• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Swollen hands. Ideas?

Animoe

Bluelighter
So since Saturday morning, my hands have been swollen, it is now Monday morning. At first I thought it was for sure due to hitting an artery, but then when I started thinking about the anatomy of the body I really don't think that's the case. Because I have been injecting into my femoral vein and into my jugular (I know, super dangerous for both areas. please skip over the lecture of injecting into these areas), but have not injected into my arms/hands in a week and a half, and on Friday morning, I thought I may have injected a small amount of fluid into my femoral artery, but since it was Friday when I (think) I may have hit my femoral artery, it was Saturday when my hands became swollen, and also, the femoral artery doesn't go to my hands. I don't know what I was thinking. My feet/legs are completely 100% fine, no swelling, no burning, nothing.

Anyway, I started looking around the internet for reasons of swollen hands, and it's saying that overusing them when they're not used to it will do that, carpal tunnel etc. So I think it may be because I started a new job on Wednesday, and I have been using my hands more than I really ever have (before this job I had been unemployed for quite some time, so my hands are definitely not used to this). So I am pretty sure that is the case. Anyway, I have a doctor appointment today at 10:00 to refill my Bupe, so I'm going to see what he says about my hands.

Am I right though in thinking it was due to my new job where I use the fuck out of my hands all day? Or could hitting my femoral artery somehow have gotten to my hands and swelled em up?

THANKS!

Last edited:
How swollen are we talking about? Any discoloration? The doctor will know best but if your not honest about the injection he's going to blow you off most likely.

Not extremely swollen, I can make a fist and I was able to work on Saturday day. There is no discoloration, no pins and needles or pain associated with hitting an artery (I have hit arteries plenty of times in the past), I am still getting blood flow to my finger tips (Press down on fingernail until white, release and they turn pink again).

I was thinking it was a hit artery because the only time I've ever had swollen hands was when I hit an artery, but they're both swollen, and like I said, I just started a new job a few days ago and have not ever used my hands to the extent that I have in the past few days. Also, it was Friday morning that I THOUGHT I hit an artery (not 100% sure), and it was Saturday morning that they became swollen (third day of new job)

Edit* They are also not hot to the touch, normal temp. and I still have all the feeling in both hands. Swelling is the only symptom.

Edit2* Oh I just remembered, on Saturday night during work, my fingers started locking up toward the end of my shift.. I'm pretty sure it is from overexerting my hands for the past few days.

Last edited:
Well, like I said, I had a Dr appointment already scheduled. I just got back. Dr said it may or may not be an infection, and prescribed Cephalexin just to be safe. I have no fever whatsoever, the only pain is very slight and it's just if I really focus on it or if I massage my hand with enough force. The swelling is more prevalent in my right hand though which sorta adds to me thinking it's from over exerting my hands at my job because I use my right hand for most everything.

I'm just wondering IF hitting the femoral artery could affect my hands in any way, because if I did hit it would it not be my feet/legs/groin area that would be swollen, painful etc.?

Thanks!