• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

[SYD] 1-Jul-06 UTOPIA - United - Homebush Showgrounds - REVIEWS

^^ there's loads that could have been done...

I haven't been to a Rave since 2002, but props to Sam & the Powerhouse gang for lasting 11 years... I was at the first Utopia all those years ago, one of the best parties i've ever been to but wouldn't go now. The scene and the people have changed way too much - to many kids thinking that they are invincible ending up in Hospital or dead for my liking.

Theres loads that could be done? Like what? Cover the walls with foam?? yeah good luck.. there were no speakers anywhere but the front of the room. If you werent there how can you say there were LOADS that could have been done?

If you actually knew about PA's and audio systems you wouldn't need to make a statement such as "Its very unfortunate but theres not much that can be done".

There's loads that can be done in situations where the EPA are involved...

Every event on whatever scale has to abide by the laws and the EPA. There is always something that can be done it just depends as to whether they want to do it or not. OR if they have the cpacity to do it.

Ive worked with a lot of sound engineers, radio people, my fathers a PA specialst and i know there is always something that can be done to improove sound quality. If the sound needs to be that loud just to get decent quality out of it then they should think about re-doing their system or moving to a venue with a better PA quality.

All the Utopias ive been to the sound has been ok. But i havent been for a few years. The rave scenes changed heaps and its the same with raves as with technology: as the time progress's so does the crowd or following. there are probly more naieve people out there but we try our best to educate them on the dangers of taking drugs.

That being said, all for reviews...but try not to get into a conversation that sounds like its turning into a catty fight

<3