• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

swollen veins

vladislav

Greenlighter
Hi!
I'm new to the forum, so I might have posted on the wrong board, if so, sorry for that!
5 days ago I had a crazy night injecting Zolpidem, I crushed a 12.5mg tablet, double filtered with cotton, everything good, but then, being very high, I kept on preparing and injecting more and more, for a total of 5 piils, with the last two I also added a quarter adderall 10mg pill each (so a total of 5mg). I don't have a complete recollection of what happened from a certain point, the morning after I woke up full of needle marks, and I think two out of veins, basically, here is how they look after 5 days http://imgur.com/a/EPbCE , the bumps are slightly warm and it's painful to touch them, no pain if I don't touch.
Are those collapsed veins? an infection? what should I do? I started today taking ibuprofen to help with the inflammation, I also read that a hot cloth over the vein might be a good idea, what do you think?
thank you :)

If I were you I would stop injecting pills, and seek medical help, and tell them what you wrote here. Better safe than sorry. I've never IV'd anything, and do not want to; but it's really dangerous to IV pills even if you do grind them up into a fine powder and use filters. Stay safe, I moved this to other drugs for you.

Last edited:
^There's no better advice than this.

If you aren't sure on what you actually did, as in you can't recall/remember then it's quite possible that you missed parts or all of some of your shots which may account for the swelling....so the inflammation your seeing may not actually be the vein itself but rather the surrounding tissue and/or the solution itself sitting under the skin.

I'm not trying to downplay this but rather offer you an explanation as to what you're looking at. You should still see a Dr, but if that is not something you feel you want to do immediately, even though you should, then monitor the swelling around the injection sites for increased swelling (use a pen and draw a circle around the swelling) and other symptoms indicative of an infection (research IV complications). If it gets worse then that is your cue to see a Dr urgently for treatment which may be a simple course of anti-biotics. Please cease shooting that stuff mate, it's not intended for that ROA, take care

A member of this forum lost there arm doing exactly the same thing you did OP. Same pill and everything. Get to a hospital asap, those look like some severe abscesses and you do not want those spreading and getting any worse.

Also, you may want to exam the extent of your drug addictions when you get to the point of injecting sleeping pills, which is very risky, and seriously consider rehab.

A member of this forum lost there arm doing exactly the same thing you did OP. Same pill and everything. Get to a hospital asap, those look like some severe abscesses and you do not want those spreading and getting any worse.

Also, you may want to exam the extent of your drug addictions when you get to the point of injecting sleeping pills, which is very risky, and seriously consider rehab.

That's just what I was about to mention... Here is the link. He didnt think it was serious at first either.
www.bluelight.org/.../730686-ya-I-was-shooting-Ambien-(and-lost-my-arm)

head to the ER and have it looked at
the thing people dont understand hospitals only have one job...to help you if you need help
they can give 2 shits about what you do or dont do
also not their job to snitch you out or get cops involved due to drug use only time they get law enforcement when you get shot etc
little birdy told me that
with that being said tell them the same thing you posted here
it can be something serious to your vein being damaged because im sure you didnt take the same precaution on your last injection as you did your first

yeah go to the hospital. Even if it is not something very serious, piece of mind is a good thing to have. However, if it is the start of something serious, you can save yourself lots of pain and nerve damage. I had phlebitis in my arm...I waited till my entire arm was swollen and now I get tingles in my fingertips every once in a while on that arm....kinda sucks.....since you have five days of mystery time it would be better just to go.

FOOOK.
thanks guys, you really scared the fucking hell out of me with the story of the guy who lost his arm and well, I went to the ER, the nurse at the reception saw my arms and said "ah yes, abscesses." the next three hours waiting have been the worst of my life, thinking I was going to lose my arm or poison my blood to death...fuck it. The same night I was operated to both arms, total anesthesia (first of my life, awesome experience) now I'm back home and safe. As you said nobody cared about what I did, they just asked why I was injecting zolpidem, I told them to get high, they didn't even bat an eye, don't be scared of medics, they only care about your health and safety, not about the drugs and illegal things you do.
Again, THANK YOU, if I didn't get this response here I wouldn't have gone to the ER. Dumb me.
And CaveBear I'm with you, in those terrifying hours I knew how losing an arm or risking my life means. I was no smarter than you, just luckier, and probably if it didn't happen to you I wouldn't be so scared and didn't go to ER, so thanks, know that your story saved my arm.
As a final consideration I don't think it was the zolpidem(ambien) itself as a chemical to cause the infection, its the fact that after 2 shots I was super fucked up and while preparing the third I probably didn't filter it properly or at all, probably spilled it on the floor and sucked it back in, I was completely delirious.
SO. My advice is to not IV zolpidem, as it really renders you incapable of doing things properly, probably crush and parachute works good anyways. If really you want to do it keep precautions like only having one at home and destroy the needle immediatly after shooting, one is enough, everything you do while high on IV zolpidem is just out of control. And obviously, the usual micron or cotton multiple filtering, clean water and tools. Stay safe.
For me, no more needles :)
Again, thanks, thanks and thanks.

I'm so glad to hear you went and all turned out ok. When you have heat like that it's usually some sort of infection. And having read about the other forum member who lost an arm after he thought he was out of the woods, well, I'm just glad that was able to prevent the same thing from happening to you.

Always better to be safe than sorry. That's what the ER is there for. Again--happy you're ok!

Get to a doctor, it looks like you missed the entire shot and that size and red color aren't good indicators.