• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Swtiched from Adderall to Ritalin. Why can't I catch a buzz? I'm a Virgin to Ritalin

Stimlover22

Bluelighter
I actually have mixed diagnoses of adult adhd/narcolepsy( I know, how does that happen)? Before I decided to see a doctor and received my diagnoses I would self medicate heavily with stimulants, mainly shards (meth), street adderall and the such. I never disclosed my self medicating habits to my MD of course when I sought medical help (for my diagnosis, not for drug abuse).
So naturally speaking, I have a very high tolerance for amphetamines, like the doctor had me on Adderall IR 30mg 4x a day and when first started on that dosage I was superman, then my prior tolerance of meth abuse and regularly therapeutic doses of my rx adderall tol caught up with me and it takes about 160mg IR of addie to get me where I wanna be, not even kidding.
For insurance reasons, (and I knew i'd regret it) I asked my MD to switch me to Ritalin (methylphenidate). He started me @ 10mg 2x daily (not sure if there is a cross tolerance with amps and methylphenidate, but popping them all day & not felt much of anything).
Damn, so far since receiving my ritalin prescription today, i've gone through 80mgs (not all at once just in case of a reaction) in the last 10-11 hours and used various ROA so far. Everything short of smoking, plugging, or I.V.ing it and i've yet to get that rush of dopamine one single time yet, or the feeling of those little butterflies in my stomach my 30mg addie would provide first thing on an empty stomach.

***Thinking of going all out right now and popping 4 at the same time, I have 30ml vial liquid pg solution of a benzo-etizolam- just in case I feel like I may have overdone it if I choose to do this. Is this an okay idea?

WTF? I hear ritalin is supposed to be like a cocaine buzz, if anything my thoughts are a bit more speedy but I feel nothing like I just bumped a line of some fish scale (or even low quality blow), or even even remotely feel like I railed a 60mg line of plain ol adderall.

Could there be a cross-tolerance issue carrying over here, even though Ritz aren't "amphetamines"? Jesus.. how much do I have to pop, snort, at one time to get the classic "Ritalin High"?

should of stuck with the addies buddy. Never like ritalin. Felt a lot dirtier to me. I would imagine its a tolerance thing. If you live in the US there are pharmacy discount sites where you can get addies pretty cheap. Like half of what they normally are which is decent for 60 or 90 pills. I don't know why you are on such a high dose. I'm sure you did feel like superman but you fucked up your tolerance.

Jesus.. how much do I have to pop, snort, at one time to get the classic "Ritalin High"?

Have never heard of this "classic" high and I have ADD and take 20mg methylphenidate a day if needed (10mg IR twice a day, but sometimes don't have the need to take them for a few weeks).

The classic high you are thinking of is methamphetamine.
End of story.

You can't squeeze blood out of a stone, and you can't get high on ritalin especially if you indeed have ADHD symptoms.

The meth gave you that kick, and you want it again - psychological addiction is a bitch, so all I can say to try and help is to stop looking for that classic high, you know where it is and the dangers that come with it.

The quicker you get these thoughts out of your head the easier it will get not having to have a "classic high" every day or week or month etc.

I've been down that road and have learned a lot and don't regret those experiences now, I am grateful that I have a prescription for ritalin and if I want to get high i will smoke some weed.

It isn't "classic" , that's for damn sure, but "Classic" is a once off experience.
That is what the word means.

I've just accepted that fact after so many years, and hope you can do the same.

I personally HATE ritalin but love amps. Of course you won't feel as good. Amphetamines trump methylphenidate. Try and get dexadrine. I THINK Its cheaper than adderall but I may be wrong. Just stick with amps. Ritalin feels like a jittery mess. Amps help my add and calm me down. Also I think focalin is pretty cheap. It's the D-isomer of methylphenidate and is much more euphoric than ritalin.

Ritalin is a dopamine reuptake inhibitor, whereas Adderall is both a dopamine releasing agent and a reuptake inhibitor. Adderall increases dopamine signalling more than Ritalin does.

ritalins worse than adderall for getting a high imo, so you screwed yourself haha, but you should try a few beers with ritalin it makes it turn into a more powerful stim and it feels way better, or plugging it or IV'ing it.

I concur with the pre opus poster that methylphenidate is only a dopamine reuptake inhibitor while amphetamines both release dopamine and reuptake basically dual acting so it makes sense you wouldn't feel much from methylphenidate compared to any amphetamine.

Ritalin (18mg) just gave me a massive panic attack that put me in the ER and needed 4mg of IM Ativan before I was okay to go home. I take 20-40mg of Adderall IR a day... so I don't see how anyone could get high off Ritalin lmao