• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Switching from Oxycodone

Im Jake

Greenlighter
Switching from Oxycodone / closest opiate to oxy?

Well I just got a heads up from a friend that my doctor is having to take everyone off oxycodone because the DEA has threatened him. I have been in two fatal car wrecks, I was thrown out of a windshield and hit by a truck and broke most of the major bones. I have been on oxycodone since I was 16 and am now 22. I'm prescribed 15mg IR 4 times a day, but have a huge tolerance, I could take 10 at once and be completely normal with some decent euphoria. He's offering to write anything else except oxy and even combinations, he mentioned fentanyl patches. I've taken morphine, oxy, hydro and nucenta xr. Morphine makes me feel weird, hydro makes me tired and the nucenta did nothing for me. Oxy gives me energy and a good euphoric feeling and I'm trying to find or hear experiences of people that have done something that is similar/stronger than oxy. I'm looking mainly for the euphoria and not so tired I can't function. But I do have a really high tolerance. Long time viewer first time poster thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Fentanyl is a huge jump up. Honestly your not on much. Your talking 60mg a day. And your not really given any reasonable options that won't transfer you into a deep hole of addiction. I'd honestly give Kratom a whirl. at 60mg a day a good two glasses through the day will really get you going, especially if you find your right strain. I've replaced higher doses with kratom with no problems. Good luck!

Ask for opana. My doc switched me to opana without blinking an eye, but he flat out refused to put me on oxycontin. Fucking weird, I know, but with all the bad press oxycodone gets, a lot of docs have switched to oxymorphone. I couldn't tolerate it well though. Got a new doc, switched to oxycontin. Def wouldn't ask for fent though. Huge tolerance jump, not that euphoric

Yes it is. Slightly different as it is slightly different then oxycodone. It resembles both that of morphine derivatives and that if oxycodone without being entirely either or. There is a much more chemicilly accurate answer to that and I know I'm not entirely right. But that was always my understanding of it, and it makes sense to me that way as well because it also feels that way to me. Morphine isn't as energetically euphoric as oxycodone may be. It is more of a full body thing. But everyone's different, it could be right up your ally.