• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Switching from dope to vallium

chill1208

Greenlighter
I have successfully managed to switch over from a 2 year dope addiction, to taking about 20mg of valium a day, I was wondering when I should start weening myself off the benzos and how much I should step down every day. Thanks :)

You should ween down immediately before you come dependent on benzos as they have worse withdrawal then opiates. I'd take 5mg less everyday till you get to 5mg then just cut your dose in half.

How long are you off the dope and on valium?

Im not familiar with how many mgs a valium tablet is(we aint got then here),id suggest you cut 2 to 2.5 mgs from your standard dose every
3-4 days,meaning take 18 to 17.5 mgs tommorow and if you feel ok on Sunday or Monday,start taking 15mgs.

i agree with f33lg00d and blak kat, you should taper of the valium, but under medical supervision. that's going to the doctors, explaining what you are doing and coming up with an action plan that suits you and - i really can't stress this enough - is somatically sound. 20mg isn't an awfully large amount, but depending on your so many factors an abrupt withdrawal could still lead to complications. Happened to me a bunch of times.

just remember, valium is pretty much just as bad. but really happy to hear you are trying to get off it all. best of luck.

Last edited:
Lol 20mg valium from a 2 year dope habit is enormous - not even close to just as bad. Congratulations on this huge step I'm sure it wasn't painless. Now yes. ..taper. you can do it pretty quick depending how long you've been on it. You don't necessarily need docs and the Ashton model although you've got (arguably) the best choice for a long taper. That really means you're even better off for a quick one with d iazepams long ass active metabs.