• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Switching from u4/poppy pod tea to suboxone-when and how much?

S

Subsplease

I'm an opioid addict who relapsed and I used u47700 for about a week or two, dosing about 5-10 mgs at a time, several time a day. Probably averaged out to like 50-70mgs a day or so. Then I used poppy pod (opium) tea for two days after I ran out of u4. I've been feeling mild wd from the u4, and idk if I'll feel any from the poppy tea. Anyway, when can I switch to suboxone safely? And how much should I take? I have 4mg

Well lets see here....so do you have a long history involving chronic Opiate abuse & addiction???
I mean prior to the "used...for about a week or two....& pod tea for 2 days after", because if that is the total sum of your experience with opiates, I assure you sir, or mam, that the LAST thing you could possibly need right now is suboxone.

It almost sounds like your an opiate-niave person who just recently had your Hypothalamus burst with your first opioid-induced experiences, and thinks that 2 weeks is somehow enough time, not only to actually get you addicted, but also to warrant shit like Suboxone, in order to kick your 2 week Opioid addiction.

If that's as far as your history with opioids goes back, you can probably get 4 good doses, or more from 4mg. Be careful though ESPECIALLY (and this is important) if you have no prior opiate tolerance....I don't fucking mean pod-tea or Uranium235, or whatever the hell kinda stuff you've gotten yourself into.
If you haven't had much experience with real, verified, opiate pills, powders, etc etc....or even If you've only been experienced for 3 weeks-1 month, even Suboxone's pathetic shell of a Phenanthrene will most likely blow all the other drugs you've tried out of the water.
Why?

Well that's the reason SUBS should only be given to severely addicted, chronically relapsing, highly tolerant DRUG ADDICTS. If you give a serious Morphine/Heroin user(or any other semi-potent, adaquatley dosed opioid) whose been using 3-4X a day for over a year some Suboxone, all it's gonna do is take the sick away, and fix their brain back into their skull. So they can function like normal people.

On the other hand, if some soccer-mom gets Rx'd Vicodin for a dental problem, and continues to take it at prescribed doses for 3 months straight (meaning no outrages dosages, serious abuse etc..), then goes back and gets put on SUBOXONE, because she simply assumes she's already addicted, she's gonna say, "Vicodin, fuck Vicodin....this SUB stuff totally rules blahhhhhblablaah!! WHOOO!!"

Suboxone is a very potent drug, so for people with Little to NO TOLERANCE, Subs will literally fuck them up immensely. Especially compared to traditional opioids like Morphine, Codeine, Hydro...Suboxone posses an "Intoxication Factor" which makes real Opiates feel like asprin when compared in non-tolerant users.

Just saying, it would be hilarious if somebody who was barely addicted at all, but seriously thought they were hoplessley addicted, tried Subs.....oh I'm sure it happens all the time with some of the old quacks....probably do it for fun when they get a whiney patient. "oh your addicted, here try this"
Hours later "Hey doc, uhhhhhhhhh, I can't stop, uhhhhhhhh, vomitin uuhhhhh" This stuff made my addiction worse!"
No....you made your addiction worse when you didn't listen to reason, haha jokes on those people.

Treefa nailed it.

Suboxone is made for people with serious Opiate addictions.
Like myself.. if you get 'high' on Subs, then you're totally fucked. Suboxone is not for you.

When I take a 4mg dose of subs, I'm still doepsick... I'm Rx'd 16mg of Subutex daily.. and that hold me for 24 hours.
But if I IV or snort my subs, I do get pretty high..

bottom line is, a 2-3 week run of opiate use, is no where near ready to take Suboxone.. you need to be addicted to opiates for a bare minimum of a year, taking STRONG opiates such as Heroin or Oxy to even consider Suboxone.

Treefa nailed it.

Suboxone is made for people with serious Opiate addictions.
Like myself.. if you get 'high' on Subs, then you're totally fucked. Suboxone is not for you.

When I take a 4mg dose of subs, I'm still doepsick... I'm Rx'd 16mg of Subutex daily.. and that hold me for 24 hours.
But if I IV or snort my subs, I do get pretty high..

bottom line is, a 2-3 week run of opiate use, is no where near ready to take Suboxone.. you need to be addicted to opiates for a bare minimum of a year, taking STRONG opiates such as Heroin or Oxy to even consider Suboxone.

While I agree with some of the above-posted sentiments, I feel like we're glossing over an important factor in this scenario, namely, the phenomenon known as the Kindling Effect. What is this? Well, essentially, it's the ability for a previously dependent individual to reinstate their previous dependence at a disproportionately fast rate. Whereas, maybe when you first started using Opioids, it took months of use to develop a habit, now, you can develop a severe habit in less than a week. It's not at all uncommon for an Opioid addict with a period of abstinence to develop a dependency and full withdrawal syndrome after only a few days of usage.

The phenomenon has been more closely studied in relation to Alcoholism, but it seems to apply to other classes of drugs. I can speak from experience that it's real. It takes me 3-5 days of consistent use to develop a dependence/withdrawal syndrome. So, for this reason, it's not an insane notion to think that OP might require some Buprenorphine to medicate his sypmtoms.

We need to be really careful before telling people in absolute terms that they are or are not "right for Suboxone". The OP stated pretty clearly that he is an Opioid addict and that this was not his first fooray into these usage patterns. He's also not trying to imply that he requires a Buprenorphine maintenance protocol to deal with his relapse. It seems like he's just intending to use it in the event that his withdrawal makes him unable to function completely.

At any rate, I don't see a need to acquire any more Buprenorphine. 4mg should be more than enough for your situation. To be safe, I would wait the full 24 hours before ingesting any. If we're talking about Poppy Tea, which is typically longer-lasting, you might do well to allow yourself a full 36 hours of abstinence. It's always better to be safe rather than sorry regarding Buprenorphine. Dealing with a few more hours of mild discomfort is preferable to dealing with precipitated withdrawal.

Also, where are you deriving these numbers/variables from? A bare minimum of one-year addiction? Must be addicted to Oxy or Heroin? I just feel like you guys might need to rein it in a little bit regarding the advice. Everyone experiences addiction differently and their progression will in turn follow a different path. To tell someone that they can't take Buprenorphine unless they take Opioids "...3x - 4x per day for at least a year" is arbitrary and a little bit irresponsible.

This is all irrelevant though, as OP stated initially that this was not his only prior experience with Opioids. He's an addict who has relapsed and given what we know about the Kindling Effect, it's totally within reason to assume that he/she might experience some withdrawal.

As far as dosage goes though OP, you should definitely be good at 1mg Buprenorphine per day, but I would go with half of that to start and see how you feel. Buprenorphine is a pretty interesting drug and as dosage increases, the more desirable, full-agonist qualities of the medication begin experiencing more competition with the antagonist/partial agonist qualities of the medication. For this reason, there's dual benefit in keeping your dosage as low as possible.

Lol harsh responses in regard to duration hahaha. So I am unaware of what you classify as an addict but ya as they stated subs are a pain to quit by themselves so a few weeks to 3 months is really a starter idea, Mayne after 3 months depending on how much you got your body addicted during the 3 months you might need assistance letting down

You have to be in withdrawal, so you have to wait around 24-48 hours before inducing.

Your dosage wasn't that high, so I'd say do a quick taper, like 2mg; 1mg; 0.5mg; 0.25mg

This is just my opinion I don't use opiates. But, addiction is extremely hard to quantify. I think that what is measurable is does the addition of Suboxone lead to a reduction of more potentially dangerous actions like taking questionable research opiates, ingesting large amount of apap in hydrocodone, or IV drug use ESP with poor sterilization. Idk if he is addicted or not or how you'd define a act. But if Suboxone stops drug seeking risky behavior and allows them to focus on their life instead of getting dope then I'd say that be beneficial if it leads to just selling them for money for heroin or continuing to use other opiates then I'd consider it unproductive.

After rereading his post I guess he means using Suboxone just short term and not Opiate replacement therapy. Couldn't you just get a general idea of the predicted opiates in poppy tea. I'm sure you could find on scholar.google.com researchers quantifying the amount of opiates and which ones in random samples and extraction from various brewing techniques.