• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Switching from 30mg Valium/day to 4mg Xanax/day...What to expect?

Alexander16

Bluelighter
Basically Ive been on xanax for 3 years or so and love the med (apart from the interdose w/ds). So about 3 months ago I cold turkey'd xanax and switched to 30MG Valium. The first 2 weeks were rough but I didn't have a huge problem switching over...Eventually valium made me feel like a brainless zombie, it also caused me to have suicidal thoughts daily. While I'm on xanax I never experience depression, I just hate the short half life because it makes me feel so great.
One thing I realized about the diazepam was the uscle relaxant properties are extremely strong,so much so that i couldn't maintain an erection and when I'd work out I could lift weights for like two hours (after consuming a lot of caffeine) and my muscles wouldnt be tired in the slightest. I just got scripted 4mg xanax/day today...1mg every 4 hours to avoid interdose withdrawals...Should I experience withdrawal from the valium from this switch? (the last 2 days i consumed 70-90mg valium) but other than that I stuck to my 30mg dose. Are my muscles going to go into crazy spasms or any shit like that? I know many have switched from xanax to valium, but has anyone here switched high dose valium to high dose xanax? Experiences?

Diazepam will definitely remain the pinnacle of myorelaxation for a benzo IMO, it is just always willing to loosen my muscles, which are typically very tense and stiff with my panic/anxiety. When compared with alprazolam, I have always found diazepam to actually fulfill the description of a muscle relaxant whereas, alprazolam is an AWESOME anxiolytic and "functional". But I find diazepam personally very helpful and no daytime fog+a mental boost because everything is so damn manageable.

I personally love the Greenstone generic alprazolam. Second gen generic, and seems really close to the original Upjohn/Pfizer brand name Xanax. Purepac is also a solid generic IME.

It sounds like alprazolam will be quite useful for you, as you mention diazepam is overly sedating for you at 30mg/day. May I ask what generic brand you were taking of the diazepam before the switch?