much for that lol he stunk.

^no. there were cops patrolling the inside though. they didn't seem too bothered about anything though. why do you ask?

^^^
Hell I didnt even get patted down or checked
what u all think of the set-up?
I think it was crap
the one b4 that was nice
and I hate those 2 screens, too bright

^well it was my first transmission so I didn't really know what to expect.. if you claim the previous transmissions were better then thats great cos I had a brilliant night anyway. i'll definitely be going to the next one in september!